• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well then why doesn't World Class Gunshows make an attempt to quell the problem by creating several anti-discharge drums that are sand filled and heavily protected so that people may load and unload their firearms in a manner that protect the public and themselves.:dunno:

Just my :twocents:'s

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    The show in NC where a shotgun went off will go on tomorrow with an exception.... Private sales will not be allowed. I can see this happening here in Indy.

I don't think I would be upset with this. We have a fine web site here (INGO) that helps facilitate private transactions.

Since BHO came on the scene, we have seen the gun owners ranks swell. While I'm encouraged by this, the number who are irresponsible seems to be higher with this group. I've seen things on ranges and at shows in the last few years that are unbelievable (no sense of safety).

djlaundry2000

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Ill say it again as I did before the last 1500. Once again thousands of us are on a website with enough support and LGSs Like Bradis 21st and a few others that are not named. plus how big INGO is getting why dont we start are own INGO gun show? I know personally I would be happy to invest time money and resources I have into this project. Then INGO can decide on who gets the tables on the inside like all of are INGO advitisers. And you also can dictate who comes in if you want..... If you go to the 1500 and B@#$% about the 1500 STOP attending the 1500. just my 2 cents. Thank you INGO for being an awsome group of individuals.

donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    To take this a step further, I'd like to see the Indiana legislature make it a misdemeanor to be in possession of a loaded firearm inside a gun show. No, this wouldn't have prevented what happened today but it is nonetheless needed.
    Posts like these make me feel like I am through the looking glass. Pro 2A folk talking like anti. :mindasplode:

donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I'm surprised they even allow it. The Vendors spend a lot of money renting space, only for someone off the street to pay 20 bucks for a three day pass and sell whatever they can bring through the door. If I was a vendor, I'd be PO'd.

Very good point! :yesway:

Not really a good point. The vendors make a lot of money off the stuff that they BUY from the shows. Many people walk in with grandpas old gun and don't know what it's worth. Yeah, occaisionally you get lucky and bump into the guy who is willing to pay good money for your gun typically you end up selling it to a dealer for far less than you could get here in the classifieds. Which is good cause they need inventory and becomes a sustainable income stream.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Not really a good point. The vendors make a lot of money off the stuff that they BUY from the shows. Many people walk in with grandpas old gun and don't know what it's worth. Yeah, occaisionally you get lucky and bump into the guy who is willing to pay good money for your gun typically you end up selling it to a dealer for far less than you could get here in the classifieds. Which is good cause they need inventory and becomes a sustainable income stream.

Someone trying to get the no BS assessment on what a gun is worth is not well served going to a gunshow for it. Sure there are a couple people that "might" know the answer and not try to swindle them but I wouldn't bet on it. Most vendors remind me of the show Pawn Stars "yeah I'll give you 100.00 I gotta make a profit"

While I'm all for capitalisim I can see this being a sore spot for the vendors but, at the same time while deals do happen on private sales a lot of the people I see carrying around their gun trying to sell seem to get bothered more by people just being nosey than anyone making any serious offers since a lot of them walk out with the same firearm.

No one like the guy that gets the same thing and yet pays less on their taxes right? How is this much different not to mention the whole shooting accedental incident it might turn into that to "keep people from being stupid in a no stupid zone"!

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Saying the rules of no loaded guns forced the man to unload and then reload, resulting in him needlessly handling the "dangerous" act of reloading a weapon is bull:poop: Would it have kept him from negligently discharging his weapon at that particular spot? Yeah, but what is the alternative? Allowing people to carry loaded? Obviously, people like this guy would be even MORE dangerous around the crowds inside. If he's so unsafe with a firearm while loading (which does not require a PhD to do this in a safe manner), imagine the people like him handling their loaded weapons around a crowd of people.
    I think having a load/unload station with sand barrels is a good idea, but there's no telling if the idiots who practice unsafe handling would even use them. I would imaging the ones who have NDs as ones who think, "I don't need no stinkin' sand barrel" anyway. However, it's not a bad idea to have them, as I'm sure it helps the chances.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    ...plus how big INGO is getting why dont we start are own INGO gun show?
    There are plenty of people here wanting to hold the 1500 liable for the guy shooting himself. Why would Fenway want to put himself in the position of being sued because of someone's carelessness?

People say the 1500 should have provided sand barrels or such. There was a 3 to 4 hour wait to get inside. Can you imagine the wait to use a sand barrel to reload? How long would anyone be willing to stand in line before they just walk off and reload without using the provided protection? My guess would be about 3 minutes.

How many sand barrels do you have to provide before you're not liable in the public's eyes? 1, 10, 50, 300? It wouldn't matter. Someone will always want to blame anyone but the responsible party. If I shoot myself in the hand it's my fault. :twocents:

BigWagon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Greentown
    I wonder how long before they have a rule like NC will have tomorrow.

"no private gun sales will be allowed and personal guns will not be allowed on the property"

taken from yahoo news

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Saying the rules of no loaded guns forced the man to unload and then reload, resulting in him needlessly handling the "dangerous" act of reloading a weapon is bull:poop: Would it have kept him from negligently discharging his weapon at that particular spot? Yeah, but what is the alternative? Allowing people to carry loaded? Obviously, people like this guy would be even MORE dangerous around the crowds inside. If he's so unsafe with a firearm while loading (which does not require a PhD to do this in a safe manner), imagine the people like him handling their loaded weapons around a crowd of people.
    I think having a load/unload station with sand barrels is a good idea, but there's no telling if the idiots who practice unsafe handling would even use them. I would imaging the ones who have NDs as ones who think, "I don't need no stinkin' sand barrel" anyway. However, it's not a bad idea to have them, as I'm sure it helps the chances.

You've made the point: handling of loaded firearms is dangerous. We agree there.

As a matter of safety, most gun owners I know who actually carry follow the guideline that the weapon stays holstered unless it is time to use it. It is the same reason we often complain about LEOs asking us to unholster during an encounter with them.

Every time you manipulate a loaded weapon, you increase the odds drastically for a negligent discharge as compared to the odds of it if it stays holstered. So, having a rule that requires every person who carries to manipulate their weapon clearly increases the odds of a negligent discharge.

Again, we agree that we do not want people messing with their loaded weapons. You seem to say that requiring them to handle a loaded weapon in order to unload it is safer than not requiring them to do the very thing we don't want them to do.

If one of the arguments made between the two of us is BS, I assure you, it isn't mine.

There are plenty of people here wanting to hold the 1500 liable for the guy shooting himself. Why would Fenway want to put himself in the position of being sued because of someone's carelessness?

People say the 1500 should have provided sand barrels or such. There was a 3 to 4 hour wait to get inside. Can you imagine the wait to use a sand barrel to reload? How long would anyone be willing to stand in line before they just walk off and reload without using the provided protection? My guess would be about 3 minutes.

How many sand barrels do you have to provide before you're not liable in the public's eyes? 1, 10, 50, 300? It wouldn't matter. Someone will always want to blame anyone but the responsible party. If I shoot myself in the hand it's my fault. :twocents:

It blows my mind that a place that requires people to unload does not provide a place to do so safely. Blows. My. Mind. If the 1500 doesn't want to change their rules, the least they could do to help us out is give is some stinking barrels.

Good call on the wait considerations. I'd guess the same type of math they use to determine how many porta-johns to use at a concert could probably be applied to how many sand barrels should be available. Thought I had a way to solve the "3-minute problem" without having so many barrels, and then I realized that I, myself, waiting in line, would have found a way around THAT idea, too. I think there's no way around it: need a ton of barrels if they don't change the rule.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I don't see what's so great about the 1500. I've been and wasn't impressed. You have to stand in line forever then pay to get in and look at overpriced goods. Not to mention all the idiots walking around inside. The thing is so crowded it's just a recipe for disaster. I didn't see anything I couldn't get locally or online cheaper. My time and sanity is worth alot to me so I'll just shop Bradis and the INGO classifieds. :twocents:

Agreed. There hasn't been any real "deals" to be had in a long time at the 1500. Yes I know someone will chime in that they got "X" gun for "Y" price and it was a great deal. But that will just be that persons opinion, and I am expressing mine. :twocents:

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    HELL the way it's been lately I might look into buying a table with 4 of my buddies to get free parking and vendor passes. You figure ur paying 5 for parking and 10 for admission why not pay another 10 to eliminate standing in line forever. Sounds like a good payoff to me.

huey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    SW IND
    To take this a step further, I'd like to see the Indiana legislature make it a misdemeanor to be in possession of a loaded firearm inside a gun show. No, this wouldn't have prevented what happened today but it is nonetheless needed.

do we realy need more gun laws????

Top Bottom