• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    While I agree that someone carrying a long gun is not looking for trouble, I am having a hard time with the comparison between Tilted Kilt and CB. You're going to have a more difficult time making the regular patrons of a Tilted Kilt uncomfortable at any given time than you will a CB full of blue haired grandparents and their families. :twocents:
    the comparison is this

2A rally...

large groups of people carrying many types of guns

1 group called ahead and with a bit of sweet talking the manager said "yeah as long as everything is legal (she had no clue, just assumed our contact knew what he was talking about) come on in"

1 group did not call in and took the establishment by surprise along with customers and were asked to leave

that was the comparison, it was a weekday for us, lunch time and had all walks of life in there, a lot of the same people I would see eating at Cracker Barrel. You do know that children and families dine at Tilted Kilt in Indianapolis right?

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    I like the idea of a phone app that lists 2A friendly and 2A non-friendly businesses. If you gave gun owners a portable, updated black list... it would make our voices echo much louder.

App for Android is called "Posted!" and lists all unfriendly gun businesses. If you find one that's not in the database you can add it for everyone. Nice app, and I use it all the time when I travel.

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    App for Android is called "Posted!" and lists all unfriendly gun businesses. If you find one that's not in the database you can add it for everyone. Nice app, and I use it all the time when I travel.

Looked for it, couldn't find it ..... is it possibly called something else ???

Sorry, found it, I'm just dyslexic today :D

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've been carrying concealed for over 29 years.

I just carry, keep my mouth shut about it, and have never had a problem.

EVEN Cracker Barrel a FEW times over the years.
    (never been impressed with their food)

Last edited:

Mos Eisley

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I've been carry concealed for over 29 years.

I just carry, keep my mouth shut about it, and have never had a problem.

EVEN Cracker Barrel a FEW times over the years.
    (never been impressed with their food)

Same here, but for a little over 20 years. I'm taking the wife to Cracker Barrel today, we like the food and atmosphere, she really likes the country store.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    the comparison is this

2A rally...

large groups of people carrying many types of guns

1 group called ahead and with a bit of sweet talking the manager said "yeah as long as everything is legal (she had no clue, just assumed our contact knew what he was talking about) come on in"

1 group did not call in and took the establishment by surprise along with customers and were asked to leave

that was the comparison, it was a weekday for us, lunch time and had all walks of life in there, a lot of the same people I would see eating at Cracker Barrel. You do know that children and families dine at Tilted Kilt in Indianapolis right?

Yes, I do.....and having eaten at both, I disagree with your assertion of similar patrons.......guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Good on you for calling ahead, however.

scottm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Hobart
    Always thought all thier food tasted and looks like semi-warm Elmers paste anyway, now I have another reasion not to go there.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I always have liked CB. I've always CC'ed there and even seen a guy OC'ing a revolver and didn't get any hassle. I wonder if each store can make their own policies about carrying. You would think with a "country feel" guns would be accepted.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I always have liked CB. I've always CC'ed there and even seen a guy OC'ing a revolver and didn't get any hassle. I wonder if each store can make their own policies about carrying. You would think with a "country feel" guns would be accepted.
    I know I have and my husband has OC'd while dining at CB. Never had any issues :dunno:

junior438

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    redkey
    i havent been to a cb in many years, but seems to me to be a no brainer, is there any signs that say no firearms? i dont remember seeing any...so feel free to carry. but then again im the kind of person who if i know a place dosent like it. the i cc, that way we both win. they dont see it, and dont make it a point to flash it around and try to stir up any kind of trouble, and i get to carry.

jmancobra

Plinker
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    kokomo
    All this talk about cracker barrel is making we want their french toast and breakfast casserole really bad right now. Looks like ill be iwb'ing on it to the country store

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Personally I believe they were soliciting a response from CB. Carrying a long gun into the restaurant? PLEASE! They got what they were looking for.

I gotta agree, EG. Carrying a long gun in to ANY diner / restaurant, while it may be legal somewhere, is nonetheless POOR gun etiquette.

I have been to a couple CB's in NWI (AFAIK, there IS only a couple CB's in NWI, LOL) and have never had an issue, never been asked to leave, never had even so much as a 'sideways glance' from anyone, Manager, Employee, or Patron.

Cracker Barrel is NOT 'anti-2nd Amendment' NOR 'Anti-carrying'. Have a copy of an e-mail from a CB Guest Relations Representative that so states it.

Of course, I'm NOT 'confrontational' about it. I don't try to shove my rights down others throats, I'm simply have them. :patriot:

edeekeos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    I agree with most of you.

IMO the people in the video were very unorganized, strutting around, and being cocky. Why in the world would you OC a damn rifle into a public restaurant anyhow. This was not a smart move by anyone in the video. I feel no sympathy, I will continue to visit there, and eat their wonderful food.

FWIW I have OC'ed MANY times here in Lafayette with absolutely zero negative feedback from anyone.

Chuck26287

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Anderson, IN
    It has everything to do with your rights. It has to do with weather that Company, Organization, Manager, etc. respects peoples rights. By making people aware of their decision not to honor and respect peoples constitutional rights, we speak with our wallets, our calls and by educating others to the issue.

We are Americans and we cannot be proponents of our rights while at the same time hiding behind a business claiming well "NOT HERE" your rights are null and void.

A corporate policy such as that reflects the decision of the Management, Officers, Directors and Shareholders. As such they are making a Statement against protection and recognition of our Rights.

CB is already under a consent decree for racial discrimination, Now the 2A issues, what next?

Cracker Barrel is private property. Just like your home. Just like my home. You are not provided a RIGHT to go on Cracker Barrel property, you are granted the PRIVILEGE to be there, so long as the private owner or their representative grants it. Just like me visiting your home, or you visiting mine. You have the PRIVILEGE of being at CB, but CB has the RIGHT to deny you the PRIVILEGE of being there. Period. If you behave rudely, they have the RIGHT to ask you to leave or have you removed. You do NOT have the RIGHT to be rude on their private property. If you smoke when they say you can't, they have the RIGHT to ask you to leave or have you removed. You do NOT have the RIGHT to smoke on their private property. If you carry a firearm when they say you can't, they have the RIGHT to ask you to leave or have you removed. You do NOT have the RIGHT to carry a firearm on their private property. Period. The 2A does NOT grant you the RIGHT to carry a firearm onto anyone else's private property. CB is NOT violating your 2A rights. CB has a RIGHT to a gun free environment, if that's what they want on their private property, and if you violate that gun free environment, it is YOU who are disregarding THEIR rights, not CB disregarding yours.

With all that said, by all means, give your support to businesses with like values. Don't suport CB if you don't want to. That much IS your right. Tell the world why you refuse to support their business, but when you make that statement, don't say they violated your rights, because they didn't. They merely excercised thier own rights. I, for one, am glad they have that right. I may not agree with the manner in which they excercise it, but I support them having the right to exercise it when they choose to. Because, if you take that right away from them on their private property, you take it away from me on my private property. There are places where it's a right granted by the 2A to have firearms. On MY property, it's a privilege, not a right, and it's granted by ME, not the 2A. If I feel the need to ask you to leave, for ANY firearm related issue, you're leaving. It's my RIGHT to revoke your PRIVILEGE to have a firearm on my private property, and I wouldn't have it any other way, for me, you, or any other private property owner.

I'm happy to respect the rights of others on their private property, because I like being able to require that my rights be respected on my private property.

Top Bottom