• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Oops sorry yes TWO times happy birthday singing.

but I just follow the ingo method of pee on hands to clean them, then touch the lead ingot before eating. All is good!
    You can scrub them whilst peeing to increase the safety factor. I never thought about the lead ingot, maybe that’s better than a spritz of Roundup?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Hand sanitizer does MORE harm then good please do not use...

15201907-37877860-05f475c6915f5ebc7985b8c8057683c0185ad4fd-1200-1-1579604124-728-317c88a423-1579769150.jpg

A Teacher Did an Experiment to Show the Power of Handwashing, and You Can’t Stay Unimpressed

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Coming to a city near you.
    https://komonews.com/news/local/nor...ity-to-be-used-as-coronavirus-quarantine-site

Fire training facility near North Bend to be used as coronavirus quarantine site(not in Indiana...but we will end up with one)

NORTH BEND, Wash — The Washington State Patrol's Fire Training Academy near North Bend has been designated as a quarantine site for travelers coming from the Hubei Province in China, State Patrol said Wednesday.

Travelers without symptoms of coronavirus who have been in Hubei Province in the past two weeks will be placed under quarantine with daily monitoring by public health officials, according to Washington state Department of Health.

The purpose for the King County facility is for those who cannot self-quarantine at home, which will be the first option for travelers.

The reason there is not panic.

1.The information is not reaching people.This is actually true.I know people that have no clue this is even happening.It is hardly mentioned on social media,and if it is they say things like only in China,and that leave readers with the opinion that this is not going to impact the readers life.

2.If they do actually understand the news and that is is a pandemic.They have seen the horrors going on, they can not change how they view the world as they know it.It is called normalcy bias.70% of the entire population experience this during a disaster.Be it a hurricane,earth quake or a pandemic.

Normalcy Bias: is a belief people hold when there is a possibility of a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the likelihood of a disaster and its possible effects, because people believe that things will always function the way things normally have functioned. This may result in situations where people fail to adequately prepare themselves for disasters, and on a larger scale, the failure of governments to include the populace in its disaster preparations. About 70% of people reportedly display normalcy bias in disasters.

You have heard it on the news over and over.Wild fire tears apart a neighbor hood....the people " I can not believe this happened here" While standing in the ashes.It had never even occurred to them that it could happen.Even while standing in the ashes.They had a hard time wrapping their head around it ,the fact everything they thought was normal was gone.That it could and did already happen.

Then you have people who already have something or one to blame.
    Who despite understanding it is happening,want a mental reason of why it will not effect them.They find a piece of information that makes them feel safe.They research it more,based on the idea now in their head they are some how "safer" than some other group.

You can see the exact same thing happening in those who think it is only going to infect/kill some ethnic group,blood type...ect.

It makes them feel safer.The more that believe what they do the better they feel.They can accept the horror is happening,just not that it will happen to them.

Sadly another form of bias.

Then the reason people.

They already have something in mind to blame.Something like say a vaccines,but it could have been anything.Someone diet.Someone created a bio weapon.Some corporation.A government.Even climate change.As long as there is a reason they can wrap their head around,they will believe it.

Point being they think there is a reason it is happening,that they understand.It gives them someone to blame,making them feel superior,or safer because of the information they believe.It makes the disaster understandable to them.Most of this group are still in the 70% who can not comprehend the idea that it can happen in their life,where they live,or in there country ect.Still hanging on like 70% will do until they are the one standing in the ashes in shock(if they survive).

Last large group.
    Those who think someone or something will save them if anything bad happens they can not handle.
    Be it the government,a doctor they know,or a religion they believe in.
    Most will blame what they currently think is going to save them,when they see that it is not going to.Also most this group are in the 70% who have normalcy bias,but not all.

The rare group.The probably 2-5% understand they and they alone are responsible for taking action to assure their own survival.
    They do not need a reason this is happening.They understand it is though,and are mentally preparing for it.They are doing things in their life to prepare as best they can.They do not need to place blame anywhere,it is not going to help at all.There does not have to be a reason.It is a pandemic,and they would like to survive it.

We need more in that very small group.They can actually help each other.

I wrote this on another site.In three parts,slightly edited to put it here.
    I think we are in trouble.The world as a whole.I do not think this is something that will be "fixed" anytime soon.I think there are many huge changes that are going to come.
    Most will have almost no mental preparation to accept things are not going back to "normal"for either quite awhile,and possibly never.

Just my random thoughts I put into words trying to organize in my mind what I am dealing with currently,and what the future may look like.
    I really hope we some how dodge all of this.I hope to be wrong.

I think I am at the acceptance stage.Life,commerce,and most of what is normal is about to not be.There will be horror and death,not seen in any of our life times(unless you are in Wuhan).
    It feels odd,but peaceful.None of it will come as a shock to be.The news will not captivate me or my attention.My life will go on in a different way.I am taking this window and spending more
    time with friends and family.I am worried,but not scared or panicked.I am worried about everyone that can not or will not accept we are in a global pandemic,that will change everything.

You are all loved.Be well,be safe,and help each other when ever and where ever you can.

* Last edit.
    I do not think we are all going to die.I think the pandemic will kill maybe upward of 10%-30%.What happens during and after could bring the total to 10-50%.
    We will pick up the pieces.The world,I hope becomes a better place.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Let’s face it, outside of ZERO human interaction you’re probably going to become infected or come in contact with the infected. From there, you will either live or die. If this thing goes airborne, it will probably become close to an extinction level event, so gas up the zombie getters it’s time for the wild ride!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Zombies!!! :runaway:

Remember, the hardest part of a zombie apocalypse is trying not to giggle.

I went to my doctor's office this morning as I have had a bad soar throat for several days. Time for meds. When checking in on the electronic tablet, the first six questions concerned foreign travel, contact with others who traveled overseas, and the Corona virus.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Remember, the hardest part of a zombie apocalypse is trying not to giggle.

I went to my doctor's office this morning as I have had a bad soar throat for several days. Time for meds. When checking in on the electronic tablet, the first six questions concerned foreign travel, contact with others who traveled overseas, and the Corona virus.

Please tell me u listed Wuhan China as a recent place of travel. PLEASE

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I was at a CVS today.The pharmacist had the sniffles.

Can you imagine if a pharmacist was infected.......

Then of course I dumped a gallon of sanitizer over my head before getting in my car.

I almost ran over a zombie squirrel(animals are carriers apparently).I tried to swerve he tried to dodge...
    but somewhere in the middle my tire tried to introduce itself,not realizing the mindless creature did not know how to say hello to it.
    It was a close encounter,but neither my tire nor myself got to meet the zombie.

Upon return to the bunker with arms full of consumer goods it almost got the drop on me.I think it was the reflection that had me unaware....
    I admit my situational awareness was fairly low.Noise from plastic bags so heavy,there may have been a trickle of sweat fall.There I was....
    ready to proudly struggle with finding the key that would unlock safety once more...when the last 4 inch spot of ice found my foot.
    It was close.Closer than I like to admit,but it almost got me....blaaaa blaa blaa....inside once more.Safe.I decided to file an after action report on INGO.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Then of course I dumped a gallon of sanitizer over my head before getting in my car.

I almost ran over a zombie squirrel(animals are carriers apparently).I tried to swerve he tried to dodge...
    but somewhere in the middle my tire tried to introduce itself,not realizing the mindless creature did not know how to say hello to it.

Upon return to the bunker with arms full of consumer goods it almost got the drop on me.I think it was the reflection that had me unaware....
    I admit my situational awareness was fairly low.Noise from plastic bags so heavy,there may have been a trickle of sweat fall.There I was....
    ready to proudly struggle with finding the key that would unlock safety once more...when the last 4 inch spot of ice found my foot.
    It was close.Closer than I like to admit,but it almost got me....blaaaa blaa blaa....inside once more.Safe.I decided to file an after action report on INGO.

When I "sanitize" before getting into the car, I let it dry first so my car won't smell like pee. That and it"s hard to drive when my eyes are burning.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    When I "sanitize" before getting into the car, I let it dry first so my car won't smell like pee. That and it"s hard to drive when my eyes are burning.
    ...hmm now that I think about it,my eyes where burning a bit,and my vision was blurry.
    Maybe that is why i missed seeing the only ice anywhere on the side walk.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-cases-worldwide-nih-director-francis-collins-132255109.html

In a newly released interview, National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins warned that the coronavirus is spreading quickly, especially in China — where the outbreak has infected tens of thousands and disrupted stores and supply chains.
    “If you track the number of diagnoses worldwide, it is going up very steeply,” says Collins, one of the top-ranked U.S. officials focused on scientific research. “It's clearly transmitted from person to person, probably even when people aren't even symptomatic.”

Collins described the fast-spreading nature of the virus as “bad news” but noted that the death rate of the virus is low compared to that of SARS, a viral outbreak in China that occurred in 2002 and 2003. SARS had a death rate of 9.6% compared to 2.1% for coronavirus.

“The good news is its lethality seems to be a lot lower,” Collins said.

Still, Collins called the death rate “very troubling.” On Thursday, reports emerged that Li Wenliang, a Chinese doctor who sounded the alarm about the mysterious new illness, had died from the coronavirus.
    All in all, Collins downplayed the immediate threat to Americans, citing the so far limited spread of the virus in the U.S.
    “I think at the present time, there is no reason for considerable anxiety in America,” he says. “Americans ought to be a lot more worried about the flu than they are about coronavirus.”

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

So glad you could get this report out before retiring to the bathtub with your Pug, and Hipoint Carbine! Stay strong!

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I believe the disruption to supply chains will be more inconvenient for most of us then the actual death toll.

Sure, we can try to BUY USA, but how many parts are from China!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom