• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Odd, I have ben in the Terre Haute CB open carrying and never had trouble.

I tend to carry concealed 99% of the time but that day I was coming back from the range.
    No one said a word to me, they seated me and I ate and paid and left and I sure don't look like a LEO. :)

INGunOwners - View Profile: warthog

I wasn't carrying THAT gun though... it was a .357 mag SP-101 on my hip.

Maybe they thought if they leave you alone, you won't eat them

dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    You dont want people complaining about your right to oc....then why do you complain about their rights to have you not oc in front of their customers. sounds like your being childish to me.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Don't like it? Don't go there.

Simple as that... Last I checked they have no legal obligation to serve anybody but they do so to make money. If they could still make money without serving anybody at all I'm sure they would go for it.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Hold on. The First Amendment also protects pre-existing Natural rights and makes them Constitutional rights as well, correct?...

Well, not exactly. The first amendment places limits on government action, not the action of private enterprise.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.​

So Congress can't make a law saying it's illegal to loudly bash 1/4 pounders in the dining room of McDonald's. That doesn't mean McDonald's has to allow you to do it.

rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Just because a particular manager does not enforce the policy does not make it OK in my book. Just the fact they have a Corporate Policy specifically against it is enough since you run the risk that it can be enforced arbitrarily.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Well, not exactly. The first amendment places limits on government action, not the action of private enterprise.
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.​
    So Congress can't make a law saying it's illegal to loudly bash 1/4 pounders in the dining room of McDonald's. That doesn't mean McDonald's has to allow you to do it.
    You are agreeing with Bill, whether you know it or not. You're just making the same point he made...

Bill wasn't exactly being 100% serious and was being a bit facetious when making his point for the fact of making the point.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    No stop eating there because their food will kill you!

I always have to laugh at how a perfectly good restaurant's food suddenly turns inedible once we find out they don't allow firearms.

I also have to laugh at how people hate when they believe their own rights are being violated but then complain when a private company excercises its own.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    HH I am glad you brought that up because I was going to. I was there for the lunch at Tilted Kilt. It didn't matter what we were wearing, a large group of people from another website got together after the Rally Downtown to have lunch, we planned ahead and one of our group CALLED TK a day or so before hand to let them know what was going on. They knew we were coming in and they were just fine with it.

we had men and women there. Some in jeans, some in dress slacks.. a wide variety of people.

So EVGunner... just because someone is carrying a long gun does not mean they are looking for trouble. For our group it was bring the long guns or go home because not a one of us wanted to leave it in the vehicle in downtown Indy while we ate. We planned ahead and were welcomed with open arms.

While I agree that someone carrying a long gun is not looking for trouble, I am having a hard time with the comparison between Tilted Kilt and CB. You're going to have a more difficult time making the regular patrons of a Tilted Kilt uncomfortable at any given time than you will a CB full of blue haired grandparents and their families. :twocents:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I always have to laugh at how a perfectly good restaurant's food suddenly turns inedible once we find out they don't allow firearms.

I also have to laugh at how people hate when they believe their own rights are being violated but then complain when a private company excercises its own.

I don't have a problem with them exercising their property rights.
    And I have a right to not spend my money there, vote with my dollar.
    And I have a right to let people know my reason.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Who would want to frequent an establishment that fires gay employees just because they are gay. Now before everyone jumps on me, let me explain, I am all for businesses hiring and firing who they want to, and also serving who they want to. I dont think that the government has any business telling a business owner who they can and cant hire and fire or who they will or wont serve based upon skin color, handicap, etc... BUT, I wont spend my hard earned money at an establishment that fires gay employees because they are gay, or wont serve someone because they are black or a woman.

Gunner

I agree completely with this^^. I believe in free association. If you aren't free to be racist or sexist or whatever-ist, then you're not free.

Do as you wish, let the your values be weighed in the free market. People with either support you or desert you, and it will all work out-- no need for gov't involvement at all.

Zachary8328

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Good thing Cracker Barrel doesn't have good food anyway cause now I definitely won't visit them knowing that.

jfryan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    Schererville
    The policy regarding gays was from a memo published by the owner/founder in January of 1991. According to the article after his death in 2012:

In March 1991, Mr. Evins apologized and said the policy had been rescinded. But New York and its allies fought until 58 percent of the shareholders in 2002 persuaded Cracker Barrel’s board to vote unanimously to explicitly forbid antigay discrimination in its equal employment policy.

It seems the people spoke & he had no choice but to listen:

Protests erupted at restaurants in dozens of cities and towns; boycotts were organized; and shareholders complained.

So it was rescinded 2 months after it was issued & hasn't been in effect since.

SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    This might have been said already, I didnt read every single post, but don't most Cracker Barrels have a rifle (inoperable or operable I do not know) over the fireplace in the dining room? Seems slightly hypocritical to me. I do however support their private property rights, I'll just get my delicious breakfast somewhere else I guess. Its just like I choose to eat wings and watch sports at places other than Buffalo Wild Wings.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Cracker Barrel is not fit to eat anyway. Stay out of the place. Everything they have is out of a can or a boil in bag and then smothered in salt and drenched in grease. Dogs won't even eat there.

Top Bottom