Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes, he has countered his previous declarations. You must be new to the 24/7 news cycle.

Would you prefer he sticks to initial positions and discard new data? Hmmmm? Asking for someone who hates Star Wars.

No. I'd rather he not talk out of his ass in the first place.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I've seen a video of a person who could burp a song....but talking out of one's rectum? Seems like you are making that up. Is that the same as talking out of your rectum?

tenor.gif

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It's a common saying. But you know that.

***redaction***

I love it when people accuse Fauci or Pelosi, or leftists or whoever of promoting a false narrative...

...and then go on to promote their own false narrative.

I lived through this whole pandemic. I remember the early days. We had people on this site declaring TEOTWAWKI. We had one guy putting so many articles on here saying that COVID-19 was the end of civilization (and you know who you are), that people who objected to what this guy was saying were called out by others on this site.

And I remember what the President said and did about this little understood virus. And what Fauci said and recommended.

Of course, if Jesus came down and said something about COVID-19, there would be someone on INGO that would pick His comments apart...and complain about him not being an American.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I lived through this whole pandemic. I remember the early days. We had people on this site declaring TEOTWAWKI. We had one guy putting so many articles on here saying that COVID-19 was the end of civilization (and you know who you are), that people who objected to what this guy was saying were called out by others on this site.

And I remember what the President said and did about this little understood virus. And what Fauci said and recommended.

Of course, if Jesus came down and said something about COVID-19, there would be someone on INGO that would pick His comments apart...and complain about him not being an American.

Those of use who railed about about the missteps of government pre-COVID...we somehow expected it to be omniscient when this started, to never say something that turned out to not be accurate, to never recommend things that turned out to not be necessary, to never predict things that didn't happen.

To not learn as this thing progressed.

People in government are just like the rest of us. They go down a path they think is the right one, but have to adjust from time to time. I don't fault anyone for that.

The only thing I fault is taking ill-advised actions for purely political reasons and outright lying even if they think the lie promotes a good (the March "no need to mask up" statements come to mind).

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Sure. You said: "The 7 billion should have been served by the WHO. Instead they were too busy taking their orders from Beijing to prevent over 95% of the deaths worldwide."

That may have been a purple comment without the coloration. If so, then it didn't really need my reply. If you're serious, then I stand by what I said. Said another way, I don't see where immediate and correct action by any organization could have limited deaths to 5% of actual.
    I am serious about the part you question. So are many others:
    https://www.axios.com/timeline-the-...-up-ee65211a-afb6-4641-97b8-353718a5faab.html
    "A study published in March indicated that if Chinese authorities had acted three weeks earlier than they did, the number of coronavirus cases could have been reduced by 95% and its geographic spread limited."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-it-all-started-chinas-early-coronavirus-missteps-11583508932

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...ed-95-measures-taken-three-weeks-earlier.html

https://hongkongfp.com/2020/03/14/c...-cases-acted-silenced-whistleblowers-warning/

Instead China detained whistleblowers, limited domestic travel while encouraging international travel, and downplayed the severity of the outbreak. The WHO relied on China when it claimed that there was no human to human transmission, despite China having evidence of this, and refused to listen to the warnings coming from Taiwan and South Korea.

So, I might revise the numbers slightly, and change it to 95% of cases rather than deaths. That was an error on my part. Back in March China could have prevented 95% of cases had it taken the outbreak seriously, and not hamstrung the WHO's response. Given the spread of the virus, 95% is now probably a low number.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I see what you're saying. Thanks.

The first article also says in the prior paragraph:
    The study estimates that by the end of February 2020 there was a total of 114, 325 COVID-19 cases in China. It shows that without non-pharmaceutical interventions – such as early detection, isolation of cases, travel restrictions and cordon sanitaire – the number of infected people would have been 67 times larger than that which actually occurred.

So...maybe it's just me, but I haven't seen anything yet that says that humans are adequately prepared to handle novel viruses in an effective manner and that technology may have introduced better methods of combating epidemics, but it is also responsible to some degree for the rapid spread of same.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

My problem with Faoci isn't any of that. I'd just like him to be a little more honest and up front with people. I get that no matter what he says there'll be supply runs on tin foil. And we should just not give a **** about that. It'd have been fine for Fouci just to say up front that it's more important that the people treating people's covid should have the priority for the good masks because they have the highest risk of getting it. I don't know if that would have led to less angst over masks, but it surely wouldn't have hurt his credibility. Now that he's established that he's willing to be deceptive to manipulate an outcome, I have to wonder if it's the truth or if he's trying to manipulate another outcome.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Those of use who railed about about the missteps of government pre-COVID...we somehow expected it to be omniscient when this started, to never say something that turned out to not be accurate, to never recommend things that turned out to not be necessary, to never predict things that didn't happen.

To not learn as this thing progressed.

People in government are just like the rest of us. They go down a path they think is the right one, but have to adjust from time to time. I don't fault anyone for that.

The only thing I fault is taking ill-advised actions for purely political reasons and outright lying even if they think the lie promotes a good (the March "no need to mask up" statements come to mind).

I expect people to learn from mistakes. I expect information to improve. I expect procedures to become better. And all of those things have happened. I can forgive them for not knowing then what we know now. We were all reading about the horror stories from China in the early stages. Then we heard the same things when it hit the US especially in NY. I think a lot of the mistakes made early on was from the belief in the concept "don't just stand there, do something." In a rush to "do something" you do stupid things that make things worse. And I get that politicians are under a lot of pressure no matter what they do. Just don't make unforced errors. Telling people that masks won't help when Fouci believed they actually would was an unforced error. And I kinda think people need to quit with the Fouci worship. He's not a god.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The fact that governments were not very competent prior to Covid does not excuse incompetence during Covid. The susceptible populations became know very early. Extending widespread shutdowns past the initial period in March is a bigger disaster than getting sick, and this was pretty obvious too.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The fact that governments were not very competent prior to Covid does not excuse incompetence during Covid. The susceptible populations became know very early. Extending widespread shutdowns past the initial period in March is a bigger disaster than getting sick, and this was pretty obvious too.

The shutdown was sold to us as the way to flatten the curve to keep ICU beds from being used up. Okay. Fine. That makes sense. For areas that have a sharp curve. Not so much the areas that didn't. Who is to blame for that overreaction? If that was Fouci's suggestion to Trump, I think he owns that then.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The shutdown was sold to us as the way to flatten the curve to keep ICU beds from being used up. Okay. Fine. That makes sense. For areas that have a sharp curve. Not so much the areas that didn't. Who is to blame for that overreaction? If that was Fouci's suggestion to Trump, I think he owns that then.

In fairness to Trump, I think Fauci probably recommended it, but he left it to the governors/mayors. I think that's where the responsibility for that decision falls. If it was the wrong decision, it wasn't Trump's wrong decision.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In fairness to Trump, I think Fauci probably recommended it, but he left it to the governors/mayors. I think that's where the responsibility for that decision falls. If it was the wrong decision, it wasn't Trump's wrong decision.

Really, I think there's a whole bunch to blame if we get down to it. Trump doesn't have the authority to shut things down like that, and I'm actually surprised he acknowledged that through his actions if not his tweets. But he's the guy who approves the recommendations be made. Politicians not following guidelines is political Russian Roulette. Those governors would be eviscerated by the press and political opponents if they went against the recommendations of the CDC and then were wrong. Safest political move is to just do what the experts say, and if they're wrong, point the finger at them. So I think there is some political cover provided by the CDC's recommendations. But to the extent that governors went beyond recommendations, that's on them. I'll give Trump a bit of a pass too because he has the same political constraints. But it's not lost on me that he tends to be selective on which recommendations he recommends on twitter.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    We had the Crimson Contagion exercise... oh but wouldn't it be fun to read the findings!

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I see what you're saying. Thanks.

The first article also says in the prior paragraph:

So...maybe it's just me, but I haven't seen anything yet that says that humans are adequately prepared to handle novel viruses in an effective manner and that technology may have introduced better methods of combating epidemics, but it is also responsible to some degree for the rapid spread of same.
    I would respectfully disagree to an extent. If you silence whistleblowers, hide evidence, lock down domestic travel to slow the spread but permit international travel, and collude with the WHO to downplay the crisis, then no amount of technology could help with that.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I would respectfully disagree to an extent. If you silence whistleblowers, hide evidence, lock down domestic travel to slow the spread but permit international travel, and collude with the WHO to downplay the crisis, then no amount of technology could help with that.

^^^ THIS ^^^

If China had restricted international travel from Wuhan in the same way they restricted domestic travel from Wuhan to other parts of China... the world would be a very different place today, IMO... that was a conscious decision on the part of the Chi-Comms. It indeed would have been solely the Wuhan flu.

And when the Chi-Comms say they eliminated it from China and only had outbreaks from INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL bringing it back into China... that is beyond laughable.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    And then again it would be a very different world if Falsey hadn't been working with the Gates of hell and red China.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Reported!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom