• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

staten42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    After sending mine in on April 14th, I finally received my lifetime on Saturday!!!! Woo-hoo!!!! What a great present for the 4th!!! :patriot: :rockwoot:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    No useful information unless you at least state what county you are in. But having said that , Congratulations and enjoy in good health!! :rockwoot::D
    Its still useful to know they are processing from April 14. County is relevant and helpful, but I care less about the county. I know when mine got sent in from Elkhart PD, so from there its up to ISP.

The usual congrats to those who have gotten theirs in the past few days. Thanks for keeping the rest of us posted! :patriot:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Its still useful to know they are processing from April 14. County is relevant and helpful, but I care less about the county. I know when mine got sent in from Elkhart PD, so from there its up to ISP.

The usual congrats to those who have gotten theirs in the past few days. Thanks for keeping the rest of us posted! :patriot:

Not really as I applied before that and still do not have the license. So County or City does matter. :)

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    Not really as I applied before that and still do not have the license. So County or City does matter. :)

It doesn't really matter around here either. The local police does our fingerprints, gives us the forms and our prints in an envelope, we send them to the state. It doesn't go through the county in my area (Syracuse IN, Kosciusko county)

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN

Out of curiosity, did you mail yours in, or did your police department? Regardless, you werent wrong in wanting more information, I was merely pointing out that it isnt worthless. Its simply not as useful as it could be.

(For what it is worth, I can think of a few reasons for why one might take longer than another, such as less time at a residence, common name, questionable run-in, younger in age, etc)

gunman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Jasper Co.
    i think its a load of bs for those of you that had to wait longer than 60 days to receive your ltch and for me personally knowing im going to have to wait longer b/c some schmucks can't keep up with their job when it is law. as far as i know those who have mentioned it to them get shrugged off, however i think that if the lot of us calls them, emails them, their superiors and the state govt etc.. on a daily basis complaining isp's tune will change dramatically.. who's in?

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Technically, the 12th of July is the 60 day limit for mine. They suggested that if I hadn't heard by the 16th to call again. With an allowance for the mail (and the holiday) that's about right. I'll call again on the 16th if I don't have it by then. I'm hoping that I'm going to be pleasantly surprised in the next few days.

If that doesn't work, I'd definitely be interested in a campaign to let our state government know that the ISP isn't following state law.

But I'm not going to jump the gun, so to speak.

Penske

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Oh guess I should say where I'm from 40 miles north of Lafayette, little town called Francesville

staten42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    No useful information unless you at least state what county you are in. But having said that , Congratulations and enjoy in good health!! :rockwoot::D

Out of my pure excitement I failed to indicate what part of the state I'm in. I live in Noblesville ,which is just north of Indy, and went through the Noblesville PD.

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    ERRRRRR~!!!!! So it's Tuesday, and for some strange reason no mail or officials working yesterday (i guess I don't have a real enough job to be off the day AFTER Independence day LOL) so I decided to give the lady a call back after speaking with the Lt. a week or so ago.

She told me that my paperwork was literally right in front of her and that my statement had nothing written on it from the Lt. I told her he had stated the situation did not qualify and he would get it sent down the line and she says she very much remembers the conversation and he verbally stated he was going to process it. She said she was going to approve it and it will be going out in tomorrow's mail..which coming from Indy, I'd assume should be here Thur. or Fri. Will update with pics when that little pink bastard is in my hands!

malachi_s

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    North Central Indian
    Mailed my app in on the 14th of April. Called ISP and they asked if my check had been cashed, of course I knew that one. Yes, as a matter of fact it was on the 19th I mentioned. They said we are running about 9 to 10 weeks from time of check being cashed. Wait, wait and wait some more. Call ISP again. They ask when check was cashed, told them April 19th. They said "we are swamped and are running 12 to 13 weeks behind". Hmmm, not what I heard a couple of weeks ago. Anyway. I applied while my license was still still valid. They told me to keep my old license and a copy of my application with me and I was good until the new one arrives. Now I ask myself, can this be right. So I read that someone called them the other day and ISP told them they were processing apps from the 14th of April, I look every day in my mailbox but nothing from the Indiana State Police has arrived. Patience I say, I am running out of patience. Let's hope it arrives soon. OH, I live in Marion. Grant County for what thats worth.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Technically, the 12th of July is the 60 day limit for mine. They suggested that if I hadn't heard by the 16th to call again. With an allowance for the mail (and the holiday) that's about right. I'll call again on the 16th if I don't have it by then. I'm hoping that I'm going to be pleasantly surprised in the next few days.

If that doesn't work, I'd definitely be interested in a campaign to let our state government know that the ISP isn't following state law.

But I'm not going to jump the gun, so to speak.

While the ISP needs to know we are not happy, we also must be contacting our state government officials. If the ISP is swamped in processing applications, it sounds like they need to hire more people to process them. Our state government officials need to pressure them to either do so with their current budget (preferred) or give them more money so that they may. (less preferred, and even less so when we get a tax hike) Unfortunately they are probably not going to devout more resources to doing so unless forced. Im sure it would be something along the lines of "Well we would rather hire more officers so we can keep the public safe!"

Mailed my app in on the 14th of April. Called ISP and they asked if my check had been cashed, of course I knew that one. Yes, as a matter of fact it was on the 19th I mentioned. They said we are running about 9 to 10 weeks from time of check being cashed. Wait, wait and wait some more. Call ISP again. They ask when check was cashed, told them April 19th. They said "we are swamped and are running 12 to 13 weeks behind". Hmmm, not what I heard a couple of weeks ago. Anyway. I applied while my license was still still valid. They told me to keep my old license and a copy of my application with me and I was good until the new one arrives. Now I ask myself, can this be right. So I read that someone called them the other day and ISP told them they were processing apps from the 14th of April, I look every day in my mailbox but nothing from the Indiana State Police has arrived. Patience I say, I am running out of patience. Let's hope it arrives soon. OH, I live in Marion. Grant County for what thats worth.

They were correct in telling you that your old license will not expire until you are approved/denied for your renewal. This of course assumes you got your application in before the thirty day deadline. You are of lucky. You can at least carry until you receive yours. The rest of us are SOL

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Out of curiosity, did you mail yours in, or did your police department? Regardless, you werent wrong in wanting more information, I was merely pointing out that it isnt worthless. Its simply not as useful as it could be.

(For what it is worth, I can think of a few reasons for why one might take longer than another, such as less time at a residence, common name, questionable run-in, younger in age, etc)

Check out my profile page. :cool: :dunno:

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    just an update, i just got off the phone with a nice lady that told me they are working on apps from april 18th.....filed mine on may 18th...gonna b waitin a while still

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    i seen my money order was cashed on the 20th of may, i asked why they cashed it if they hadnt looked at my app yet, is it like a christmas card, u just open it , take out the money, and toss it to the side? she had a snappy comeback 4 that, so i said thanx and that was that.

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    i seen my money order was cashed on the 20th of may, i asked why they cashed it if they hadnt looked at my app yet, is it like a christmas card, u just open it , take out the money, and toss it to the side? she had a snappy comeback 4 that, so i said thanx and that was that.

ROFL! What was the snappy comeback? I'm interested! Rep for the awesome initial snap!

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.

Reps for that one! Thanks from all of us stiiiiiiiiill waiting! :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom