• Status
    Not open for further replies.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Looks like no LTCH for me for a while. I called to get status and they are sending it back to me. Johnson Co. Sheriff did not fill something out correctly or endorse it correctly or something. Looks like I need to plan on shotgun for deer this year, instead of the .44. Not real happy.

sunspot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2008
    Warsaw
    Five weeks, almost to the day, I was expecting more like 8. Maybe there catching up a little, or requests are down.

John:):

FattRed1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Pendleton
    How much was the lifetime permit? I expire next month and I'm almost certain I'm just gonna fork over the cash for the lifetime permit.

What is the legal difference between a CCW and a LTCH?

Yeah, what he said.

"ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    How much was the lifetime permit? I expire next month and I'm almost certain I'm just gonna fork over the cash for the lifetime permit.

What is the legal difference between a CCW and a LTCH?

Yeah, what he said.

well i was a first timer and hadn't had a permit before. it was $50 for the paperwork, and $75 for the license for the lifetime

townmarshal

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    indy
    I do permit apps for my jurisdiction and am familiar with one of the processors at the State Police firearms app. section. Depending on # of apps, who's on vacation, etc., the time for processing can vary widely. The average for the apps I take in my town averages about 4 weeks.

StarbaseSSD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Clarksville IN
    5 weeks, 3 days, from mailing in to receiving back, Not as fast as I hoped, but faster than I expected.
    It's a shame they don't have an expidite process like for passports...

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Finally called ISP Firearms back. They have been waiting 5 weeks to get the refund check from State of Indiana. The woman I talked to said she would just notate my account and send it back without the refund. Then issue when it gets back. They forgot to sign the back of the form. Atleast I do not have to wait through the queue again when it goes back. I am vested as a proper person.

winot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Well it's been 4 weeks now. I was curious if anyone who applied in October had gotten their permit yet? Also is there anyone out there who applied in September, that is still waiting? Thanks. Hope to get ours soon.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Those who applied for their Indiana License may have to wait longer this time because of the increased number of applications received since the "election".

Alicia

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    NW IN
    Those who applied for their Indiana License may have to wait longer this time because of the increased number of applications received since the "election".

I went in and applied today and there was somebody else in there as well. Don't know if it was necessarily because of the election or not, but it was funny. I live in a pretty small town, I didn't really expect to see anybody in there at the exact same time.

Rev19:11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well it's been 4 weeks now. I was curious if anyone who applied in October had gotten their permit yet? Also is there anyone out there who applied in September, that is still waiting? Thanks. Hope to get ours soon.

I also applied about 4 weeks ago, Winot. I called the ISP Firearms division two days ago (Wed. Nov 12th) and they said to call back in a week or two due to processing normally taking around 5 or 6 weeks. I'm hoping against hope that I don't see a 10 week turnaround time as per the 'kind' lady behind the desk at the City County Building.
    I'll call again in a week and hopefully it my app will have been processed and en route.

Last edited:

winot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Yeah Rev. I called Friday October 7th. She said they were still around 5-6 weeks turn around. But said since it had only been around 3 weeks, it wasn't in her office yet. And was told I could check back in 2 weeks. I figure I'll call next Fri. Oct.21st. It will be 5 weeks since they cashed money order then.

I'm sure there has been an increase since the election, I was trying to get ahead of the rush if things went the way they did. I hope it worked. I know they will probably take a little longer now.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Went downtown to City-County today to get a new 4yr permit. There were 5 other people there filling out applications. The lady at the desk said that it should be done in 10 weeks. We'll see. I hope it's not that long.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom