Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So how will health officials classify this guy's death? Will he be lumped in among those who died from Coronavirus?

‘Gomer Pyle’ actor Forrest Compton dead at 94 from coronavirus complications: reports

I mean, he was 94. A heavy rain probably could have killed him. While sad, I can't help but wonder if including deaths like this in the overall fatality count do more to gin up fear than anything else.

I’d count it as corona. I mean, he probably wouldn’t have died if he didn’t become infected, right? Unless he had cancer and was expected to die, I’d say it is a corona death for sure.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I have no idea where you get your assertions, but when data is available so easily, you should be more careful.

View attachment 85892
    Those numbers do not match the chart numbers(not by a huge margin). So ok what where they 14 days ago,or 19 days ago?
    I was off on the 10 day number but not by much.

Point being 3 weeks ago no one even thought it was an issue in Indiana,and it already was.

I am not wasting my time arguing about the number of counties on what date.

Do what you like. I am not responsible for you or your behavior or safety. Honestly at this point I am starting to not care at all about those still in denial.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Those numbers do not match the chart numbers(not by a huge margin). So ok what where they 14 days ago,or 19 days ago?

Point being 3 weeks ago no one even thought it was an issue in Indiana,and it already was.

Do what you like. I am not responsible for you or your behavior or safety. Honestly at this point I am starting to not care at all about those still in denial.
    Actually the day 10 number you said 6 counties had it. I count over 50 :):

And don’t get upset, I know alpo isn’t in denial and isn’t attacking you, he’s just posting what the numbers showed on that day.

We all believe it’s real, believe it’s bad, and believe it needs action taken. We just have different opinions on how bad, and what actions. That’s a good discussion to have, IMO

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So how will health officials classify this guy's death? Will he be lumped in among those who died from Coronavirus?

‘Gomer Pyle’ actor Forrest Compton dead at 94 from coronavirus complications: reports

I mean, he was 94. A heavy rain probably could have killed him. While sad, I can't help but wonder if including deaths like this in the overall fatality count do more to gin up fear than anything else.

There is some good news in the sad passing of this actor I have never heard of but likely may recognize of pointed out. That is that the media is having to dig this deep to find "celebrities" to write about C-10 deaths...

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Actually the day 10 number you said 6 counties had it. I count over 50 :):

And don’t get upset, I know alpo isn’t in denial and isn’t attacking you, he’s just posting what the numbers showed on that day.

We all believe it’s real, believe it’s bad, and believe it needs action taken. We just have different opinions on how bad, and what actions. That’s a good discussion to have, IMO
    I am not upset,but I am starting to care less about people who can not accept things like shutting down the economy where for a good reason.

It is not worth arguing about honestly. Either they understand it or they do not. I no longer care to try to persuade someone no matter their opinion,if they where going to
    take this more seriously they already would have.

Today the media seem to be acting like this is almost over. I am not even going to argue the other side anymore.

I alone am responsible for my well being,and have known that for months(when it came to covid-19).

I choose to take this seriously. If someone does not it is their choice to make. I just hope like me they can accept the responsibility of their choices.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County

Because one may not agree with you 100% does not mean anyone is in denial. I am glad you do not feel responsible for anyone's behavior and safety.

Your posts are appreciated by many. I am sorry you feel it is your way or no way......collectively it is all good.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I’d count it as corona. I mean, he probably wouldn’t have died if he didn’t become infected, right? Unless he had cancer and was expected to die, I’d say it is a corona death for sure.

He's 94. Until an official cause of death is determined, how can we say for certain it was Corona? Maybe he just died because he was old and he just happened to be positive. Not saying that's the case, but when I see "complications from Corona" it makes me raise an eyebrow. Plenty of examples of this wishy-washy classification throughout the thread.

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    He's 94. Until an official cause of death is determined, how can we say for certain it was Corona? Maybe he just died because he was old and he just happened to be positive. Not saying that's the case, but when I see "complications from Corona" it makes me raise an eyebrow. Plenty of examples of this wishy-washy classification throughout the thread.
    Eh, ya, I see what you’re saying. Like maybe he was gonna die today even if he didn’t have it. That’s a tough one I’m not sure we’ll ever be able to find out. I’m sure covid didn’t help his systems ability to fight health issues, especially being 94 his body needs a 100% immune system functioning. That’s a tough one. I’d still say it’s covid 19 “related”, maybe not the “cause” of death tho. Idk tricky

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Eh, ya, I see what you’re saying. Like maybe he was gonna die today even if he didn’t have it. That’s a tough one I’m not sure we’ll ever be able to find out. I’m sure covid didn’t help his systems ability to fight health issues, especially being 94 his body needs a 100% immune system functioning. That’s a tough one. I’d still say it’s covid 19 “related”, maybe not the “cause” of death tho. Idk tricky

Based on the new CDC guidelines it would appear dying in a tragic skydiving accident is to be labeled as a COVID death if the deceased tests positive after they scrape him off the grass.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Because one may not agree with you 100% does not mean anyone is in denial. I am glad you do not feel responsible for anyone's behavior and safety.

Your posts are appreciated by many. I am sorry you feel it is your way or no way......collectively it is all good.

"I think we are in trouble.The world as a whole.I do not think this is something that will be "fixed" anytime soon.I think there are many huge changes that are going to come.
    Most will have almost no mental preparation to accept things are not going back to "normal"for either quite awhile,and possibly never.

Just my random thoughts I put into words trying to organize in my mind what I am dealing with currently,and what the future may look like.
    I really hope we some how dodge all of this.I hope to be wrong.

I am at the acceptance stage.Life,commerce,and most of what is normal is about to not be."

I posted that(and more) back in the original coronavirus thread on 2/6/2020.
    61 days ago. At this point I feel like someone either accepts what is happening or they will never accept it. That they have a grasp on exponential spread or they never will.

If they still think this is just the flu I honestly do not know what I can do to help. I have posted some of the science. Shared my opinion.

Those I have helped actually prepare I feel great about,those I have failed I just have to cut loose at this point.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Based on the new CDC guidelines it would appear dying in a tragic skydiving accident is to be labeled as a COVID death if the deceased tests positive after they scrape him off the grass.

Rep sent...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

The problem is not a question of denying whether we have a serious medical issue. The problem is inaccurate data and cavalier use of facts. You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The problem is not a question of denying whether we have a serious medical issue. The problem is inaccurate data and cavalier use of facts. You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.
    Great point. I should have checked for the exact date Indiana only had 6 counties with cases.
    I am not upset you pointed it out at all,and you where right to. I was wrong about the date for sure,but not by much.

With this for some reason weeks seem to feel like years. I am sure I am not the only one that feels that way. What was true a month ago seems years ago,and what was true about life 3 months ago seems a lifetime ago.

I will try to not be one who uses facts cavalier like. I have not made that mistake often in life,so thank you for pointing it out.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Cool. I think we all would like "truth"....but it's early in the life cycle of this disease and the HMF'sWIC don't have a handle on it yet.

As with everyone else, I'm hunkering down and await better information.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

It's kind of a matter of granularity. When you get COVID-19 it attacks your lungs and destroys some ability to process oxygen. Your system fights back and the fight causes your lungs to fill with fluid which is pneumonia. The pneumonia further reduces your lungs ability to function and process oxygen. So when you die was it the COVID-19 (yes) or was it pneumonia (yes) or was it oxygen deprivation (yes). I don't see any problem naming COVID-19 as the cause of death, YMMV.

If you want to take it to the most basic level, you could say nobody dies from cancer either but rather from organ failure or some underlying failure which can get as granular as you want - from body level to organ level to cellular level to molecular level.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom