CraZy sTorIez FrOm THe ER: Who is "The Man" now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    And in the E.R. I work in, we see stupid GSW's. One guy shot his friend when he picked up his coat with his pistol in it (no holster). But usually it is people not clearing the chamber and pulling the trigger when taking down the weapon for cleaning.
    Police: Teen Shoots Self in Groin, Blames Ninjas | Indiana's NewsCenter: News, Sports, Weather, Fort Wayne WPTA-TV, WISE-TV, and CW | Top News
    Teen Shoots Himself in Groin, Blames Ninjas | KSEE 24 News - Central Valley's News Station: Fresno-Visalia - News, Sports, Weather | Local News

March 18th, one week ago in the location nearest your descriptive locale. Nice try though.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    This happened in Indy? My office investigates every GSW in the county, including self inflicted, and I don't recall a crotch shot any time recently.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort

DUHH - Don't think you read the news report - The teen that shot himself in the groin - Happened (stated in the report) in CHICAGO!
    Don't think the OP has anything to worry about as far as giving out privileged information!!

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Guys, stop going off topic, we are suppose to be talking about the HIPAA violation here, who cares about the crotch shot.

SilveradoII

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    OP thanks for sharing. If you're going to post on here you need to develop a very thick skin. A large percentage of the members here are self-proclaimed lawyers, LEOs or cognitive know-it-alls. There are a few nice and intelligent people though who can read a posting without turning into an idiot. It's the nature of the beast.

I thought these responses you are referring too was by design to drive the Noob's away. :)

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    Not Borderline HIPPA. Stop with the HIPPA bs. No names. No identity.

It's just a story and a good one Aaron. Thanks for posting it. I enjoy your stories about real life from the ER.

Another AssHat out there posing as a Gansta wantabe. We can only hope he serves as an example to people around him of what can happen if you don't respect your firearm.

BrianJacobsen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Carthage
    That's hilarious! I used to be a Chef/restaurant manager in Chicago and a lot of the back of the house guys were bangers who carried the exact same way. I always wanted to start a 'you'll shoot your junk off' pool.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I had one a couple years back did the same thing. Holsterless carry in the front of his pants, blew the business end of the young man clean off. Best/worst part was he waited about 12 hours to come in. Suprapubic and eunuch'd.

Had another who ultimately offed himself with a .25acp Beretta to the liver. Apparently attempting to draw from a shirt pocket.

I left ER almost 3 years ago, sometimes I miss those cases.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    OMGeeez HIPPO!!!

Ugh. If I had a dollar for every time I've been threatened with a HIPAA lawsuit by some ignorant yahoo with no idea what HIPAA even stands for, let alone what the bill contains.

Nothing about this is even remotely close to a HIPAA violation. Sorry to pile on, but I couldn't help myself.

Top Bottom