Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Well, I'm going to grant a little leeway that the Governor himself is probably not out counting ventilators or checking the inventories down at the warehouse.

Counting ventilators himself?? Now THAT is disingenuous.

The FIRST thing someone in such a position should do is find out from his staff how many they think they will need and how many they have. Period.
    Doing anything else is incompetence.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

The FIRST thing someone in such a position should do is find out from his staff how many they think they will need and how many they have. Period.

And if they're a Rat Fink Pinko Commie Bastard, make every bad thing that happens look like it's Trumps fault.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

How does him not personally ​knowing what was in a warehouse mean that he didn't do those things? Someone dropped the ball, but likely not him.

Our "enemies" are not always wrong.

Our "friends" are not always right.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Amazon workers go on strike!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...-amazon-instacart-and-whole-foods/5086135002/

Along with whole foods and instacart as well.

Amazon faces another potential workplace disruption Tuesday as some employees have planned a "sick out" over demands for better conditions including double pay because of the hazards of working during the pandemic.

So... Twice as much money will fix their exposure to Wuflu...? So they want $30+/hr to stuff boxes.

They may as well just ask Bezos, politely, to fully automate 100% of shipping as fast as possible. That's going to happen no matter what, but when you demand $60k+ a year to tape boxes shut, you've got a pretty serious gambling problem going.

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    Just ignore him.

I'm not sure about horses.
    I've seen the articles about that dog and a cat (location unknown) plus a possible 2nd dog in china but that report fell off the radar.

I would swear to it that I saw an article saying that with one of the dogs it had been determined that he had virus on him, but not infected, but I can't find that article now. I may have dreamed it.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    A nice 94 second diversion, particularly for those who watched Breaking Bad:

[video=youtube_share;xyIzhRvtIJ0]https://youtu.be/xyIzhRvtIJ0[/video]

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Beginning tomorrow at the Indy VA Med Center: no visitors, period, dot, end of statement.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I would swear to it that I saw an article saying that with one of the dogs it had been determined that he had virus on him, but not infected, but I can't find that article now. I may have dreamed it.

I do remember reading a article that said a nasal swab of a dog show positive for CV-19, but the dog did not test positive for CV-19.

Like anything with a surface, if you sneeze, cough on, or pet a animal and you have the virus, you can transfer it to their body, they will not have it, but can transfer it to a human who pets of handles it until the virus's lifespan has ended.

The world and everything on it is a perti dish, there is no guarantee of what you are touching is not contaminated. Heck you can even get infected by dirt if you touch it immediately after some spews on it.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Nothing ****es Trump off more than reporters with stupid questions.

After a while of the same stupid question asked 100,000 different ways or the thousands of gotcha questions, I'm surprised that he has not reached over to a Secret Service Agent, relieved him/her of their weapon and put a round right between the eyes of one of these stupid idiots asking questions and put them out of their misery.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    After a while of the same stupid question asked 100,000 different ways or the thousands of gotcha questions, I'm surprised that he has not reached over to a Secret Service Agent, relieved him/her of their weapon and put a round right between the eyes of one of these stupid idiots asking questions and put them out of their misery.

Maybe he should pass the pressers off to someone else every other day. It's good that he's showing involvement, but it's a two-edged sword with all those hacks.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Over the weekend, NY Governor Cuomo got some flak for requesting 30k ventilators.

First, it is important to note that every governor wants as many ventilators as their worst case scenarios will require. That makes sense.

Second, then it is important to figure out if Cuomo's request is reasonable. We can determine that with some simple math (the only kind I'm comfortable with).

There seems to be a consensus that 5% of cases become critical. Let's use that as a proxy for "needs a ventilator." So, to need 30k ventilators, you need to have about 600k cases. NYC alone has ~8M people, I think. Even if only 10% of New Yorkers get it, that's still 800k people.

Basically, that 30k ventilators number may not be far off, based on what we know now.

He got flack for basically throwing up his hands and saying (paraphrasing) 'Why hasn't the Federal gov't gotten me my 15000 additional ventilators', especially in light of the fact that he reluctantly admitted to having 4000 (or possibly 7000) in warehouses that he wasn't using yet. Any suspicion of playing politics while playing a decisive leader on TV does not go over well

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Journos are losing their **** about the "My Pillow" guy speaking with Trump.

Those journos are spending their time on twitter, *****ing about this, providing nothing to society...

The My Pillow guy is making 50,000 masks a day, doing what he can to help fight the virus.

It is humorous to watch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom