• Status
    Not open for further replies.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Journos are losing their **** about the "My Pillow" guy speaking with Trump.

Those journos are spending their time on twitter, *****ing about this, providing nothing to society...

The My Pillow guy is making 50,000 masks a day, doing what he can to help fight the virus.

It is humorous to watch.

Not being a Twit myself, what are they all upset about?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You guys know that the Rat Fink Pinko Commie Bastard Press loves Rat Fink Pinko Commie Bastard Cuomo which is why they get alone so well. He doesn't have to deal with the absolutely obscure questions and constant yelling and bickering that Trump has to put up with.

Rat Fink Pinko Commie Bastard Cuomo gets all the powderpuff questions and well mannered Rat Fink Pinko Commie Bastard Press.

Yeah, they should ask someone from the other 96% of New York State what they think of him. He thinks NYC is NY state. Not 1/10 the man and politician Mario was (didn't care for him much, either)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not being a Twit myself, what are they all upset about?

few quotes from some "verified accounts", so essentially journos.

Jamie O'Grady said:
    Are you ****ing kidding me, HE HAS THE MY PILLOW GUY ON TO SELL HIS GARBAGE PRODUCT DURING A PANDEMIC BRIEFING???!!!

Tom Nichols said:
    Well, imagine my relief that the My Pillow guy is on the job

Ali Velshi said:
    Trump just called the “My Pillow” guy up to the podium in the Rose Garden. You cannot make this stuff up

Because of this

EUY76VZUwAE4Hqs

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In the words of Ronnie RayGuns:

Trust, but verify.

The information we get today is no more reliable than the information pre-internet. There is just more of it. Underneath it all, someone, somewhere might have the truth. With search engines, some wannabe historian will find that nugget of clarity....but generally, months AFTER the fact, and say "See, I told you."

There were early signs that this might be a significant world-wide event from a lot of sources. And some of those sources were right on. But, even those sources put out a lot of **** at the same time they put out good info. No one has been perfect. A similar crisis and warning existed in 2008. I remember thinking that the Bay Area might possibly end up like the slums of Rio de Janeiro and cautioned friends in that area to prep. I was wrong, and I'm certainly glad I was.

In the end, the words don't mean as much as the data. We know that most of what we read isn't correct....even when coming from our side of the fence. The data? It is under-reported, over-reported, misrepresented, etc. But, the numbers at least provide a basis upon which to develop an action plan.

I'm not sure you went far enough. The data is so spotty and incomplete and/or inappropriate that it is like having an 1/8 mile radar gun speed reading on a car at the drag strip, and the ET through the traps, and then claiming they can derive the horsepower and torque curves of the engine and aerodynamic coefficient of the car from that. The math looks pretty but it is GIGO. The focus on worst case scenarios is also a bit wearing. The T.Lex method has some validity for spotting trends in the broad sense, whether steepening or flattening the curves, but extrapolation to specifics from there is futile. It is the comparison of the change in flawed data over time that eliminates some systematic errors, but it is still flawed data. If people want to extrapolate trends into specifics, hopefully let let pros manage their portfolios

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Don't forget about the thousands of ventilators that were discovered in a cuomo warehouse... just sitting there. Before he begged for 30,000 more from the gubmint.
    Either he knew they were there and he is an butt or he didn't know they were there and he is an incompetent butt.

He has since admitted they were there and said they weren't being used because the hospitals didn't need them yet, and that he needed his 30000 for when the disease reached its projected (worst case) peak. If he was comparing his actual numbers to his worst case projections on the way up (in order to assess the validity of said worst case projections) I am unaware of it. To me he looks more like a textbook progressive 'somebody should give me the health care I want for free'

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'm not sure you went far enough. The data is so spotty and incomplete and/or inappropriate that it is like having an 1/8 mile radar gun speed reading on a car at the drag strip, and the ET through the traps, and then claiming they can derive the horsepower and torque curves of the engine and aerodynamic coefficient of the car from that. The math looks pretty but it is GIGO. The focus on worst case scenarios is also a bit wearing. The T.Lex method has some validity for spotting trends in the broad sense, whether steepening or flattening the curves, but extrapolation to specifics from there is futile. It is the comparison of the change in flawed data over time that eliminates some systematic errors, but it is still flawed data. If people want to extrapolate trends into specifics, hopefully let let pros manage their portfolios

Agree. I look at INGO info and occasionally the links provided. I look WaPo charts and WTHR Ch13 covid reports and charts. But I don't obsess over the data. I stay home, follow my normal old man routine and keep my house warden from going out shopping like she normally did every day.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    few quotes from some "verified accounts", so essentially journos.

Because of this

EUY76VZUwAE4Hqs

Seems to me that a US company that is helping out should get some praise. But, I don't hate America like they do, so...

I also decided to Google to see if their stuff is US made (and it appears it is) and THIS was the first thing that came up when I searched them... the responses to that tweet are also cancer.

So, Business Week decided they needed to call the guy a crackhead while he's at the white house doing something good for the country. Isn't this actually someone we should be supporting? Guy sobered up, turned himself around, and is now pitching in.

The article BW linked actually paints that picture, but the Tweet certainly doesn't. Scumbags...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We know these people rely on their staff members. Can’t expect him to know where everything is. Pretty hard to argue with the guy who’s right at the very center of this **** storm right now. He’s in a really, really bad spot… I’m willing to cut him a bit of slack right now.

You shouldn't. He was advised in 2015 post bird flu to buy 15000 additional ventilators to be ready for the next epidemic and declined, developing a rationing (triage) protocol instead. He and De Blasio both were all about NYC was open for business long after Trump shut down travel from China (and jumped on the band wagon to criticize him as xenophobic and racist) right up until the impending disaster could no longer be ignored. It is not an accident that NYC is the hottest hoot zone by an order of magnitude. I will feel sorry for those who died and should not have had to, but Cuomo should receive no accolades for halfway extracting them from a problem he exacerbated

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Seems to me that a US company that is helping out should get some praise. But, I don't hate America like they do, so...

I also decided to Google to see if their stuff is US made (and it appears it is) and THIS was the first thing that came up when I searched them... the responses to that tweet are also cancer.

So, Business Week decided they needed to call the guy a crackhead while he's at the white house doing something good for the country. Isn't this actually someone we should be supporting? Guy sobered up, turned himself around, and is now pitching in.

The article BW linked actually paints that picture, but the Tweet certainly doesn't. Scumbags...

Just imagine if trump had called him a crackhead.

To show why I will never vote for the left, I was reading thru Reddit’s coronavirus section last night. Came across an article about the chloroquine and how the FDA has approved it to use across the country in an attempt to treat the CV. One of the comments I read before getting pissed off and going to bed was “Oh god, please don’t let trump be right about this drug”.

Are you ****in serious?!? You want people to die, a world pandemic, and high numbers instead of trump being correct about a possible drug?

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

Exactly this. Mike Lindell is the quintessential American story. He was a crook and crackhead, found God, made some changes in his life and now owns his own million-dollar business. The left does not like that, you either have to be a plebe or the 1%. You can’t succeed, especially with a conservative mindset.

Dude makes some baller pillows.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Just imagine if trump had called him a crackhead.

To show why I will never vote for the left, I was reading thru Reddit’s coronavirus section last night. Came across an article about the chloroquine and how the FDA has approved it to use across the country in an attempt to treat the CV. One of the comments I read before getting pissed off and going to bed was “Oh god, please don’t let trump be right about this drug”.

Are you ****in serious?!? You want people to die, a world pandemic, and high numbers instead of trump being correct about a possible drug?

WTH are you doing on Reddit, boy? That's like the belly of the beast! :laugh:

I mean, if you're looking to gather enemy intel all you have to do is watch the news.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Exactly this. Mike Lindell is the quintessential American story. He was a crook and crackhead, found God, made some changes in his life and now owns his own million-dollar business. The left does not like that, you either have to be a plebe or the 1%. You can’t succeed, especially with a conservative mindset.

Dude makes some baller pillows.

Having read some more about him, it seems he was also a huge, vocal, Trump supporter and donor in 2016. That's why they don't like him. They wouldn't actually care if he pulled out a crack pipe and fired up on national TV. They don't like him because he's a Trump supporter, period. So, TDS set to kill.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Cuomo really has his head on straight. A real leader. I can't even watch Trumps briefings anymore, total circus, and complete hogwash what he's saying. You wanna know how it's going? Listen to Cuomo.

You are watching the right stuff then, exactly what registers with your confirmation bias...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom