• ...and so much more!
  • Popacap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Westfield, IN
    CC loaded at a Gun Show...not a big idea

To those out there which carry loaded concealed in a gun show, I'd like to speak to you. Just one man's thougth...

I've C.C. loaded in gun shows in another state...I've been you. Here is what I've learned.

I'm a competive shooter IDPA, Steel Challenge and former Cowboy Action & USPSA shooter, a Life Member NRA, a certified NRA pistol instructor and Range Officer. I got my first gun when I was 10 yrs old and I have hunted for 40 yrs. By know means, am boasting but to demonstrate I have some experience around guns and safety.

They say there are two types of people in this gun culture, those of us which have had an accidental discharge and those of us who will at some point.

I've had two of these terrifying events iin my gun handling life, that is hard to admit. Thank goodness, no one was hurt becasue the gun was pointed in a safe direction. These two events were years apart. The key take away here is I've made two big mental mistakes around firearms in my life.

This is why everyone at a gunshow should unload in the car for the good of all the gun community and safety of everyone. Anyone can make a mental mistake!

If you interviewed anyone which in the last decade (there have been a few...since I've been here in '08) which has had an accidental discharge at the 1500, they would tell you one of three things:

1) They forgot that gun was loaded
    2) They thought they unloaded that gun
    3) They never meant to touch/draw the loaded gun they brought

Bottom line...they all made a mistake!

Big

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Boone County
    To those out there which carry loaded concealed in a gun show, I'd like to speak to you. Just one man's thougth...

I've C.C. loaded in gun shows in another state...I've been you. Here is what I've learned.

I'm a competive shooter IDPA, Steel Challenge and former Cowboy Action & USPSA shooter, a Life Member NRA, a certified NRA pistol instructor and Range Officer. I got my first gun when I was 10 yrs old and I have hunted for 40 yrs. By know means, am boasting but to demonstrate I have some experience around guns and safety.

They say there are two types of people in this gun culture, those of us which have had an accidental discharge and those of us who will at some point.

I've had two of these terrifying events iin my gun handling life, that is hard to admit. Thank goodness, no one was hurt becasue the gun was pointed in a safe direction. These two events were years apart. The key take away here is I've made two big mental mistakes around firearms in my life.

This is why everyone at a gunshow should unload in the car for the good of all the gun community and safety of everyone. Anyone can make a mental mistake!

If you interviewed anyone which in the last decade (there have been a few...since I've been here in '08) which has had an accidental discharge at the 1500, they would tell you one of three things:

1) They forgot that gun was loaded
    2) They thought they unloaded that gun
    3) They never meant to touch/draw the loaded gun they brought

Bottom line...they all made a mistake!

Hey Cowboy, I do not care how many acronyms you put behind your name. There is NO EXCUSE to condone the action of a NEGLIGENT discharge. Any one can make a mental mistake and take precious life from someone. He did not just spill his milk.

I do agree that there are two types of people, but differ on who they are. There are those that pay attention and those who get complacent. Guess what, COMPLACENCY KILLS!

I would expect better from an Instructor from one NRA member to another.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    A new member bumping an old thread to pick a fight without adding anything useful to the conversation...? yeah, i'm guessing this does Not get interesting. Tedious? perhaps. embarrassing to the forum as a whole? More likely!

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    A new member bumping an old thread to pick a fight without adding anything useful to the conversation...? yeah, i'm guessing this does Not get interesting. Tedious? perhaps. embarrassing to the forum as a whole? More likely!

With the influx of new members in the last 2 months Pehaps now is the time for Moderators to implement a new rule. Like you have a 3 day window of the last thread posting for an arguing point! If you have something to contribute (helpful information became known etc) no statute of limitations as long as it's a contribution just can't argue if the thread has been over for 3 working days, most of us forget what we were arguing about after 3 days so I say thats fair!!!!:D

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    With the influx of new members in the last 2 months Pehaps now is the time for Moderators to implement a new rule. Like you have a 3 day window of the last thread posting for an arguing point! If you have something to contribute (helpful information became known etc) no statute of limitations as long as it's a contribution just can't argue if the thread has been over for 3 working days, most of us forget what we were arguing about after 3 days so I say thats fair!!!!:D
    I actually laughed...

I really think we should be able to Vote a post as "Not-Quality" so that a person making 50 QUALITY posts has to actually earn them! Or vise versa. The person has to have 50 of their posts voted as a "Quality Post". Not to suggest the above member is just trying to get into the classified! By No Means am i saying that! in625 and i just digressed a little there! :D

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Hey Cowboy, I do not care how many acronyms you put behind your name. There is NO EXCUSE to condone the action of a NEGLIGENT discharge. Any one can make a mental mistake and take precious life from someone. He did not just spill his milk.

I do agree that there are two types of people, but differ on who they are. There are those that pay attention and those who get complacent. Guess what, COMPLACENCY KILLS!

I would expect better from an Instructor from one NRA member to another.
    Oh goody, another FNG trying to get his 50 in!

verv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    That is sad and for the news to jump on it immediately and broadcast it across the world just to strengthen the current idiots in congress's battle to strip our rights.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Not worried about the 50 by the way.

Hey Big, as i said, i wasn't saying that about you specifically! I'm more worried about the people who are here for a week, get exactly 50 posts and then have 10 new threads in the classifieds! That's not what this site is about!

Weclome to the site!

(I'm done derailing this thread now!)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

The problem with that is it's a no win situation. If you revive an old thread, you get hammered for brining up the dead. But, if you create a new thread that covers the same subject, you get hammered for not knowing how to use the search function.

Back to the point of the original post, the 1500 needs load/unload barrels placed at all entrances. Put those there so when the newbies fumble while unloading a firearm and pop a round off, it's nothing more than a story of how well the barrels are working out.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The problem with that is it's a no win situation. If you revive an old thread, you get hammered for brining up the dead. But, if you create a new thread that covers the same subject, you get hammered for not knowing how to use the search function.

Back to the point of the original post, the 1500 needs load/unload barrels placed at all entrances. Put those there so when the newbies fumble while unloading a firearm and pop a round off, it's nothing more than a story of how well the barrels are working out.

You know someone on INGO will critisized that they werent dressed tacticool enough or too tactical for their skill or etc etc etc LOL They can't help themselve, No such thing as an honost mistake here!

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    Back to original intent of this thread. After this weekend at Crown Point, barrels sound like an EXTREMELY intelligent idea at all shows. The really sad part is there will be 2or 3 *********s who will discharge into the barrel on purpose.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

There will always be one idiot (and I do mean idiot) that is above using the barrels. There is always one................:xmad:

Or more.

Top Bottom