• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Has anyone seen a comprehensive state by state listing of travel restrictions on driving, or better yet a map? I have a snowbird sister in a high risk group trying to get home to the Adirondack area from Alabama soon

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Prior to 2005 I worked in a factory in Indianapolis. We actually had a rumor committee that met at 2:30 PM on Fridays. We suggested new rumors to start, and went over the success or failure of the prior week's rumor. Then planned and refined the next rumor and settled on the path of the implementation. Our largest concern was how many of our rumors came to pass as truth.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    My family has been doing essential travel for over a week now. Home to work, work to home. Groceries twice I think.

As have most reasonable people; I suspect and hope that most of us on INGO take a similarly serious view of the situation.

My son, a high school student, has been doing his online school work in the morning and working in a small automotive electrical shop in the afternoons. Unfortunately, much of their customer base are school corporations. They had a short run earlier this week of schools getting deferred work done on some of their maintenance vehicles. However, that work has dried up, and there have been no hours for him yesterday or today, or likely tomorrow. And he isn't relying on the hours to feed a family, either.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'll never say never, but cops and soldiers just can't keep secrets like this. Also, huge disruption for not much gain.

Again, the goal was never "0" spread. Welcome to the concept of "acceptable loss".

What we will likely see is a "essential travel only" order. Food, other necessary supplies, work, medical care- other than that, stay put.
    I have also reached the (provisional) conclusion that these kinds of "lockdown" contingencies depend on civil unrest. If everyone just keeps getting along, then that contingency won't get triggered.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    With elderly family members a mile away my wife has been worried about travel restrictions. I have reasured her that enforcement won't stop us from getting food to them.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    If we count Home Depot and Menards as "essential", yeah, me too.

If it keeps you from running the streets! :):

Since we are holed up in our homes, home maintenance and home improvement have taken on increased importance. I will have to head to Home Depot this afternoon and get toilet parts.

Oldgunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    GPS signal lost
    If we count Home Depot and Menards as "essential", yeah, me too.

In California where they have already implemented a "lockdown", the list of essentials includes hardware stores, plumbers, electricians, etc.

Honestly, outside of church and the office,99% of my travel was to "essentials" (as they've defined them) BEFORE the pandemic.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    People haven't reached this level of desperate yet

ETkH0lGXYAMtOhS

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    My wife works in healthcare and she says announcements possibly today and a lockdown 24-48 hours thereafter. Workers are getting check point cards so they can travel as necessary personnel. This is through a co-worker who knows someone who works in the Governor's office.

Sigh...who's manning the "checkpoints"? Nat Guard isn't mobilizing any troops and we at the PD haven't been told about this.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Even if what you clam is wrong, partially wrong or just theory? How do you know what you're posting is accurate and not fake news driven by TDS?

I try to check sources of the information. If no source is given i try to find one. I also look at the language in the information. The language used is often a sign of rather I am reading facts or opinions. I will pick apart an article to see past the language and look for just facts presented. Then look for the source of those facts. Did I just read a propaganda or hit piece,with a few or partial facts? What where the actual facts presented? Where did those facts come from?

Take the study I posted a few days ago about how effective malaria drugs where. I questioned posting it. I questioned how reliable it was because I could not find the paper on any science based forum or journal. I left it on ingo as it was very hopeful information. I did more digging though. I found the wired article that showed the claimed author did not write the paper. That the entire thing was authored and written by unknown persons and placed online.When I found the article a day later showing it was false information,and the denial from the supposed author I posted that information as well.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    Got “essential” personal papers from work today...

From what I understand we will possibly be needing these after Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom