• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Went downtown to City-County today to get a new 4yr permit. There were 5 other people there filling out applications. The lady at the desk said that it should be done in 10 weeks. We'll see. I hope it's not that long.

:ugh::faint:

Indytechnerd......
    With a lifetime permit available why-oh-why settle for the 4 year?????
    With all due respect and I am happy that you are applying for a permit and I hope you put yourself among those of us who will write our congresscritters and keep the line on upcoming legislation.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    :ugh::faint:

Indytechnerd......
    With a lifetime permit available why-oh-why settle for the 4 year?????
    With all due respect and I am happy that you are applying for a permit and I hope you put yourself among those of us who will write our congresscritters and keep the line on upcoming legislation.

Simple, my wife and I are focusing on getting out of debt. I dropped $40 today instead of $125. 4yrs from now, we're debt free minus the house. Then, I'll pony up for the lifetime renewal.

I got my original permit in 1991, and let it lapse in 2003 because I didn't have a gun to carry (went broke and needed to buy food and such). Now that my kids are bigger, meaning I'm not carrying a kid who's digging their foot into my gun, which is then digging into my hip, I'm getting my permit again and getting a new carry gun. Hopefully, by the Indy 1500 in January, I'll have my paper.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    We both are counting on a hypothetical situation.
    A) You are hypothetically stating that $85 would keep you and your wife in debt longer than the next 4 years.
    B) I am hypothetically stating that during the obamanation that is the next 4 years IF in fact they (the administration) do NOT completely take away our right to carry they will have at least greatly limited the number and life span of legal permits.

I hope we both are wrong.

"I" for one will renew with a lifetime issue permit even if I have to borrow to do it.
    I can apply on or after March 19 2009. *fingers crossed*

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    A) You are hypothetically stating that $85 would keep you and your wife in debt longer than the next 4 years.
    No, I'm stating that this week, I have $40 to spend on a handgun permit. I will NOT borrow right now on anything.

Having said that, I didn't come here to get bashed for getting a 4yr instead of the lifetime. I appreciate your opinion, but this thread is about waits, so get off my ass.

winot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    38Special: So when did you mail off your package? Mailed ours Oct. 14th. 5wks 1day. I'm anxiously/patiently waiting and checking mail, each and everyday at this point.
    Thanks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Winot,

I mailed mine off Oct. 28th and was told by my local LEO's that it would be near a six week wait from what they have been hearing back from applicants. I am impatient about not receiving mine in the mail yet, but it is good to hear from other individuals on here that there is a backlog due to so many other people applying for their own permits.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    No, I'm stating that this week, I have $40 to spend on a handgun permit. I will NOT borrow right now on anything.

Having said that, I didn't come here to get bashed for getting a 4yr instead of the lifetime. I appreciate your opinion, but this thread is about waits, so get off my ass.

:chillpill:

I'm not on anybody's a$$.
    I simply stated that you may have screwed yourself out of a permit in the future. I also stated that I may be wrong. If you can't handle a discussion go home and don't play here any more!

winot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Hey maybe you guys could continue this more in the Lifetime permits discussion thread. I hate seeing this thread getting off topic, please guys this thread is supposed to be about wait times. There are plenty of other threads to discuss your views and opinions in.

Thanks

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I mailed my lifetime license app on Monday, Nov. 10 w/ a return receipt. The return receipt arrived on Thursday or Friday of that same week. I was at the Sheriff's office with 4 other people that day, which the receptionist said was unusual.

Anyway, Ill update when mine shows up.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    38Special: So when did you mail off your package? Mailed ours Oct. 14th. 5wks 1day. I'm anxiously/patiently waiting and checking mail, each and everyday at this point.
    Thanks

Mailed it off on the 7th of October. But we mailed my brother and dad at the same time and mine is the only one that has shown up so far.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Did you guys really mail it yourself? I live out of town limits and had to go to the Porter County Sheriffs Office, after the paperwork they printed me and gave me a copy of my stuff and said goodbye, I assume they mail it in from there. Nice people working in that office by the way. That was November 13th.

winot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Yes I just walked from sheriffs office over to post office to mail ours in.

The process for us was: Go to Sheriffs office, pay $50 cash/check for each person.
    Then finger printed and background check.

Left Sheriffs office with large envelope addressed to ISP, had to put in a $75 money order(for each of us). Then mailed from our post office.

Only thing in my possesion right now is pink copies of our applications, which the sheriff's office gave us.

Total cost for us was $250($125 for each person).

Hope this helps. I'd say if you haven't paid $125, you have missed a step somewhere. Maybe call where you went in to apply.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    No, I paid them and have the money order reciept and a pink copy of my application, the only thing was I think they mailed it for me, did you have to pay postage at the post office or was that on the envelope already?

winot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    paid $1 for each at post office. Sent as: first class large envelope.

Maybe they are nice and just mailed it for you and didn't worry about the postage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom