• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Just what we need, more stupid laws.

You may want to reconsider your position, given the prevailing opinion of gun owners nationwide. We're done with stupid idiots screwing up our way of life. There's nothing stupid about it. As for your nonsense, well......

mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    It happened OUTSIDE the show, it could have happened anywhere. Why would that mean the end of the Indy 1500? And, no I didn't find anything there to make it worth the price of admission either. Although the line moved very fast, so it wasn't really an issue for us. We were leaving the show around 4 pm and didn't notice anything.

mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    To take this a step further, I'd like to see the Indiana legislature make it a misdemeanor to be in possession of a loaded firearm inside a gun show. No, this wouldn't have prevented what happened today but it is nonetheless needed.
    :noway:

If it doesn't help, how can it possibly be needed?

Just what we need, more stupid laws.

Totally agree, stupid idea to come up with laws that don't prevent anything, but somehow illogically, make a few people FEEL better. :ugh:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Hate to say this, but NDs are going to get more frequent not less.

Think of all the goof balls who have run out to buy guns who never owned before because of this recent scare.
    I was at Bass Pro last week when a lady got a hold of a semi-auto hand gun and was instructing her pal that when you confronted a burglar you were suppose to let him see the gun then you do this like in the movies (racked the slide) and then he knows you mean business (as she waved the gun all over the place).

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    If you review the posts in this thread, you can't help but see the problem. We are indeed our own worst enemy.....

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    JMHO, but as long as "someone" is making money, and at $60.00-$100.00 a table, and $5.00 to park, and $10.00 entry fee, someone, is "making money" .....:twocents:

mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    You may want to reconsider your position, given the prevailing opinion of gun owners nationwide. We're done with stupid idiots screwing up our way of life. There's nothing stupid about it. As for your nonsense, well......

Funny, I haven't seen any evidence that gun owners nationwide are in favor of more laws against carrying guns.

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Reading the news tonight I'm very disappointed. We are our own worst enemy. Could we please unload and load our guns quietly at gun shows. Could we all follow the 4 simple gun rules and be smart/safe :facepalm:

The incident today has made CNN and all the other news outlets along with the ND in North Carolina.

I enjoy the 1500 and I'm concerned that we are very close to losing it. When some moron frosts one off into an innocent bystander is when we are going to lose the show.

-Worried in Fishers :twocents:

How do we know how 'frosted" the bystander? An antigun conspirator? The 1500 can control only so much either way and no they pull too much $$ to end on some ND outside the building.

jlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    The worst part of these NDs is that each one only serves to sway the non-firearm public into thinking that guns go off randomly.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I know this isn't funny but half sarcastic and half serious I can't help but say maybe there is a perfectly good explanation.....like he bought his gun from and got taught how to work the handgun from some of the Gander Mountain staff, which could be a problem! IDK

I am just thankful no one else was injured!

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    If it happened while reloading, it is obvious that the rules of the show played a vital part in setting the conditions for the mishap. Of course, if the man had followed the four rules, or had NOT followed the rule requiring him to manipulate his weapon, it could have been avoided.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The show in NC where a shotgun went off will go on tomorrow with an exception.... Private sales will not be allowed. I can see this happening here in Indy.

I'm surprised they even allow it. The Vendors spend a lot of money renting space, only for someone off the street to pay 20 bucks for a three day pass and sell whatever they can bring through the door. If I was a vendor, I'd be PO'd.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm surprised they even allow it. The Vendors spend a lot of money renting space, only for someone off the street to pay 20 bucks for a three day pass and sell whatever they can bring through the door. If I was a vendor, I'd be PO'd.

Very good point! :yesway:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

It is a stupid law. While we're at it, let's make it a felony to carry a gun in a school, a felony to shoot someone, and a felony to kill someone. That should stop all these senseless shootings and make the world safer. Oh wait...

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    They are raking in good money with these events. The logic of capitalism leads me to believe they will continue. The only ways I see this event from not happening are 1) insurance is too cost prohibitive, or 2) The State Fairgrounds deems it too much of a risk. Option #1 screws us unless the organizers are willing to take the risk. Option #2, potential relocation to another facility may keep it alive.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Private sales will not be allowed. I can see this happening here in Indy

The show in NC where a shotgun went off will go on tomorrow with an exception.... Private sales will not be allowed. I can see this happening here in Indy.

Could be. If that went into place, I can see the dealers spending most all of their time looking across the tables at each other, with the empty aisles.

I did read the statement of the NC ND, and I feel if wanted the Citizens could bring a court hearing over this action. Of course after the fact, but that could set a precedence??Bill.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How do you cover the muzzle of the gun with your hand while loading/unloading :facepalm:

Some friends and I were trying to figure out how he did that as well. The only conclusion one of the guys could come up with is he must have already had the gun loaded and was putting the weapon back in his holster, while holding the holster steady with the hand that got shot. :dunno:

Geez... A 45 to the hand. Hope it wasn't a hollow point!

Last edited:

dhisle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Union County. Indiana
    Both the incident at the 1500, and the incident elsewhere are unfortunate. We are in rough times already and everyone's eyes are in us.. Could have been an issue with his firearm, or a complete act of stupidity I do not profess to know which. However I do feel that we as a community need to use all incidents like this to educate the uninformed. With so many people in one area odds are that it was bound to happen, while I was chagrined to hear of the incident, thankful no one was killed!

Top Bottom