• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should teacher use these punishments on students?

• Total voters

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    A recent discussion brought up the point that some parents think that teachers should be able to punish kids using methods outside of today's acceptable "PC" means. Please let me know if any of these appeal to you, being administered by strangers running your child's school.

Feel free to add suggestions. Check all that apply.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    blues_brothers_the_penguin.png

I say only the Pengiun gets to use the rulers, but hand slap/spanking seems fine. It shouldn't be used constantly, but after some preset "rules of engagment".

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    As much as I would not like a stranger to give "swats", which I voted for to my kids, I remember when I was a kid. Some of those kids just do not know how to act. If the parents lack the skill to raise respectful productive citizens, someone needs to help out.

If the parent does their job at home right, they would not have to worry about it. If the parent cannot do their job, let a teacher. Maybe the schools could even charge extra per swat. Get the parents of misbehaved kids to pay up and eliminate some of the burden on the rest of the taxpayers.

In the end the children who got "swats" would most likely want to thank the teachers for teaching them how to behave in public and helping shape them into a productive citizen, which their parents could not do.

Burr Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    I gotta agree with swats on the backside. I grew up in the Catholic school system in the sixties and seventies. No, I was not a victim of sexual abuse either. If you got out of line you got your back porch painted red. Never hurt me none, plus when I got home I may have gotten it again. It taught me RESPECT. Of course that was already instilled in me by my mother and father, yes, both were there together. I would have no problem with someone wacking my kid's behind if she needed it. But I taught her better from the beginning so usually she didn't need too much.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    To everyone who said "yes" to physical violence against your kids, how much is too much? Bruises, bleeding? Black eyes? Stitches?

How old is too old? Want your 17 year old daughter to be spanked by a creepy old principal in his office?

Go on, defend your side.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Up to and including 3 swats on the backside.

I had a Welding teacher / Football coach who was 6'6" 275 that caught me F'ing off.

I was given options.

Get thrown of team.
    Call my dad at work.
    3 swats.

After the first two I couldn't feel my butt anyway, did it hurt? You bet.
    Did I run home and tell my folks? Heck no I already got punished I didn't need more.
    Did I gain respect for Coach? You had better believe it.
    Did it somehow change the respect he had for me?

I know it did, ran into him about 2 years ago 18 years after I graduated in a grocery store, we got to talking and he told me"I don't think I could ever forget you Mike, in my 24 years in teaching you are the only student that ever picked the swats. I like to think I may have kept you out of prison." "You have managed to stay out of prison right?"

I will never forget him and I don't think he will ever forget me.

Does my dad know I was caught doing doughnuts in the school parking lot 2 days after I got my license? Nope!!!

Did I ever do doughnuts in the school parking lot again?? Yeah I did the day of graduation. Burned off two tires and had a smoke cloud that lasted about 10 mins.

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    You know I can not say what is right or wrong for a girl today. I can only speak of the rules that I went thru when I was a kid and I dont think I came out to bad. If you got a whipping at school you got one at home. Please keep in mined I grew up on a farm. and it was several years ago.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have little to no problem with Paddling a Misbehaving Student.

Done a fairly decent job on Generations before mine...
    Done a fairly decent job on my Siblings and I at home also...

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    In the early 70's I was often times found in the Dean's office for exhibiting behavior not suitable for school.

Good old Mr. Whaley would sit me down in front of his desk, turn the phone toward me and push it in my direction. Then he'd say "Call your mom".

He'd explain to my hard working mom that her son was about to be "whacked" (usually 1 2 or 3 whacks), he'd apologize for bothering her at work and then he'd hang up. The girls dean would then enter the office, shut the door, and I would bend over the chair a bit while Mr. Whaley whacked me and she watched.

When I got home, my mom made it clear that I was responsible for my actions and bugging her at work, and then she would whack me again, or enslave me for a month of dishwashing, house cleaning, and assorted whatever she wanted...sometimes I got whacked again AND enslaved. Mom was awesome.

It didn't hurt me one bit. I say bring it back.

Top Bottom