12/22 - Pending ISP Approval
    1/21 - Status went approved on ISP website this afternoon

mattsonj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2016
    Battle Ground
    ISP page had a link to send an email inquiry. It had all of the information marked that they would need to check on the permit status. Within 20 minutes after sending the email I got a reply from them saying they just reviewed and approved it, and to expect it in the mail within 3 to 5 business days. Evidently there was some kind of holdup due to the fact I lived in WA state 15 years ago. Thanks for the suggestion that I check into it, or I'd probably still have a long wait ahead.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Mine just went "approved" this afternoon as well. Four weeks. Someone earlier asked if you'd get an e-mail notification. The answer seems to be no.

claybustr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    Wife, clean record, new lifetime.

12/12 - Application submitted/License fee paid
    12/17 - Electronic prints submitted
    12/18 - Local fees paid
    12/22 - Pending ISP Approval
    1/21 - Status went approved on ISP website this afternoon

Permit arrived in the mail this afternoon.

Fin.

BimM3rPwr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Since it is a constitutional right, I say $140 + 30 days wait is way too much and way too long.

As others have pointed out before, wait time has been substantially worse, even in the not too distant past.
    Some states have very extensive processes to obtain a permit and some don't even allow it so I'd say we're doing pretty well here in the Hoosier state.
    I will say however, I remember a few years back before I took an interest in carrying my roommate got his and it was something crazy like 9 days start to finish and he was carrying.

Topnotch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2016
    Clark
    I just think the process should be more consistent. My boss ,my buddy and another coworker and myself all applied within 3 days of each other and all have a clear history. Boss received his in the mail 20 days from start to finish, my buddy in 14 days, coworker approved today at the 30 day mark and myself well here i am waiting.

BimM3rPwr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Totally agree with that, doesn't seem to make sense. I wish I had a better idea of why that happens besides things like common names and application influx.
    You should be getting a response soon though it sounds like.

Ultrabozz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Lawrenceburg
    Remember that ISP is getting over 1000 applications a week and not all get approved. Any blip on their radar screen requires them to start digging deeper into the applicant before making a final decision and for example,if your last name starts with an "S" and you are behind the "S" applicant who has a blip on the radar requiring more "Digging" time...your application just got set back 10 days. All depends on how good the applications are that are ahead of you in your alphabetical file stack.

seagullplayer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Crawford Co
    I just think the process should be more consistent. My boss ,my buddy and another coworker and myself all applied within 3 days of each other and all have a clear history. Boss received his in the mail 20 days from start to finish, my buddy in 14 days, coworker approved today at the 30 day mark and myself well here i am waiting.

Government, when you get them involved its sure to cost too much, take too long and have no sense.

At least our DMV is not involved, every time we think we are about to get a license they would come up with a new paper that needs filled out... :):

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    I know that they get flooded with applications, but with in this digital world we live in, you would think it would be a lot easier and faster to process (at least the digital) applications. Although, I remember my first permit application that had to be typed and notarized, and paid for by money order and submitted with ink fingerprints.

I think that one took just over 3 months to receive, but that was 18 years ago, before cell phones even had color screens.
    motorola_startac.jpg
    With technology the way it is today, I would think that they would be able to significantly improve and streamline this process.

Twr11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2016
    McCordsvilles
    Finally.
    12/8 app submit
    12/9 finger print
    12/14 local submitted
    1/13 called local... was informed i was denied bc of app mistake.
    1/14 pending ISP
    1/21 sent letter of appeal with documentation
    1/26 emailed isp@isp.IN.gov asked about status.
    1/26 emailed returned by ISP stating they received letter waiting for local PD to reverse decision.
    1/26 called local; nothing received on their end.
    1/27 ISP approved
    Sheee Wee what a process
    What a

BimM3rPwr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I applied and everything else on 12-21-15 I looked today online and it said I was approved! I wander how long until it comes In the mail now?

Oh man, you joined too late! You're supposed to join the forum BEFORE you get approved so you can be disgruntled about the process for awhile before you get your permit! Haha

That being said, congrats! I would say like 9-13 days maybe?

Topnotch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2016
    Clark
    After a brief but surprisingly pleasant exchange of emails I finally reached an approval status. Seems I share the same name as a criminal guru lol. So something like 30 ish days from start to approval. Must say the response time from the department is quick and I almost mean instantaneous.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom