• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Some places don't like guns. It's their prerogative. Why the buthhurt? Don't go there if you do not agree. If you cannot seem to shake the butthurt, file this complaint...it'll help.

butthurt.jpg

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    An old friend of mine (now deceased) was one of the original investors in the first Cracker Barrel. I knew he was loaded before learning that information. If I recall correctly his original investment in the first restaurant netted him about 100 million when he sold out. I can guarantee the original investors and management are turning over in their graves with this kind of crap. Same as Sam Walton. Its too bad that so many successful businesses feel they have to avoid controversial issues and bad publicity. What I don't think they realize is that there are 2 sides to every issue. CB will probably lose some customers over this. But they sure won't gain any. Since Billy is no longer an investor I won't eat there, unless my wife wants to. She loves the food there. We don't eat there that often as a couple any way.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I like the idea of a phone app that lists 2A friendly and 2A non-friendly businesses. If you gave gun owners a portable, updated black list... it would make our voices echo much louder.

You mean like this:

"Posted! - Carry List Anti-Gun Locations" at Apple app store?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I would not spend money at a restaurant that disrespects the US Constitution. On the other hand, neither would I assume that all Cracker Barrel restaurants have the same anti-American policy.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    So 20ish people show up looking like Backwoods Bubba half of them carrying long guns..and cracker barrel is evil for thinking that might make some other patrons uncomfortable and wanting to best serve the majority of their customers. Yeah...they're evil.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So 20ish people show up looking like Backwoods Bubba half of them carrying long guns..and cracker barrel is evil for thinking that might make some other patrons uncomfortable and wanting to best serve the majority of their customers. Yeah...they're evil.

Careful. From what I've learned here, people wearing camo and combat boots with long guns are the best, most reasonable face we can put on the gun-owning public.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Careful. From what I've learned here, people wearing camo and combat boots with long guns are the best, most reasonable face we can put on the gun-owning public.

So I guess that all those individuals that went to the Tilted Kilt in Indy after the rally a few weeks ago and were met with open arms (pardon the pun) were damaging our cause.

Granted all I saw was a few pictures and I can't recall if there were any people wearing camo and combat boots, but it didn't seem to me that people were freaking out about it, long guns and all.

Stop villianizing 2A supporters for doing so in their own way. So long as they're safe and legal, we should be praising them. Long guns should be common place instead of treated like some scandalous prohibited item.

BTW, I've never been kicked out of a Cracker Barrel for OCing.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It has everything to do with your rights. It has to do with weather that Company, Organization, Manager, etc. respects peoples rights. By making people aware of their decision not to honor and respect peoples constitutional rights, we speak with our wallets, our calls and by educating others to the issue.

We are Americans and we cannot be proponents of our rights while at the same time hiding behind a business claiming well "NOT HERE" your rights are null and void.

A corporate policy such as that reflects the decision of the Management, Officers, Directors and Shareholders. As such they are making a Statement against protection and recognition of our Rights.

CB is already under a consent decree for racial discrimination, Now the 2A issues, what next?

Hold on. The First Amendment also protects pre-existing Natural rights and makes them Constitutional rights as well, correct? So you should be able to go to McDonald's dining room and loudly praise Burger King's products to any who wish to listen and McDonald's can do nothing about it, because you're exercising your First Amendment rights. Go try that, see how far it gets you. (Hint: You have the rights to exercise, but they have the property rights to say that you cannot exercise them *there*.... and you then have the right to choose which businesses you patronize or do not patronize.)

They did respect their private property and left. I will respect their policy and choose not to frequent their business. They made a choice and so do I.

I just make it a point to not do business with anyone or business that does not support our Rights.

Absolutely, great idea. Make sure you inform CB corporate office of why their business has lost you as a customer. I recommend doing so politely and civilly, but how you write your letter or how you present yourself verbally is your business. Please do keep in mind, though, that if you present yourself as a rectal orifice, that's the image they're going to have of all of us, right or wrong. (ETA: The last of that is not directed at rsklar personally. No insult was intended.)

it.s VERY easy NO GUNS = NO CASH ! will tell all to spend elsewhere . support your 2A supporters spend your money in those places .:patriot:

Can we get an order going for business-cards by INGUNO that have this message on them? Visit once, buy their service / goods., drop a card and never go back. I think it is a powerful tool.

No order needed. I made the file available in this thread:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/160720-no_gun_no_cards.html

Feel free to print as many as you like.

Blessings,
    Bill

MTubbs1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Is this a franchisee's decision.

I have open carried at a Cracker Barrel in Kentucky and did not even draw a look. Only attention I got was oatmeal and eggs.:D

I don't really like CB but when I get roped into going to CB in Kokomo I always OC and have never had an issue. :dunno:

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Strange...

It seems CB of Hammond is listed as a business that serves folks who have open carried in there in the past. I know from personal experience they never said a word to me. Same as CB Merrilville, have OC'ed in there numerous times without issue.

Maybe when a large group showing up with long guns present seems like a mob or a group protesting something the manager wished to be no part of. Maybe someone should have called ahead and lined something up.

"Goodmorning, this is Ashley at Cracker Barrel. How can I help you?"

"Hi, I'm Leroy and I'd like to reserve a table for 30. Most likely around 10:30 for breakfast."

"Sure! Not a problem sir. We don't have booth capacity for that so pushing some tables will be alright then??"

"Ab-so-lutely dear. Maybe near a window?"

"Sure can sir... wont be a problem. Smoking or non?"

"Non smoking should be sufficient. Also we may need to hang a few rifles over the fireplace so we may need to use your gun rack. And no chairs with arm rests since some of the lads will be hostered."

"You bet...sure, no problem. So next is the part where you ask if ny refrigerator is running or if my pop is in the cooler? Maybe I could page 'Amanda Huggunkis' for you?"

Alright. Maybe it wouldn't go as smooth as all that but im guessing had those fellas ALL been strapped with handguns that might have flown even but with a group that size carrying long guns maybe somebody should have though just a little bit ahead...? Maybe?

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Really? That will actually keep me from going there more than their 2A stance.

Yea they did that in the 90's sometime. Not really sure when anymore, but ever since that happened, I refuse to give them a single penny of my money. As I said, I am all for businesses hiring and firing who they want, as that is their own prerogative but I dont agree with it and I wont give them my money.

Gunner

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have carried in them many times without any issues. Didn't the video say there were 75 people with half of them carrying rifles slung over their backs? So because they didn't think 35+ people with rifles over their backs would be a good idea in their restaurant, I should stop going there for my chicken liver dinner?

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I find it ironic that CB's corporate policy is anti-firearm, yet part of the store's "country decor" is to have a replica of a long rifle mounted over the fireplace mantle. Mixed message here???

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Who would want to frequent an establishment that fires gay employees just because they are gay. Now before everyone jumps on me, let me explain, I am all for businesses hiring and firing who they want to, and also serving who they want to. I dont think that the government has any business telling a business owner who they can and cant hire and fire or who they will or wont serve based upon skin color, handicap, etc... BUT, I wont spend my hard earned money at an establishment that fires gay employees because they are gay, or wont serve someone because they are black or a woman.

Gunner

I agree! How about this Washington just leave us the F alone.

Top Bottom