• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    I doubt anyone here has the same situation, but can't hurt to inquire.

I was an IN resident & had my permit. Then I moved to KY. I sent IN a letter stating that I moved, as the permit indicates. So I assume my permit would no longer be any good.
    Turns out I'm now moving back to IN (~3 months later). I was planning on just reapplying for a new permit.
    But anyone know if they will just reinstate the old one w/o having to go through the whole process again?

(Or if the old one is still good in their system, ie if I apply for a new one will it muck up the system since my old permit was good for another year and a half?)

I could be wrong..but I am currently an Indiana Resident with an LTCH. This is a "Lifetime" LTCH and no where does it stipulate that if I move, I must surrender my LTCH. In fact, I'd assume it'd still be valid in any state that honored our LTCH.

I hope you didn't throw it away, because you may have made a mistake. You're supposed to report to ISP when you move probably so when the Government decides 2A is no longer ours, they can just swoop in to all of our houses and take our guns :P

Ridgeway

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    I could be wrong..but I am currently an Indiana Resident with an LTCH. This is a "Lifetime" LTCH and no where does it stipulate that if I move, I must surrender my LTCH. In fact, I'd assume it'd still be valid in any state that honored our LTCH.

I hope you didn't throw it away, because you may have made a mistake. You're supposed to report to ISP when you move probably so when the Government decides 2A is no longer ours, they can just swoop in to all of our houses and take our guns :P

Nope I still have it. I just assumed that upon obtaining residence & domicile in a different state that the permit would be permanently invalid.

I know that is how KY does it. In fact KY requires a permit holder to mail their permit back to the state upon moving.

I guess I'll inquire w/the state police.

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Nope I still have it. I just assumed that upon obtaining residence & domicile in a different state that the permit would be permanently invalid.

I know that is how KY does it. In fact KY requires a permit holder to mail their permit back to the state upon moving.

I guess I'll inquire w/the state police.

As you should, but after reading mine again, it clearly states that (being a Lifetime license) If I commit a felony or am found to be a non-proper person, I must surrender my License. It does not say that if I move out of state I must surrender it, it just says to notify them of my new address. Willing to bet it's still very much valid.

Lifetime means lifetime for me. I don't care if I move to Guam, if Indiana's license is recognized there than god damnit I'm not giving it up.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I doubt anyone here has the same situation, but can't hurt to inquire.

I was an IN resident & had my permit. Then I moved to KY. I sent IN a letter stating that I moved, as the permit indicates. So I assume my permit would no longer be any good.
    Turns out I'm now moving back to IN (~3 months later). I was planning on just reapplying for a new permit.
    But anyone know if they will just reinstate the old one w/o having to go through the whole process again?

(Or if the old one is still good in their system, ie if I apply for a new one will it muck up the system since my old permit was good for another year and a half?)

It goes inactive. That is, you are no longer a holder while you live outside of Indiana. However, as soon as you move back, you can have it reinstated.

Basically they want you to get whatever permit once you move. If you move to Kentucky, they want you to get a Kentucky permit. If you are visiting in Indiana, your Kentucky is valid here. If you move back to Indiana, then you can have your Indiana reinstated again, so that you can return the Kentucky (or whatever they do).

You could also get an out of state permit, like Utah. That would be valid in Indiana, as long as you are not an Indiana resident.

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    If they don't answer after 1 minute I hang up and call right back
    My dad got his today:): funny thing is we went to get them together and I mailed them both off at the same friggin time. Some people got all the luck been waiting since april 6th

josterman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Whenever I call that number it always says there is no record of that money order on file. Says it on all four that the wife and I got for city and state.

I may just go to the post office and pay for one to be checked. We filed May 20th, also Ft Wayne.

That is what I am getting when I called.

malachi_s

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    North Central Indian
    I Called ISP today. I sent my application in April 14. Money order was cashed April 18. I called previosly a week or so ago and told me "they were swamped". Anyway, today they said it was mailed yesterday. I will confirm this when it is in my hands.

malachi_s

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    North Central Indian
    Well, I was told by the ISP that my license was mailed yesterday and it was, I received it this afternoon. I initially mailed in my application on April 14th. I was still carrying a valid license at the time. I followed up on my money order and found out it was cashed on the 19th of April. I waited about 4 weeks before I actually entertained the idea it would be processed. After about 8 weeks I began calling them. They gave me the idea it would take 11 - 12 weeks to get it done. Anyway, it arrived, be patient fellow INGO's. They are working on things,... however so slowly.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I am proud to say that after 14 weeks from getting fingerprinted and sending out my application and check, i have successfully bought back my right to bear arms. got my pink paper in the mail today.

JiNx0036

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Michigan City
    I just recieved my pink slip Saturday evening which surprised me. When I applied I opted for the L-1 option and waited 3 weeks before submitting my state fee and signing the final copy at my local police station. I had my prints taken at the beginning of June and went to my local police station on Wed. July 7th and received my license on Sat July 10th.

Anyone that thinking of getting your carry license, please opt for the L-1 option. You'll get your stuff more quickly and it's less of a hassel. I'm from LaPorte county by the way.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I just recieved my pink slip Saturday evening which surprised me. When I applied I opted for the L-1 option and waited 3 weeks before submitting my state fee and signing the final copy at my local police station. I had my prints taken at the beginning of June and went to my local police station on Wed. July 7th and received my license on Sat July 10th.

Anyone that thinking of getting your carry license, please opt for the L-1 option. You'll get your stuff more quickly and it's less of a hassel. I'm from LaPorte county by the way.

Sigh...

The ISP website really needs to stress L1 properly. The way they word it makes it sound like it MIGHT be a WEEK or two faster. For $10 more. I would have never been so cheap if I knew the wait was going to be months.

Oh well, cant do anything now.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip Anyone that thinking of getting your carry license, please opt for the L-1 option. You'll get your stuff more quickly and it's less of a hassel. I'm from LaPorte county by the way.

Unfortunately, L-1 isn't an option for all counties.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Congrats and be safe. I still feel a couple more gooses from State Representatives would help a lot.

I will be at 60 days soon, so I can finally start bugging people. My employer is a hopeful politician, so there are always political types in and out of the office. Im hoping I can talk to some of them face to face.

duck1985

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Indianapolis- Broad Ripple
    I just talked to the lady on the phone and she looked up my info and said I should try calling back next friday (July23). That is 14 weeks for me. I did everything on April 19. I don't know what these people are doing down there but I understand they are working hard. I tried calling for 3 hours yesterday and I kept getting a busy signal. I don't know know if they were on lunch but I find it a little weird that they have all this work and only a few people working on it. It is the state we are dealing with after all. Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:

Jimbovia

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Plainfield
    Just spoke with the lady at ISP (ISP Firearms Licensing Section 317-233-5054).

Based on ISP receiving paperwork on 4/30, and the "girls" are working on April's submisisons now, I was told If I didn't receive it by Friday to call back and check. Keeping my fingers crossed. I go on vacation in 2 weeks and would like to be legal.

R/
    Jim

Support the NRA, and the fight to keep our rights. I do!
    Join the NRA today at NRA Online Membership
    Main NRA Website NRAhttp://<a href="http://www.nra.org" target="_blank">http://www.nra.org</a>
    National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action NRA-ILA ::

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom