Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh Ye of much misplaced faith.

My thoughts exactly. Snowden said (in 2013) that the only way he would trust that the camera or microphone on an electronic device couldn't be remote activated was if he took a soldering iron and broke the connections himself

Whatever else we think of him, there is reason to believe he knew his stuff. How many boxcars does your governor own

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I do have a pretty comfortable feeling with at least Apple’s approach to security. I think it’s well-documented how seriously they take their users’ privacy. They don’t cooperate with government investigations, even in circumstances when I wish they would.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Those who follow such things know that Google and Apple take fundamentally different approaches to users‘ security. Google’s approach is cloud-centric, where Apple’s is device-centric. When I came to understand this, I made the switch from Google to Apple. The COVID-19 contact tracing API is a device centric scheme.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I just heard what happened in Cook County, IL today... We don’t need devices to breach our privacy if tested positive for COVID-19. Government officials can apparently do a good job of that all on their own.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    All it can do is tell you that you’ve possibly been in contact with an infected person. It can’t do anything else until you allow it to. I would expect such a notification quickly considering my lifestyle. Hardly a “stupid game” in my opinion. No matter at this point; the places I frequent either do not plan to participate or haven’t responded yet. So the rubber meets the road months down the line when it’s built in to both operating systems and available for opt in.

https://www.fastcompany.com/9050804...&utm_campaign=rss+fastcompany&utm_content=rss

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    [video=youtube;Z73NJmVT4nA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z73NJmVT4nA[/video]

Trump-tweet-5-21-20.png

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have an appointment with the VA in Cincinnati next week are they requiring us to wear a mask for appointments? I tried to find information online can't find anything.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I can be shot by a civilian for not wearing a mask?

Go ahead, punk, make my day.

What's the limit? 2 per day, 3 in possession?

I would be willing to bet, she's not well practiced at drawing her weapon.
    I'm not a quick draw, but I bet my draw beats hers.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    BAKERY: We refuse to serve gay people.
    CONSERVATIVES: That is their right!
    BAKERY: We refuse to serve anyone not wearing a mask.
    CONSERVATIVES: You’re violating our rights!

;)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That math in isolation can lead to an inaccurate picture of the problem.

With .4% confirmed positive, that leaves 99.6% of the population still at risk of contracting this.

Let's use a 10x multiplier, though, to account for all the asymptomatic infections who were never tested. That still leaves 96% of the population at risk.

If my math is correct, that means there's still 315 bazillion people who could be infected.

has there been an antibody study that showed only a 10-fold undercount?

but yes, most people are yet to be infected. also bear in mind it wasn't predicted that most would be infected even without social distancing measures

2.2 million dead was based on the 2-3% mortality rate they lied about

I would LOVE to see a study of family members of known positives. what percent of same house members did NOT convert to positive? same sinks. same beds. same kitchen.

Last edited:

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    BAKERY: We refuse to serve gay people.
    CONSERVATIVES: That is their right!
    BAKERY: We refuse to serve anyone not wearing a mask.
    CONSERVATIVES: You’re violating our rights!

;)

Although cute, there is definitely a false equivalency. The real difference is that the "Conservative" argument is yes, it is their right in both situations, but how they handle it is different. One will simply voice their displeasure and stop patronizing a business, the other will use whatever means they can to punish the business through litigation, politicization, slander, vandalism, violence, or using the force of the government. If they do not get their way, they will do it again. Perhaps the better comparison would be adult vs. petulant child.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Thank you Route 45.

Best of luck on your trek to that "other" VA hospital DadSmith ;)

It's my Saturday once again on week (I lost count) of my farmed-out job at the hospital. It has been a lot easier since they started allowing one visitor per patient (if it's not ER.) Inpatient areas are end of life situations for visitors, all coordinated with the unit, limit two at a time. All must be over 18.

There are about five reasons on the checklist to have the one visitor (over 18) with the patient. The easy ones are "in a wheelchair" and "being sedated". Since our patients skew a bit older (nearly half are 65-85) there are a lot who can bring in their spouse/child. "Sir, does your wife have to repeat things for you because you don't hear well?" while nodding my head up and down usually gets an affirmative. If I'm doing that, they need to go with the patient.

More to follow...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom