• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Momma1717

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    i was checking my status online and my order Id has a zero next to it, I checked my mothers and she has a order id number, does that mean she's been approved?

Last edited:

LodeStone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Beech Grove
    Can someone please explain what it is the local pd does in the application process? I was under the, perhaps erroneous, impression that they were basically just getting their "cut" and doing fingerprints if you didn't get them done electronically, then passing it on for the "important" things to be done by ISP. I'm asking because is has now been a week and a half and my app still says "waiting local approval". When I click on the little "?" it says "Applicant needs to visit their local law enforcement agency to pay the local fee and have the application transmitted to the Indiana State Police". Just seems like it is taking longer than it should, but I may just be impatient!

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    Can someone please explain what it is the local pd does in the application process? I was under the, perhaps erroneous, impression that they were basically just getting their "cut" and doing fingerprints if you didn't get them done electronically, then passing it on for the "important" things to be done by ISP. I'm asking because is has now been a week and a half and my app still says "waiting local approval". When I click on the little "?" it says "Applicant needs to visit their local law enforcement agency to pay the local fee and have the application transmitted to the Indiana State Police". Just seems like it is taking longer than it should, but I may just be impatient!

Have you visited your local pd? I am in Bedford and I had to make an appointment. Sat down with someone from the pd and they asked if I had any interaction with their department. Paid my fee and he gave me a list of websites about concealed carry and reciprocity. They then send it on to the state police. If you have done your local pd visit then you need to call them and see what is going on.

LodeStone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Beech Grove
    Have you visited your local pd? I am in Bedford and I had to make an appointment. Sat down with someone from the pd and they asked if I had any interaction with their department. Paid my fee and he gave me a list of websites about concealed carry and reciprocity. They then send it on to the state police. If you have done your local pd visit then you need to call them and see what is going on.

Yes, did fingerprints and paid local fee on Jan. 4.

claybustr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    Wife, clean record, new lifetime.

12/12 - Application submitted/License fee paid
    12/17 - Electronic prints submitted
    12/18 - Local fees paid
    12/22 - Pending ISP Approval
    tic...toc...

Still showing pending on website. I think the wait is killing me more than the wife lol.

Twr11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2016
    McCordsvilles
    So what happens if the local PD denies me bc of a mistake made on my app. Was told he would have approved me but I made a mistake on my app so now he cant approve me. I used mycase.in.gov to check my background history and no cases show up. My assumption was my PI misdemeanor fell off it has been 10 years ago. So I checked no. Honest mistake. I use this website to check all my employees background. I though it was a reliable source. I have documentation to prove nothing shows up. again honest mistake. I know they are gonna check my history so not trying to hide anything just went off the report. When I check it online it states waiting for ISP approval now..

Twr11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2016
    McCordsvilles
    So if I was denied locally from what the local police chief said bc of an application mistake. He told me he would have approved me but cant bc of the error. Will ISP look at the app mistake and possible approve? nothing but small misdemeanor for a PI that i did not list from 10 yrs ago. This is my second time i have renewed since then. Or do they just take his word for it?

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    So if I was denied locally from what the local police chief said bc of an application mistake. He told me he would have approved me but cant bc of the error. Will ISP look at the app mistake and possible approve? nothing but small misdemeanor for a PI that i did not list from 10 yrs ago. This is my second time i have renewed since then. Or do they just take his word for it?

You will likely be denied, but there is an appeals process. They've really cracked down on the application process, they want you to list everything on your application - misdemeanors, felonies, even juvenile convictions (even if the charges were dismissed or later dropped from what I've heard). The best thing that I can advise, is list everything possible - they know your entire record anyway so when in doubt, put it on the application. I opted for the lifetime this time around so I don't have to go through the renewal process every 4 years anymore.

Twr11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2016
    McCordsvilles
    so should I appeal if denied, it was an honest. Or just reapply if denied? If so definitely will go lifetime this time around..If denied am I even able to reapply..God I hope over an honest mistake..

egaunnac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2015
    Fishers
    First post *yay*

Applied 12/3/15
    Finger Printed 12/4/15
    Fees paid 12/4/15

Still pending local approval since it is the end of the business day.

Unfortunately, I am part of the "bad boy club"

1 Conviction : Theft; receiving stolen property - Class A Misdemeanor. Happened in 2007 in Marion County.

Due to clerical error, my charge was entered in the system wrong from 2007 to 2013 as Class D Felony - Unauthorized entry of a Motor Vehicle
    I found out about the clerical error in October of 2013, and had the original lawyer submit a request to fix the clerical error. Request was granted December of 2013, and now my record reflects just the Class A Misdemeanor for theft.

Hopefully I get approved.

EDIT 1:
    Pending ISP approval 12/11/15

EDIT 2:
    Approved 1/15/16

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    so should I appeal if denied, it was an honest. Or just reapply if denied? If so definitely will go lifetime this time around..If denied am I even able to reapply..God I hope over an honest mistake..

Yeah, just appeal if denied and you should be fine for an honest mistake. I don't think they would take it as intentionally attempting to withhold information for an old misdemeanor that would be very easy to slip your mind, but you never know. I'm not completely sure of the appeals process itself, but I had a friend in a similar situation a couple years ago and he was issued a license after the appeal (the process took a while longer though, about 3 months if I recall correctly).

If the appeal doesn't work (or maybe even before you appeal), you may want to consult an attorney that has experience in this area. I'm not really in any position to give legal advice, but I know the state has been cracking down big time on accuracy of the information provided in these applications and I wouldn't want to be the one to "be made an example of", if you know what I mean...

egaunnac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2015
    Fishers
    Did u mark yes or no on your charges on your app

I did mark that I had a misdemeanor. I noted it as being a misdemeanor for theft.
    I did not mention anything about the clerical error, but I am sure that they can see that.

No point in hiding anything, they see it all anyways.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom