• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    There is good training and bad training, Just because you spent money on it doesnt mean its not horse hockey. Some of the best Training is pretty dirt cheap. NRA. Where was that video of the dude spinning and circles shooting a rifle one handed and a pistol in the other hand? I bet that dude thought he was getting high speed training and paid a fortune for it

That's the instructor.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    There Is good training and bad training, Just because you spent money on it doesnt mean its not horse hockey. Some of the best Training is pretty dirt cheap. NRA. Where was that video of the dude spinning and circles shooting a rifle one handed and a pistol in the other hand? I bet that dude thought he was getting high speed training and paid a fortune for it

There are people who will spend 1k plus on a single course. You can learn all the drills you want, but you have to take what you learned, and refine it. I would rather take multiple classes for the same money.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I just watch Yeager's videos online.
    He has taught me a lot. I can run much faster now than I use to.
    When I grow up, I want to be just like him. :bowdown:

Practice Makes Perfect. - Is Bull****!

Perfect Practice Makes Perfect. - You can practice WRONG all your life and never ever get it. If you give money to a trainer, make sure he can actually teach you something. Watch out for minions.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    He just likes to pose that question from time to time because he's had some training and tends to look down his nose on those that have not.

You are correct that bwframe asks similar questions from time to time.

Your are wrong about the motive you are projecting on him.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You are correct that bwframe asks similar questions from time to time.

Your are wrong about the motive you are projecting on him.
    You may very well be right because I don't know him personally but I would say that I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one that's ever gotten that vibe from some of his posts.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You may very well be right because I don't know him personally but I would say that I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one that's ever gotten that vibe from some of his posts.

I can't address that other than to suggest that more than one person can be wrong in the same way.

I know that bwframe has had a significant amount of firearms-related training (and not all of it from us). I also know that he believes that it's very important to be able to use your weapon effectively under stress and that professional instruction followed by practice is an excellent way to move closer to that goal. He is an advocate and wants to encourage others with consider a similar path because he thinks it's very important. Whether or not he is a successful advocate in your eyes is a different issue, but "look(ing) down his nose" is not a part of it, whether that is perceived by the reader or not.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I can't address that other than to suggest that more than one person can be wrong in the same way.

I know that bwframe has had a significant amount of firearms-related training (and not all of it from us). I also know that he believes that it's very important to be able to use your weapon effectively under stress and that professional instruction followed by practice is an excellent way to move closer to that goal. He is an advocate and wants to encourage others with consider a similar path because he thinks it's valuable. Whether or not he is a successful advocate in your eyes is a different issue, but "look(ing) down his nose" is not a part of it, whether that is perceived by the reader or not.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I know that bwframe has had a significant amount of firearms-related training (and not all of it from us). I also know that he believes that it's very important to be able to use your weapon effectively under stress and that professional instruction followed by practice is an excellent way to move closer to that goal. He is an advocate and wants to encourage others with consider a similar path because he thinks it's valuable. Whether or not he is a successful advocate in your eyes is a different issue, but "look(ing) down his nose" is not a part of it, whether that is perceived by the reader or not.

Double feed?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Training is a personal matter...

My technique involves standing by my grill (at the farm...Not in town) with whatever gun I happen to have on me and every now and again when I am flipping a steak or burger I draw my weapon and shoot my 8" gong from between 15 and 25 yards out with a cig dangling from my mouth...Weak hand or strong hand depending on which hand the spatula is in...I do this every weekend and expend between 30-50 rounds doing it...

I don't know if it is good training or not but it let's the wife know that I am still in the yard and that there is no longer any need for me to wear the shock collar....

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN

I met him in person last week. Very personable and seemed like a nice guy.
    The internet stinks at conveying nuances and motivation.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Somebody needs to pull bwframes records just in case.......... we need to get to the bottom of this and verify his qualifications... or lack thereof.......

The seriousness of the charge warrants a full investigation......

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Training is a personal matter...

My technique involves standing by my grill (at the farm...Not in town) with whatever gun I happen to have on me and every now and again when I am flipping a steak or burger I draw my weapon and shoot my 8" gong from between 15 and 25 yards out with a cig dangling from my mouth...Weak hand or strong hand depending on which hand the spatula is in...I do this every weekend and expend between 30-50 rounds doing it...

I don't know if it is good training or not but it let's the wife know that I am still in the yard and that there is no longer any need for me to wear the shock collar....

I believe this post completely.

Top Bottom