CraZy sTorIez FrOm THe ER: Who is "The Man" now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    That's pretty awesome. Way to edit the OP.

The OP was edited for grammar reasons. I'm a Nazi for making my meaning clear. I can't remember if I orginally had "some time ago" in it or not. It was at least in the first draft, removed because it was unecessary. Even if it was in "some time ago" can mean 2 seconds ago, or 20 years.

Unless you're talking about the original comeback. I edited it cuz I try to keep things clean.

Not sure if you're being a prick or good natured in your response.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    No hippa violation here. No patient identity has been revealed.

If the person or a friend found the post and recognized who it was that was being talked about, and brought it to the attention of the hospital, I'm guessing OP would be fired instantly. The goal is to avoid the appearance of impropriety, especially on something like that. Not saying I agree with it, but I've seen it happen before.

Best advice is to change a story a bit and quote "a friend" who had that happen in another city. Companies can fire for any reason here. Whether or not any law or regulation is broken is irrelevant. Posting about a patient and making fun of them probably isn't a good idea though. I'm sure OP did all of that and he's being bashed for no reason though :)

Last edited:

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If the person or a friend found the post and recognized who it was that was being talked about, and brought it to the attention of the hospital, I'm guessing OP would be fired instantly. The goal is to avoid the appearance of impropriety, especially on something like that. Not saying I agree with it, but I've seen it happen before.

Best advice is to change a story a bit and quote "a friend" who had that happen in another city. Companies can fire for any reason here. Whether or not any law or regulation is broken is irrelevant. Posting about a patient and making fun of them probably isn't a good idea though. I'm sure OP did all of that and he's being bashed for no reason though :)

We get yearly training about what we can and can't post about hospital stories on social media via HIPAA and corporate policy, and I followed the directions to the letter.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We get yearly training about what we can and can't post about hospital stories on social media via HIPAA and corporate policy, and I followed the directions to the letter.

we do too, but telling that to a family screaming at an administrator probably will lead to a change in the policy after they make an example out of you. Telling the family that the letter of the policy was followed may not be enough.

Don't get me wrong, I love sharing stories of the crap we see. Just hate to see bad things happen to good people for laughing at the bad things bad people do :)

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    we do too, but telling that to a family screaming at an administrator probably will lead to a change in the policy after they make an example out of you. Telling the family that the letter of the policy was followed may not be enough.

Don't get me wrong, I love sharing stories of the crap we see. Just hate to see bad things happen to good people for laughing at the bad things bad people do :)

Point taken. But considering how long ago this happened, the fact that this is INGO, not facebook, the relationship I have with my superiors, how many cases have looked like this in the past several years, and that co-workers of mine haven't been fired for doing much worse. I'm really not worried about it. ;)
    It's hard to fire someone at my company for doing what you told them to do. We have a hard time getting rid of the incompetent employees, let alone the ones who do what they're supposed to.

Top Bottom