• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Yup. The way it spreads is when you start breathing in air that other people have used already.

The masks can be very helpful but if they do not fit perfectly they don't prevent you from breathing in unfiltered air. It is harder to fit them perfectly than many people realize.
    One doctor said the main thing a mask does is keep you from unconsciously touching near your mouth/nose area.

It really isn't rocket surgery. Watch a YouTube video or two on how to properly put on *and* remove masks. Practice it a couple of times.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    FWIW

"NBA star Rudy Gobert says he's suffering from some awful side effects of the Coronavirus ... claiming he's lost his sense of both taste AND smell since his diagnosis."

https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/23/rudy-gobert-sense-of-smell-coronavirus-nba-diagnosis/

There is some information circulating that changes to senses of smell and taste may be early indicators of CoVid19 infection (in some people) prior to the appearance of more common symptoms. Some people apparently present with gastrointestinal issues as the first indication. Have not read anything purporting to tell whether changes to sense of taste is caused by loss of sense of smell or is a separate effect

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of either NY or Cuomo, but they're accounting for about 1/4 of the US fatalities from this. Their desperation makes sense, so I can't really criticize their response.

(The rhetoric, though, pretty much sucks.)

They want the focus of all US efforts to be on them. I get that desire. But that doesn't make it the right thing for us, as a nation.

They're free to sue their buddies in China for damages, in Chinese courts

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I pray you never have to personally find out why some lives are more important than others

Not looking at the big picture is a great way for more people to die and for even more people's lives to be ruined.

It's not about "importance" or "value" of one life over another. It's about realizing that everyone is not going to make it and making the tough calls with that in mind.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I have my regular appointment with my primary care physician at a rural office this Wednesday. I called in and expressed concern about being among potentially sick people (or me or any of the staff being sick and not knowing it yet), and they offered the option to consult via video. Needless to say, I took it.

The one thing I didn’t do before all this stuff started was get my hair cut. Clippers on order… I’ll be learning to do that myself. Who gives a rat’s ass if I screw it up?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I get it. But if they are going to wield this sort of power to "save lives" than do it where it will do more good. It essentially proves they are lying dicks and there's other intentions at play, both in blocking our economy AND allowing smoking.

Doc, those smokers will still die either way. So will the 88000 or so alcohol related fatalities. Their is a distinction, they're trying to intervene to prevent a huge increment to the list of who will die. There is a need to have the discussion about collateral damage, but the 'let them eat cake' attitude is wearing a little thin. The smokers have years to turn away from death, the CoVid19 people have much less control of their destination

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I have my regular appointment with my primary care physician at a rural office this Wednesday. I called in and expressed concern about being among potentially sick people, and they offered the option to consult via video. Needless to say, I took it.

The one thing I didn’t do before all this stuff started was get my hair cut. Clippers on order… I’ll be learning to do that myself. Who gives a rats ass if I screw it up?

My wife has cut my hair for years. The job has gotten considerably easier and takes time to do as the years have gone by.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I have my regular appointment with my primary care physician at a rural office this Wednesday. I called in and expressed concern about being among potentially sick people (or me or any of the staff being sick and not knowing it yet), and they offered the option to consult via video. Needless to say, I took it.

The one thing I didn’t do before all this stuff started was get my hair cut. Clippers on order… I’ll be learning to do that myself. Who gives a rat’s ass if I screw it up?

235yq4.jpg

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Im so confused at this order... There are so many things that remain open so what was the point besides wasted time and resource? Pretty much same as it was before.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Mine’s pretty much a buzz-cut at this point. Gotta see the silver lining, right?

edit: think pretty much the opening scenes of “Full Metal Jacket”.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Assuming health care facilities are staffed for "normal" demand or even a little less (hence the backlogs and wait times) anything that deviates from "normal" causes stress to the system. Now there are two deviations at work.
    One - some people are staying home and not seeking care for elective surgery, therapy, routine treatments or minor symptoms.
    Two - more people are seeking care for COVID-19 symptoms and probably more people are coming in with flu symptoms than previously because they don't know if it is flu or COVID-19.

When some percentage of people do need care for COVID-19 that care tends to be long term, intensive and more difficult to deliver because of the contagious nature of the virus.

It sounds like some areas are underwhelmed by a lack of patients and other areas are getting overwhelmed by too many patients. The areas that are overwhelmed now could be in serious trouble if the demand increases exponentially as many predict. The areas that are underwhelmed should probably be thankful.

And the market will be unable to efficiently allocate resources, the areas that have minimal CoVid19 cases and excess hospital capacity will certainly not want cases shipped into their areas from the overwhelmed locations

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

I'm on the phone at this exact moment to cancel my regular check up with my Doc that was scheduled for Friday. Hell no!

Also... I've been taking my hair down to 1/8" with clippers for 15 years now. Best hair cut I've ever had and the price is right!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom