Dec 9, 2011

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    No. However, look for states to follow the fed's lead, generally.

No. Trump is actually forcing states to utilize... well... Federalism. He is supporting them, has gathered experts to help analyze and provide guidance, is supplying money for various things and helping to get testing and other supplies, but for the most part, he expects governors to govern their own states.

Related: America’s Tradition of Federalism Leaves Progressives Puzzled
    Ok. That's what I thought but I figured someone on here would know for sure.

Thanks.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have read many studies on coivid-19. I have seen clinical cases. The numbers do not support what you are saying. Of those in the ER 1.4% where daily smokers in China,with over 50% of men in China listed as daily smokers. Seems the opposite may be true in clinical case studies as far being a smoker. Meaning it may have less impact on that group. If you have a study of clinical cases or a study showing this impacts smokers I would like you to post it. From what I have read it is not the case.

Just one example.
    https://www.thelancet.com/action/showPdf?pii=S2213-2600(20)30117-X

Even in Italy smoking has not even made the list of comorbitities.
    https://www.epicentro.iss.it/coronavirus/bollettino/Report-COVID-2019_20_marzo_eng.pdf

Again. I am just asking for evidence,or more precisely how you came to the opinion smokers where more vulnerable?

Something you should question about your cite. Would the doctors in China and Italy even know if a patient was a smoker? Is it included in their medical records over there? Does China even have individual medical records? Because if they're in the ICU, chances are they weren't interviewing them that extensively

The low numbers for smokers might just indicate data that wasn't captured or thought germane

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom