Not open for further replies.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    last thursday, i called marion county building, a lady told me to fill out the app online and then come in with 75 bucks in a money order and 50 cash. I went then next day. told them my name they gave me a card to fill out (finger print card) while i did that, they printed my app, i gave both and mthe money to another lady who finger printed me and then sent me on my way.

Preacher715

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    French Lick, IN
    The quickest way to get processed is to do the L1 electronic fingerprinting... I'm not sure why someone would have to reprint each time they renew their permit. I had a 4yr and just got a lifetime... you would think i would just pay and they do a quick background check to make sure my status hasn't changed... it isn't that easy to get new fingerprints... lol... plus i am ex military so my prints are already in the system electronically...

the system needs refined more but they are slowly getting better...

I do have one last complaint... Lifetime permits/licenses need to be issued like your drivers license. It needs to be a solid piece of plastic or something you can have added to your drivers license... I made MULTIPLE color copies of my license when i got it in the mail... I laminated every copy... but it would be a lot nicer if they issued a plastic card... or let us get a stamp or etc on our driver's license... just my two cents...

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    The quickest way to get processed is to do the L1 electronic fingerprinting... I'm not sure why someone would have to reprint each time they renew their permit. I had a 4yr and just got a lifetime... you would think i would just pay and they do a quick background check to make sure my status hasn't changed... it isn't that easy to get new fingerprints... lol... plus i am ex military so my prints are already in the system electronically...

the system needs refined more but they are slowly getting better...

I do have one last complaint... Lifetime permits/licenses need to be issued like your drivers license. It needs to be a solid piece of plastic or something you can have added to your drivers license... I made MULTIPLE color copies of my license when i got it in the mail... I laminated every copy... but it would be a lot nicer if they issued a plastic card... or let us get a stamp or etc on our driver's license... just my two cents...

a coworker mentioned that the other day. He thinks there should be a little gun symbol on the corner of our lic, much like the Heart that is there for being a doner.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    You man, instead of L1 electronic prints, have your prints done on a fingerprint card at your LE office and pay local fees at the same time, then you will mail the application & fingerprints and the LE office will submit it electronically. ISP Firearms is discouraging the manual prints though, saying it can take 6 months to process.

I actually had the whole thing - application, fingerprint card and a pre-addressed envelope to send it all in. Unless the local PD did a background check on me between the time I applied online to when I went in and did my prints, the State Police is doing it. :dunno:

Sounds like an incredibly broken system, no matter how you slice it.

jeff1980

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Greenwood
    I'm just past the 6 week mark. My girlfriend did hers a week after me (both used L1 and have the same address) she had hers in under 4 weeks. I'm a little concerned. I should probably stop by the Post Office to make sure my money order was cashed.

cst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    LTCH

Applied for mine Christmas day-did the electronic fingerprinting.
    Mine only took 3 weeks

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    heck, mine might have taken a week or so tops, and i began the process before christmas and finished it out the week after, and sometime the following week i got mine in the mail. Did the L1 electronically myself.

Glock22-27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I called ISP 1/30, they said they did my background check that day to give it about 7 days.

Is there a number I can call? I have been waiting a few weeks now and I went the L1 route. I want to call just to make sure something didn't get mixed up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom