• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Well I don’t know what to think, doom and gloom or hope? Lots of conflicting information. I think this is serious, way worse than the flu, but I don’t believe the worst case scenarios will come to pass. Why? Because we, as a people seem to thrive on a challenge. I just watched Apollo 13 and feel recharged. Apples to oranges I know, but still a serious and deadly problem that was solved. America has the great advantage of a lot of smart independent people who don’t wait for government direction. Even today I think that is true. We are not Italy, we are not Spain, we are not Europe, and we are not China. We will prevail. There will be tougher times than now, but this is not the end of man kind or end of the country apocalypse. Just my opinion.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    So...
    Everyone ready for the second wave?
    Xe0PWJT.gif

We’re through the first one? LOL

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I am grateful to have multiple sources of information being posted here. I find this thread much more useful than anything I have seen from the MSM in general let alone a single source.

This is the truth for me too. This place gives me more information or leads to information than anyplace else.
    There are lots of voices on MSM that I will not listen to so this is especially valuable.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Can’t imagine how Trump missed including you as part of his team. That group is clearly suffering from not having the most intelligent person on the planet with them. 

I would support Trump as best I could honestly. In the same way Dr. Fauci does. With facts.

Which I think is the responsible thing to do. Reinforcing someones opinion because you have the same opinion has nothing to do with facts.

I knew Trump did not have a clue when I watched him at the NIH. He did not understand why the flu vaccine did not stop covid-19 and had to be walked through what a virus was,and why the flu vaccine did not have any effect on covid-19.He also did not understand the difference between a vaccine and a therapy drug,and Dr. Fauci explains it to him. It was actually shocking to me. But yes if I worked for Trump I would have done the same.

[video=youtube;dEmbJo2_Y-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEmbJo2_Y-I[/video]

Skip to 39:64 To understand what I am talking about.
    [video=youtube;fbViuyIOBr4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbViuyIOBr4[/video]

Trump simply did not understand what this is and the impact it would have. It is not has been part of his life experience,or a topic he had interest in. I do not fault him for it,but am thankful he has advisers who do understand it. He is learning which is a good thing.

Just to be clear I have supported Trump since before he was elected,based in large part to my political beliefs. I have defended him on quite a few occasions in the last 2 months alone.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I remember talking to my grandfather about WW2, he was a tool maker when Pearl Harbor happened. He went to the induction center to enlist but was told he had a more important job, he helped convert various civilian manufacturers in the mid west into war equipment plants. I remember him saying that these places were converted from making things like metal caskets to mortars very quickly as everybody was highly motivated. Maybe some of that will happen with the ventilators.

I can’t imagine being a factory worker, working on a line making widgets. Not to demean it’s importance, just meaning that the repetitive work is NOT for me.

That being said, I’m one hell of an American. IF I was on a line, and they asked me change up the plant and build ventilators or whatever, I’d rock out ‘til I clocked out...

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I was thinking the same thing. It is amazing how Trumps team doesnt understand this, however he does.

At first I did read his post, then moved to just lightly skimming. Now, I will catch the most outlandish statements while skimming. I guess I will just place on ignore.

Do what you want.
    Just don't be like this cat.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I was thinking the same thing. It is amazing how Trumps team doesnt understand this, however he does.

At first I did read his post, then moved to just lightly skimming. Now, I will catch the most outlandish statements while skimming. I guess I will just place on ignore.

What part of anything that I said is outlandish?

You know what. What ever you believe for what ever reason does not even matter.

I use logic and reason. I follow the science of this and have for months. I have read probably 300+ scientific papers on covid-19 in the last 2 months.

I pick apart each one for facts and data,and where those facts and data came from.

Honestly I am tired. On an average day I sleep around 4-6 hours. In the last two months it has been more like 2-4,with some days being zero. Why? To better understand
    what is happening and why.

You can ignore me. You can mock me. You can even joke about me quitting MESA because of the democrats running it and turning it into a dating service.

What you are not going to do is understand this as well as I do.Because you have not taken the time to learn.

I have no political investment in my opinions. I understand the consequences of this and have far better than most that work for the president.

I mentioned things about the impact on supply lines. That life as you knew it was over back on 2/6/2020. I was not wrong.

I tried to get others to prepare for what was coming. Now it is here.

If you think you can do better than I have show me. Prove to me your opinion is anything more than just that an opinion.

You being locked in your house proves mine correct and so does the science.
    :twocents:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I can’t imagine being a factory worker, working on a line making widgets. Not to demean it’s importance, just meaning that the repetitive work is NOT for me.

That being said, I’m one hell of an American. IF I was on a line, and they asked me change up the plant and build ventilators or whatever, I’d rock out ‘til I clocked out...

What you've described, doesn't describe a tool maker.
    Tool makers are the ones that actually create, and maintain, the production line.
    Parts that have to be cut, rolled, stamped, welded, or whatever.. that machinery doesn't just get pulled out of thin air by a magician.
    The machinery is created by tool makers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What you've described, doesn't describe a tool maker.
    Tool makers are the ones that actually create, and maintain, the production line.
    Parts that have to be cut, rolled, stamped, welded, or whatever.. that machinery doesn't just get pulled out of thin air by a magician.
    The machinery is created by tool makers.

Bingo.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    There seems to be some disconnect.

960x0.jpg

I learned from another poster part of why this was. We have things like private surgery centers that where not counted in what I posted.
    Your post states critical care beds as well which is an apple to oranges comparison. It not the same as total number of beds.

It is interesting how by what you posted we seem to have the most capacity on earth in our ICU system,but I am not sure that is the reality.
    I have not had time to deep dive the studies and find out what information they included. Either the one I posted or the one you just did.

There are data point in both studies. I was trying to point out I thought some other countries medical systems might handle this better than ours.

I do not feel that thought is incorrect,but data may prove me wrong.

Thank you for sharing the article.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    :chillout::whistle::lol2::hooked::popcorn:I enjoy all the opinions. I was helped to check my preps in time. There were a couple of things I had neglected, but got them straight. I fought the battle trying to get some older friends with resources to make a few provisions that would have been easy for them. People have their minds made up till reality smacks them. Then they go through denial, etc. It is a slow process. It would be great if everyone was on the same page and right. I haven't met very many people in my life that are right. My favorite thing to say to people when they have it really wrong is, "You need to get your mind right." So, guys be ducks and let it roll off, be turtles and use your shells while not getting in a hurry. Show yourself friendly weather you agree or not with each other's faults. I'm not always right and am never stupid enough to not apologize quickly.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What part of anything that I said is outlandish?

You know what. What ever you believe for what ever reason does not even matter.

I use logic and reason. I follow the science of this and have for months. I have read probably 300+ scientific papers on covid-19 in the last 2 months.

I pick apart each one for facts and data,and where those facts and data came from.

Honestly I am tired. On an average day I sleep around 4-6 hours. In the last two months it has been more like 2-4,with some days being zero. Why? To better understand
    what is happening and why.

You can ignore me. You can mock me. You can even joke about me quitting MESA because of the democrats running it and turning it into a dating service.

What you are not going to do is understand this as well as I do.Because you have not taken the time to learn.

I have no political investment in my opinions. I understand the consequences of this and have far better than most that work for the president.

I mentioned things about the impact on supply lines. That life as you knew it was over back on 2/6/2020. I was not wrong.

I tried to get others to prepare for what was coming. Now it is here.

If you think you can do better than I have show me. Prove to me your opinion is anything more than just that an opinion.

You being locked in your house proves mine correct and so does the science.
    :twocents:
    Not to mention you hiked the Appalachian Trail in 5 months.

Listen here’s the deal where I’m at. I do appreciate what you have to offer but I’m afraid the message gets drowned out by the blowing of your own horn sometimes.

You seem to be seeking accolades for your endeavors and it tends to rub some people the wrong way IMO.

Just an observation. Carry on.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    There is a lot of good info in here.
    There is a lot of opinions in here.

We can all have them and not be treated poorly.

:popcorn:
    ^^^^^
    This; when I was told that I needed to be "educated" because I held a different economic view, I decided it was better to be quieter. Some people don't recognize that their opinions are, in fact, opinions.

Those of us on INGO are generally working to common ends: increased knowledge and awareness and protecting gun rights. Some of us have different views, but we are all here to learn and share collectively and in a collegial manner.

Or, it gets the hammer! :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom