• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Old Greg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    I recently contacted the state police about this issue. It had been seven weeks when I called and the lady I spoke with said they were behind and issuing them at 8 to 8 1/2 weeks. That is just my experience.

krn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Downtown
    my m/o was cashed 2-19 and still waiting. i'm in fishers by the way. i figured that after my 2 week vacation to s. korea would end with a nice pink card in my wallet and my glock on my side. but i guess not.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    I applied for mine back at the end of January 2010, and as of today, I still have yet to receive it. I called the state, and talked with a lady that seemed rather helpful..... she advised that my paperwork was indeed there, but there was a backlog...... so we shall see!

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    I'm heading to the St. Joseph Co. jail today to fill out my app for lifetime. My 4 year expires in 10/25/10 so I'm 6 months away.....They better get mine back to me before my 4-year expires!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I'm heading to the St. Joseph Co. jail today to fill out my app for lifetime. My 4 year expires in 10/25/10 so I'm 6 months away.....They better get mine back to me before my 4-year expires!

Little tidbit in the law... since you are applying six months early, if there is a glitch of some sort and they don't get it back to you in time, when your LTCH expires you cannot carry until you get your new license.

If you apply within 30 days of the expiration date, you can carry until they get you your new one.

roxy_d

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    Got mine today!

I applied in Marion County on Jan. 21, the state cashed my money order on Feb 24th, my permit arrived on April 29th.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    Little tidbit in the law... since you are applying six months early, if there is a glitch of some sort and they don't get it back to you in time, when your LTCH expires you cannot carry until you get your new license.

If you apply within 30 days of the expiration date, you can carry until they get you your new one.

Good God, I hope that doesn't happen. I figured even if it takes 4 months I'll still get it in plenty of time before my current license expires. At the 3 month point if it isn't in my grubby hands, I'll be calling the ISP regularly. I can't imagine having my 'buddy' on my belt. My wife applied just over a month, so I hope hers gives me an idea on just how long it might take. Although hers is a fresh lifetime and mine is a renewal so it might be apples and oranges. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    My wife met with Carmel PD Chief on Feb 18th. Came in the mail 4/29. Postmarked 4/28. Issue date 4/27. 10 weeks exactly.

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Got my pink copy of the app in the mail today. That means the Lafayette PD forwarded the app onto ISP.

I DO NOT LIKE the wording of the letter included with it...

Police Letter said:
    I want to take this opporunity to point out to you the serious responsibility of carrying a handgun. The police of the Lafayette Police Department states in part that an officer may use deadly force only "when the suspect threatens the officer, or others with serious physical harm."

Our police officers undergo rigorous training and meticulous documentation of training to insure that they are fully trained in the use of firearms and deadly force.

Without the above training and guidelines, the use of deadly force carries a high probability of civil or criminal liability.

Your permit has been approved because you have a constitutional right to bear arms. Please use that right responsibly, keeping in mind the safety of the other citizens.

Ummm, really? Gee, thanks for "approving" my "permit."

License. LICENSE.

And... Does the Local PD even have a say in whether licenses get approved or not? I thought it was strictly an ISP decision.

That and WTF @ the attitude "we'll let you have the license because we have no choice, but we think you're going to screw up and kill people."

/sigh.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Got my pink copy of the app in the mail today. That means the Lafayette PD forwarded the app onto ISP.

I DO NOT LIKE the wording of the letter included with it...

Without the above training and guidelines, the use of deadly force carries a high probability of civil or criminal liability.
    Ummm, really? Gee, thanks for "approving" my "permit."

License. LICENSE.

And... Does the Local PD even have a say in whether licenses get approved or not? I thought it was strictly an ISP decision.

That and WTF @ the attitude "we'll let you have the license because we have no choice, but we think you're going to screw up and kill people."

/sigh.
    Uhm, the Indiana IC says that if you are justified in using deadly force, you are immune to prosecution...

So, not only do they not know it is a License, not a Permit, they don't know Indiana Criminal Codes on self defense?? :dunno:

dr632

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    Brown County
    I was amazed at the turn around time on my Indiana Lifetime.

I was on my second limited carry permit with about a month left, when I applied with the new online interface on Monday afternoon. I thought for sure I'd have a gap to deal with.

I opted for the electronic finger print option on checkout from the Indiana website and 1st thing the next morning at a designated place by I-65 & SR46 met the service that does the electronic finger prints. I immediately went to Brown Co. (where I live) to complete the final paperwork and everything was in the US mail at the Columbus Post office by 2pm on Tuesday.

My lifetime permit arrived at my home the following Monday ... so about 1 week.

I'm being 100% honest. The electronic fingerprints must streamline the process significantly.

:)

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    It would be nice if they would put on ISP's site that they are inadequate at processing the forms and that its faster to go through the private contractor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom