• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ya our company was sent a letter from the DoD stating we are “essential”. We make tooling for aircraft... not what I would consider essential at the moment

We go down in Ohio midnight tonight. Reading the governor's proclamation, it looks like people considered essential lean pretty heavily toward those who make 'stuff'. People considered eesential that provide service are pretty heavily skewed towards medical/pharmacy and providing consumers consumables (grocery, gas stations , hardware etc)

Perhaps a lesson for those attempting to make a job as a barista into a career rather than a stepping stone. We need to get back to making stuff

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If you mean it's a long road ahead, I agree, but the country can absolutely decide to do this in the blink of an eye and elect politicians to actually do it. I'm really hope that's what we see in November and I'm really hoping the .gov keeps their word for once and gets us off the Chinese teat.

How do politicians turn a nation's economy from services based to based upon something else?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I really do hope that we will all campaign for "build it in the USA" when this is all over. Might have to fire some CEO's and board members to get it done.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    That’s exactly how I approached it… I seem to be healthy right now… Why come out and risk it?

:yesway: If it isn't critical, then you don't need to risk being Typhoid Tbhausen if you are asymptomatic or picking it up there.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Our positive rate went from 4% last week to 16% today. Indy southside.
    Is there a link you can provide. I have been trying to locate the number of tests administered in Indiana other than the numbers reported to ISDH, or at least breaks the total tests from them by county.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In other numbers-news, today might be the worst day yet for reported death toll. Could approach 200.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Ok government: let's talk.

You shut down the entire economy and ruin the financial lives of tens of millions over concern for loss of life and to stop our medical system from being overwhelmed. Fine.

Smoking kills 400,000 per year and overwhelms our medical system. Yet it's legal. If you want us to believe you care then ban it today. What's the worst that can happen? Are you afraid black market "unsafe" cigarettes will pop up? Or are you afraid they will be "untaxed" and you won't get revenue from them? Cigarettes are basically an inheritance tax on those under the threshold.

Smoking makes your odds of dying from this virus MUCH higher. So we can't run our economy but we CAN buy cigarettes. Asses.

I am getting tired of our overlords.

I have read many studies on coivid-19. I have seen clinical cases. The numbers do not support what you are saying. Of those in the ER 1.4% where daily smokers in China,with over 50% of men in China listed as daily smokers. Seems the opposite may be true in clinical case studies as far being a smoker. Meaning it may have less impact on that group. If you have a study of clinical cases or a study showing this impacts smokers I would like you to post it. From what I have read it is not the case.

Just one example.
    https://www.thelancet.com/action/showPdf?pii=S2213-2600(20)30117-X

Even in Italy smoking has not even made the list of comorbitities.
    https://www.epicentro.iss.it/coronavirus/bollettino/Report-COVID-2019_20_marzo_eng.pdf

Again. I am just asking for evidence,or more precisely how you came to the opinion smokers where more vulnerable?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom