Henry County
    facepalmhomer.jpg

Gordy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Newton Co.
    Got a call on it about 30 minutes ago. Very disturbing. From what I hear, no one was hurt or killed. That will make the papers in a very negative way, especially since there were two gun control conferences about two week ago. One was in Gary and the other Chicago. They said they were going to have a large presence of officers at the CP gun show. From what I hear, the guy handed the officer checking the firearms a loaded gun. Officer dropped the loaded mag, pulled the trigger, and boom. The guy was asked to leave and not return. I don't know the facts, just reporting the rumor.

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    Got a call on it about 30 minutes ago. Very disturbing. From what I hear, no one was hurt or killed. That will make the papers in a very negative way, especially since there were two gun control conferences about two week ago. One was in Gary and the other Chicago. They said they were going to have a large presence of officers at the CP gun show. From what I hear, the guy handed the officer checking the firearms a loaded gun. Officer dropped the loaded mag, pulled the trigger, and boom. The guy was asked to leave and not return. I don't know the facts, just reporting the rumor.

I was standing 5 feet away, that's what happened.

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    No one was hurt, but it sure tightened some butt holes. I saw the guy (gun owner) standing outside a little while later talking to some people from the show.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

OK, I admit that I go to a gun show about once every 5 years. Last show I attended was the Indy 1500 and that was 3 or 4 years ago and I went in unarmed. Before that show I attended a show in Merrillville, I was armed. The officer at the door asked me to disarm, I pulled my weapon, dropped my magazines and racked my slide as per his instructions. But that is what he told me to do.

But, based on the description of what happened at the Crown Point show, a guy comes to the door, the officer asks for his gun. The officer drops the magazine. The officer pulls the trigger and discharges the bullet in the chamber.

How is that the gun owner's fault??? The officer knew the gun was loaded, so why did he pull the trigger? Should he not have racked the slide to eject the round from the chamber?!?

If the officer asked for a loaded gun then how is it the fault of the gun owner? :dunno:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My Dad and I were in the west wing when it happened.
    We didn't hear any yelling or screaming, so we assumed no one was hurt, made a comment about that being bad news, and moved on.

I figure both parties are partially at fault.
    I don't hand over loaded weapons. Any weapon I'm bringing in to buy something for, I unload at the house. No comment on any other weap.
    But, not everyone follows that rule I guess.

And when checking, I make sure I don't pull the trigger.
    I am glad no one was hurt.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :popcorn:
    Wonder what the newspaper will say tomorrow.
    Wonder if this was not a setup by said guy and cops since the lake countu board told the to f** themselves and the gun shows would continue
    Wonder if the leo will be punished for what he did

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Probably, the Sheriff's mind wandered. He's checking hundreds of weapons. Everyone around him is talking.
    Maybe he doesn't pay attention for just a second.
    Instead of racking back, he pulls trigger.
    At least it was pointed in a safe direction.
    Maybe they should get him a sand barrel though. Hard to find a safe direction there.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Probably, the Sheriff's mind wandered. He's checking hundreds of weapons. Everyone around him is talking.
    Maybe he doesn't pay attention for just a second.
    Instead of racking back, he pulls trigger.
    At least it was pointed in a safe direction.
    Maybe they should get him a sand barrel though. Hard to find a safe direction there.

Still, I have to wonder why the customer of the gun show was asked to leave when he complied with the wishes of the officer and handed him a loaded gun, as he was apparently directed to do???

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Still, I have to wonder why the customer of the gun show was asked to leave when he complied with the wishes of the officer and handed him a loaded gun, as he was apparently directed to do???

He is/was a plant paid to go and do this so the press can get negative news out. :whistle:

Top Bottom