Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Most likely it would play out by not being pulled over at all, unless for some other reason.

LE/NG would have other issues and be spread out pretty thin.

But, generally, an emergency is an emergency. If you aren't doing something "essential" (or at least have a decent cover story), then you probably shouldn't be going out.

Freedom does include the freedom to do something not-smart, though. Like going for a driving tour during a pandemic.

Actually, Carmel’s mayor specifically mentioned going for a drive as one of the things allowed in his video, just to get out of the house or whatever. Mentioned you can’t get out of the car, but could go for a drive.

eta https://youtu.be/gU2B-cq2Uro
    link to his video

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Most likely it would play out by not being pulled over at all, unless for some other reason.

LE/NG would have other issues and be spread out pretty thin.

But, generally, an emergency is an emergency. If you aren't doing something "essential" (or at least have a decent cover story), then you probably shouldn't be going out.

Freedom does include the freedom to do something not-smart, though. Like going for a driving tour during a pandemic.

For what it is worth, I am "essential," by driving people to & from medical appointments.

But I hate the idea of being pulled over and asked for, "Papers please."

99% of the time I myself would probably comply, but if someone came up to me with just the wrong tone/attitude and I was in the just wrong attitude, I might(?) just demand my lawyer before answering any questions.

I try to be nice all the time, but sometimes... no.:)

Regards,

Doug

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Well, I'll politely disagree with you on a limited basis.

We aren't getting (at least I haven't found) the numbers on hospitalizations/critical care. With that, we could better triangulate on overall infections and deaths, and do better modeling. In the absence of that, armed only with the 2 dimensional numbers they're giving us (infections and deaths), we kinda have to make due.

And again, it is worth mentioning that I have no illusion about the numbers being accurate. It is just the numbers that we are being provided.

Yes. I don't think we disagree that much at all. Given the numbers we have, infections and deaths, we don't really know much. I'm just stating the number of deaths at this point is particularly uninformative as far as risk assessment goes.
    The number of infections without any further information about care level required is also pretty uninformative but I agree it is the best we have(or the best I can find anyhow).

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

That is why we need to do stuff now, like stay at home to stop the spread, even if we don't like it and feel our constitutional rights are being stomped on by the evil people telling us to help the situation.
    The more we do now the less we pay later.

I'm sure many people will claim the right to do whatever they want or go wherever they want and I can't help but agree with them. I just wonder how smart that really is.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, nothing new, other than the licensing hiatus. Doubled down on the please stay at home. Other general statesman phrases pertinent to difficult times. He did repeatedly mention the laudable action of our neighbors Ohio and Illinois, specifically the mandated restrictions.

Carry on, carry on.

EDIT: apparently I missed it. Holcomb HAS ISSUED a shelter in place order for Indiana. The order goes into effect Wednesday.

Must have been when I got up for coffee.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is why we need to do stuff now, like stay at home to stop the spread, even if we don't like it and feel our constitutional rights are being stomped on by the evil people telling us to help the situation.

I'm sure many people will claim the right to do whatever they want or go wherever they want and I can't help but agree with them. I just wonder how smart that really is.

I see all sides here. Really do.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, nothing new, other than the licensing hiatus. Doubled down on the please stay at home. Other general statesman phrases pertinent to difficult times. He did repeatedly mention the laudable action of our neighbors Ohio and Illinois, specifically the mandated restrictions.

Carry on, carry on.

EDIT: apparently I missed it. Holcomb HAS ISSUED a shelter in place order for Indiana.

Other than the "stay-at-home" order, yeah, not much new.

:rolleyes:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

We’re all critical in our own minds.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I think the thing we have to keep in mind is that after being exposed to the virus, you can walk around transmitting it for a week or more before you have symptoms. There are thousands of people walking around right now who don't know they have it, and if we don't break the chain, it will continue to spread exponentially.

Yes, rights are important. You have the right to be sick if you want to. But if there is a possibility that you could infect tens or potentially hundreds of others by exercising your rights, I believe the greater good has to prevail.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN

Carry on, carry on.

EDIT: apparently I missed it. Holcomb HAS ISSUED a shelter in place order for Indiana. The order goes into effect Wednesday.

There's still a lot of places that will stay open, due to being "essential". I've never felt essential before...

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    There's still a lot of places that will stay open, due to being "essential". I've never felt essential before...
    Ya our company was sent a letter from the DoD stating we are “essential”. We make tooling for aircraft... not what I would consider essential at the moment

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom