• Status
    Not open for further replies.

firstrock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    4-1-10 Applied online with Marion County
    4-2-10 Went to L1 and got fingerprinted, paid State fee
    4-7-10 Went to IMPD and was fingerprinted again, completed paperwork, paid local fee
    4-14-10 Received my LTCH in the mail!!!

L1 option is the way to go!!! :rockwoot:

Side Note: I had previously received a permit in the 90's but let it expire; I don't know if this sped things up or not.

John

ChaoticMunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    MSG2 - Lawrence, IN
    State cashed mine Feb. 24th, turned it into IMPD January 22ng. Still haven't received anything. Anyone have the number for ISP? The number they list on their website for Firearms Licensing just gives me a busy signal.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    LTCH SLOWDOWN

I called this past Tuesday to ask if my wife and I were in "The System" yet?

NOPE not yet, we mailed March 10, should have arrived by March 12.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is because a week or so ago there was a post about a LTCH slowdown due to the FBI needing to catch up with finger printing for the Census workers hired. The woman (no name asked or given) said she has no idea what I was referring to. So, what ever that post was referring too, apparently has no effect on our Indiana LTCH applications.

Just thought I would share.

Doug

Mvdxxx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    South Bend
    Just got mine today. Applied for background check mid January, Mailed to state February 6th, Money order cashed February Eleventh. So just over eight weeks after my money order was cashed. I wasn't even in the computer system until last Friday. Most annoying wait ever but hands down, 100% WORTH IT! :D:D:D

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    4-1-10 Applied online with Marion County
    4-2-10 Went to L1 and got fingerprinted, paid State fee
    4-7-10 Went to IMPD and was fingerprinted again, completed paperwork, paid local fee
    4-14-10 Received my LTCH in the mail!!!
    I should have gone the L1 route. I keep hearing success stories about that. The rest of us just sit here and wait. I'm at 5 1/2 weeks now.

tweekie1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    The L1 route is the way to go. Got mine in 2 weeks after online confirmation and trip to city county building.
    tweekie1

IUGrad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I finally received mine today! I mailed it in on February 4th. Money Order was cashed on February 16th, so we're looking at about a 9-week wait from M.O. cashing to receipt of the license.

I did find it funny that they include a note recommending laminating it. The thing wouldn't last a day if you didn't.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    This is an update to my duplicate,
    I sent in for my Duplicate and address change on March 23 and it arrived today April 19, so from my mailbox, back to my mailbox it took 28 days.
    Much quicker than I had expected!

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    From what I was told via email from a guy at the ISP, they had a temp quit so they're about a week behind. My 8 weeks is up on Wednesday, but he said it'll probably be an additional week.

I applied on Feb 18th so last Thursday was the end of my 8 weeks. I called ISP today and they told me they were processing applications that were filed on the 15th and 16th. They said if I don't get mine by next Friday to call back.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Mine expired on the 14th of April. I sent in my renewal in March 3rd.

Whats the law say on when ISP has to have them done by?

ChaoticMunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    MSG2 - Lawrence, IN
    I applied on Feb 18th so last Thursday was the end of my 8 weeks. I called ISP today and they told me they were processing applications that were filed on the 15th and 16th. They said if I don't get mine by next Friday to call back.

What was the number that you called? The one they have listed on their website under Firearms Licensing Division never works for me.

Glock19Dude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I only applied for the 4yr LTCH liscense. I got my approval letter in late jan/early feb and still have not recieved my permit. :scratch: I'm patiently waiting....but I'm running out of patience. :ugh: My friends in MI and AZ joke and say they bet they can take their classes and get their permits before I get mine. One friend in MI took his required class, sent in the paperwork and had his CCW permit within 1 1/2weeks.

civilwar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Scipio
    Mailed off the paperwork for my permit on 2/10 and recieved my LTCH today. So roughly 9 weeks, not bad of a wait, I figured I would not get it until the 1st week of May. :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom