• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I should have distinguished. I'd just been trying to wedge some telephone/internet/cable TV tech knowledge into my mom's brain, so I was a little dizzy.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Or, don't accept a credit card with RFID

Soon to be impossible - by federal law, if I'm not mistaken. I just got my shiny, new replacement debit card from my bank, with chip, to comply with that law. Nothing wrong with my old card, other than that it didn't have a chip.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Soon to be impossible - by federal law, if I'm not mistaken. I just got my shiny, new replacement debit card from my bank, with chip, to comply with that law. Nothing wrong with my old card, other than that it didn't have a chip.

RFID and Chip are different. Federal law will require chip; it will not require RFID.

What Doug said.
    I have no problem with the chip and enhanced security.
    I'm the guy that thanks a cashier that checks his picture ID to make sure he is the person on the CC.
    I do NOT want the RFID, which is different than the chip.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Sometimes, someone tries to "help" you, whether you like it or not.
    I didn't ask for RFID. But they were doing it to save me the "trouble" of swiping. I mean, How Much Trouble Is That?
    Or some store that kept trying to push their card on me. It save me money. Why don't I get it? Cause I DON'T WANT IT. Ugh.
    Improved tech on the card to prevent info being stolen. GOOD.
    But I don't want RFID.

I hear ya', Act. Every couple of years I have to fend off my bank from 'doing me a favor' and providing me a debit card in place of my ATM (the machine, not the INGO alum) access card. I don't and will never want a debit card, I just pay all my card balances in total at month's end. No one has a direct connection to my real money so if they steal they steal Visa's money or Mcards not mine. And then the rat bastards charge me $10 annually for the ATM access only card. I guess they're just not making enough money on me elsewhere

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    What Doug said.
    I have no problem with the chip and enhanced security.
    I'm the guy that thanks a cashier that checks his picture ID to make sure he is the person on the CC.
    I do NOT want the RFID, which is different than the chip.

Sorry, I was reading two different things up-thread, and didn't differentiate. I have no problem with the chip, but would not want RFID, and would probably not use my phone to conduct a CC transaction, either.

I'm also the guy who writes "See ID" next to my signature on my card - and who also thanks the cashier for seeing it, and then asking for ID.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't sign them (why give someone who might physically steal the card an exemplar of my signature). I print 'ask for photo ID' in that block

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    There's a reason that the elites want to ban cash, and it's not because they are tired of you making things inconvenient for yourself.

Top Bottom