• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    exactly how do you end up with the gun pointed at you? i have never figured that out yet.Is it just me or does common sense tell you if it will kill other humans and animals then it will probable kill me as well? Man common sense just isn't.:rolleyes:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Opps then...
    yoda_ibtl.jpg

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Most "accidental discharges" resulting in death are suicides (technically, I guess they all are, my point is the intent behind the act). It depends on the wishes of the family in disclosure. For years, Ernest Hemingway's death was attributed to a "gun cleaning accident." No, I don't have figures on it, and I know that's just one example, but really, accidental discharges hit the foot, not the head.

It is a sad story.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Why is everyone so intent to jump IBTL? I never understood that..
    Because it is unfair and offensive to the person who posted this first to have all of the comments and attention go to the poster who duplicated the post.

images

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    wheres the lock....???

Because it is unfair and offensive to the person who posted this first to have all of the comments and attention go to the poster who duplicated the post.

images

he,he,he... looks like the 2nd thread got more attention.

I'm gonna go with IBTM, In Before Thread Merge

Yup suspect that a merge will be done instead.
    Either that or the MODs are off drinking since it's Friday. :D

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    I cant even figure the mecanics of shooting yourself in the head while loading and unloading. Revolver seems utterly impossible to do that with and mag fed guns mabye if pointing it straight up and slapping the mag with finger on the trigger. And im with Jed dummy rounds for training. Any new gun i get i use dummies first to load and unload till im proficent enough to feel comfertable.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I cant even figure the mecanics of shooting yourself in the head while loading and unloading. Revolver seems utterly impossible to do that with and mag fed guns mabye if pointing it straight up and slapping the mag with finger on the trigger. And im with Jed dummy rounds for training. Any new gun i get i use dummies first to load and unload till im proficent enough to feel comfertable.

Based on the limited info in the article and assuming the guy was 100% newbie it is not uncommon. The first time my mom picked up my gun (unload as I had just finished cleaning it: no ammo in the room I clean). She looked down the barrel like it was some sort of telescope!

Turned it around inspecting the gun like some form of foriegn rock. Needless to say I was not expecting that and it was a very uncomfortable feeling for me. yes the gun was unloaded but still.

Heck even when I have the gun (1911) apart to clean and I'm only holding the barrel I still don't like to look down the "front" end of it to see how clean I got it. I still look down the "back" of the barrel if that makes any sence. Something un-nerving to be that yes this metal tube can kill me.

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    The next MEET & SHOOT is for 16 OCT 2010 (go sign up!)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nd_shoot_-_sat_16_oct_2010_a.html#post1342678

Appleseed for NWI
    23 OCT 2010 @ NPCCC, Chesterton, IN
    2010 North Porter County, IN Appleseed Information

2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    11-12 DEC 2010 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

On finding a location for more Appleseeds:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

Top Bottom