Could today be the last day? Would it take affect that quick?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Not really worried about the EO on what I already own. What bothers me is what the suppliers are going to do with our back orders on AR parts and finished uppers? Would a finished upper be considered a assault weapon?

Tc343

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenfield
    This is it. So who the **** is going to enforce treason? I'm more pissed off today than I've been for a hell of a long time. This right here is what bothers me. He is about to commit treason. His dependents will back him, riots will break out if treason/impeachment becomes a thing.

He doesn't have the votes to pass any new laws, so the favor is NOT on his side in congress if he violates the constitution. Congress is who files for impeachment, senate tries. (Hopefully I don't have that back words).

The senate MUST deny any EO that violates the constitution. This is one of the reasons he is filing 19 EOs so he can TRY and word his beliefs / new laws so that they do not violate it.

Bama has studied the laws..... He's gunna try to get around them / break them in a discreet way.

We have a president who thinks he should be a king :xmad: and a vice president who's dummer than a box of rocks.:n00b:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    According to the US Constitution he would not be committing Treason

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."

He would be breaking his oath.
    He would be attempting to produce legislation outside of the powers of his office.
    Is that impeachable, yes
    Is it treason? No

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Not really worried about the EO on what I already own. What bothers me is what the suppliers are going to do with our back orders on AR parts and finished uppers? Would a finished upper be considered a assault weapon?

Uppers are not weapons. Only the lower is. That said, it is possible that they could regulate uppers. Any questions as to specifics cannot be answered until we see the legislation.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."

He would be attempting to produce legislation outside of the powers of his office.
    Is that impeachable, yes
    Is it treason? No

Foreign aid to muslim brotherhood.

There.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Foreign aid to muslim brotherhood.

There.
    Unfortunately the MB has not been declared an Enemy of the State, and we are not at war with them. There.

Besides, the word Treason was bandied about in the context of unconstitutional EO's. I merely pointed out that it was not treason by definition.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Unfortunately the MB has not been declared an Enemy of the State, and we are not at war with them. There.

Besides, the word Treason was bandied about in the context of unconstitutional EO's. I merely pointed out that it was not treason by definition.

Infuriating man. To think this is all going to come down to the House stepping up and caring more about the Country than their own selfish crap

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    An EO gun ban is not possible. A gun ban takes an act of congress. All Obama could hope to accomplish with an EO is to emphasize the importance of enforcing established laws better.

Not true. Obama has effectively changed the law and enforcement of it with EO's in the past. He believes he is king, and will try so again.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    I thought about this. Why is no one worried that the same will happen with people that actually have guns ? Is this racism ? Look at the racial make up at gun shows.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    BS... you would be a Patriot. I'm not giving up anything... no where, no way. :xmad:

When society as a whole deems what you are doing as wrong, you are now a detriment to that society. In your mind you would be a patriot, and you would be standing up for the constitution, but when society no longer wants the constitution to be upheld, you are also no longer wanted.

You know the Brits said the same thing to the colonists and how well that worked out......

The majority of colonists wanted freedom from the British. The majority of Americans no longer want these same freedoms. Society is a majority collective. Whether right or wrong, it will be a criminal act and he will be a criminal.

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

Is that impeachable, yes
    Is it treason? No
    Disarmament or preventing Americans from being armed would Aid and give comfort to our enemy... Terror (and Terrorists). Last I checked, we are "at war with Terror".

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The EO will be valid for whatever he issues if Congress sits on it's ass and does nothing about it.

FWIW, back in the day, Chief justice Warren said something like: "When the legislature enacts an unconstitutional law it acts lawlessly, and the individual citizen is free to go about his or her business as if such a law didn't exist." If it's lawless for congress to enact unconstitutional anti-gun laws, it's doubly lawless for obey-me to use an EO to usurp congress' legislative authority to do it. I heard on the radio that a congressman (KY?) was preparing papers to impeach obey-me if he tried it.:rockwoot:

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    FWIW, back in the day, Chief justice Warren said something like: "When the legislature enacts an unconstitutional law it acts lawlessly, and the individual citizen is free to go about his or her business as if such a law didn't exist." If it's lawless for congress to enact unconstitutional anti-gun laws, it's doubly lawless for obey-me to use an EO to usurp congress' legislative authority to do it. I heard on the radio that a congressman (KY?) was preparing papers to impeach obey-me if he tried it.:rockwoot:

The House can impeach Obama every day of the week and it won't matter because it takes a 2/3 vote by the Senate to convict him and the votes just aren't there.

Top Bottom