• Status
    Not open for further replies.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Yep - I had an uncle who collapsed on the floor, unconscious, while getting dressed.

What did the hospital say it was? You guessed it - Covid 19. This, despite the fact that suddenly collapsing on the floor in a non-responsive state is not in any way associated with this virus. We (the family) demanded he be tested. The test was negative.

He never regained consciousness. He died the next day, the result of a massive brain aneurysm, likely brought on by years of drug and alcohol abuse.

The hospital couldn't wait to chalk his death up to Covid. Had we not been watching, that is exactly what they would have done.

I had a friend who died from a brain aneurysm about a month ago (age 40), she had been staying isolated in her house so her husband (who drives a cab) didn't got covid. Wonder if the mental aspect of staying isolated is causing issues beyond covid?

johny5

not a shill account
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Wonder if the mental aspect of staying isolated is causing issues beyond covid?

Ditto.

Humans are meant to be around one another. I have been grateful for INGO during this fiasco. It has provided an outlet for that need to socialize. But it is no substitute for the real thing.

I mourn the fact that we are allowing this to be done to us. But we ARE allowing it to be done to us.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I had a friend who died from a brain aneurysm about a month ago (age 40), she had been staying isolated in her house so her husband (who drives a cab) didn't got covid. Wonder if the mental aspect of staying isolated is causing issues beyond covid?

I think there is no doubt you are right.

Mental issues up to and including suicide, health issues from avoiding normal maintenance, along with social, economic and political repercussions.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    My brother is virtually a hermit in Limestone County, Texas. That's normal for him; the bank bug hasn't changed his life style or how often he goes to town for supplies. He has his dog and occasionally Ranger comes around (a whitetail buck he rescued as a baby a few years back).

With us up here on the corn tundra, it shut down my work load just about when I was ready for that to happen so it's a mixed blessing of sorts. I'm getting to spend time with the better 2/3's. Catching up on a lot of projects I've wanted to do.

Speaking of, had my coffee, gonna get out there and go back to cleaning up the old cans, broken dishes and garbage on the corner of the place where some dingle berries used to burn their trash.
    Later.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There are reams of evidence that if you die they test you. If you have anything even resembling Covid that is the cause of death and yes this is happening.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/hill...from-covid-19-becoming-states-youngest-victim

News media still fear mongering

Headline shouts: "Hillsborough 6-year-old dies from COVID-19, becoming state's youngest victim" but later on they say "Because the state's privacy policy bars it from giving further information, it's not clear how she contracted the disease or what, if any, other health risks she had."

If you can't release any other information about the case (like comorbidities), then WhyTF are you releasing that she had WuVid - doesn't HIPAA cover that information, too?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    https://www.fox13news.com/news/hill...from-covid-19-becoming-states-youngest-victim

News media still fear mongering

Headline shouts: "Hillsborough 6-year-old dies from COVID-19, becoming state's youngest victim" but later on they say "Because the state's privacy policy bars it from giving further information, it's not clear how she contracted the disease or what, if any, other health risks she had."

If you can't release any other information about the case (like comorbidities), then WhyTF are you releasing that she had WuVid - doesn't HIPAA cover that information, too?

Selective compliance. It's OK if it furthers the agenda.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    My youngest is a teacher. She got an email yesterday that one of the bus drivers contracted the bug. They won't tell you which driver because of HIPPA, but they say anyone who was in contact with the driver should self quarantine.

I am not smart enough to figure this one out.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    My two kids are in 1st and fourth. High school and elementary are part of the same building separated by a breezeway. My wife works in the high school. My 1st grade is quarantined for 10 days because of headache and fever. The other two are free to go back. I’m not complaining really but it just makes no sense.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think someone might have noticed... when the morgues ran out of space and they had to store the coffins (with deceased in them) in churches.

Would have just been a bad flu season.

This is crap of using morgue and hospital beds as a measure is just silly. Like we build excess capacity in either just in case the Chinese unleash a nasty virus on us. We have just what we need for normal, excess capacity is expensive. So therefore it is largely irrelevant if capacity is exceeded, it is only indicative of the situation being above normal. The new normal is that the wuho flu is here and some will have bad reactions to it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Name the last time "just a bad flu season" exceeded hospital and morgue capacity.

We've had "bad flu seasons" before. I don't recall the infrastructure issues, although maybe it happened someplace. I'd appreciate any links, or in the absence of links, your best recollection of that happening.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

This is crap of using morgue and hospital beds as a measure is just silly. Like we build excess capacity in either just in case the Chinese unleash a nasty virus on us. We have just what we need for normal, excess capacity is expensive. So therefore it is largely irrelevant if capacity is exceeded, it is only indicative of the situation being above normal. The new normal is that the wuho flu is here and some will have bad reactions to it.

So you're saying that capacity was only exceeded because of the nasty Chinese virus.

Got it.

How does that support your "would never have noticed" position, again?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

So how would you measure the impact?

You don't want to measure it by looking at the increase in deaths.
    You don't want to measure it by looking at hospital beds required.
    You don't want to measure it by the number of positive tests (living or dead).

It seems like you just plain don't want to measure it and pretend it doesn't have big impact.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So you're saying that capacity was only exceeded because of the nasty Chinese virus.

Got it.

How does that support your "would never have noticed" position, again?

We would not have noticed to the point of panic folks live with now.

If NY, and NJ were a country they would have the worst outcome for wuhu flu than any country in the world so I have read. They would have noticed the "bad flu season" but without their quarantine restrictions they would have adapted more efficiently. Part of the backup of bodies was families could not have funerals. I posted recently that the average length of stay in a nursing home at the end of life is 5 months. These folks were dying, covid sped it up.

I believe if we had done nothing (and the media did not fan the flames) in Indy it would have gone down as a "bad flu season".

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Name the last time "just a bad flu season" exceeded hospital and morgue capacity.

We've had "bad flu seasons" before. I don't recall the infrastructure issues, although maybe it happened someplace. I'd appreciate any links, or in the absence of links, your best recollection of that happening.

Wouldn't a "bad flu season" by definition be at least worse than the norm by a good measure and maybe the worst ever?

Since it is unprofitable and inefficient to have excess capacity, wouldn't it stand to reason that infrastructure issues would occur when the event is worse than norm or the worst?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom