Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Based on the more recent data, the mortality rate is ~3%, and it is primarily older people, so because I don't match that demographic I'm less worried about the virus than I am of panicky people doing dumb stuff.

It is most always the panicky people doing dumb stuff because dumb people act panicky and do...…...Dumb stuff.
    Panicky people can do dumb stuff and not affect much; there's enough stock on the shelves. When it happens and the cargo ships stop floating over here and we're all out of stuff, well, it turns out they weren't dumb except for the fact that they waited til the last minute to prep.
    I would argue that the great majority are dumb and being prepared in any sense at all won't cross their mind until their very own 11th hour.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    HCML1mI.jpg

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    FDA reports 1st drug shortage due to novel coronavirus outbreak

"A manufacturer has alerted us to a shortage of a human drug that was recently added to the drug shortages list," Hahn said in a statement Thursday night. "The manufacturer just notified us that this shortage is related to a site affected by coronavirus. The shortage is due to an issue with manufacturing of an active pharmaceutical ingredient used in the drug."

"It is important to note that there are other alternatives that can be used by patients," he added. "We are working with the manufacturer as well as other manufacturers to mitigate the shortage. We will do everything possible to mitigate the shortage."

Oddly, they don't list the drug. I'm sure it will come out shortly.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    A couple of years ago I purchased some sheets from Walmart that were manufactured in China. When I took them out of the package I found the largest bed bug I have ever seen. Luckily it was dead, but who knows what else they have included in other packages.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A couple of years ago I purchased some sheets from Walmart that were manufactured in China. When I took them out of the package I found the largest bed bug I have ever seen. Luckily it was dead, but who knows what else they have included in other packages.

Wow.

That was pretty... sheety.

:)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Damn, they just canceled baselworld (watch show) till next year due to coronavirus.
    This would be like them canceling SHOT Show.
    This is the main show yearly where all of the major manufacturers introduce their new watches for the year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom