• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I have read allot of crazy stories about CC/OC but that is almost unbelievable. I think the manager who caused the ruckus must have a personal issue with the local PD. Maybe pulled over for DUI or something?

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI

I couldn't agree more. LEOs have been known to try and kick open carriers out of restaurants, or intimidate managers into forcing open firearms carriers to leave. I can't help but be amused at the irony here.

It wasn't that long ago, maybe six months or so, where some cops tried to intimidate the manager of a restaurant (was it a Denny's?) on the border between Gary and Merrillville to force an OCer to leave the restaurant.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    LOL Oh, sweet justice. I had to laugh, since they just got a small taste of what hundreds of thousands of us have to deal with from them every day. Some cops seem to think they are above the rest of us, that they deserve special treatment or consideration denied any other civilian. And then want to crucify any other law abiding, honest citizen for carrying. I am not saying that all LEOs are like that, but we have all seen and heard about enough who do. The fine ladies and gents who frequent this board not included, of course! :)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Looking at the badge shown, the license plates and being from St. Louis, I am fairly confident it was Belleville, Illinois, not Missouri.

Illlinois should explain much of the hysteria; although Belleville is a long way from Crook County!

I see what you did there! :lmfao:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Good for that Manager! There's no hypocrisy there! If Joe Blow can't carry there then no one should. We shouldn't be carving out special exclusions for JBTs with less training time than the rest of us. Besides, it's the cops who's guns go off in their purses and leave handguns behind in restrooms. Cops are dangerous with their firearms.

Is purple necessary here? Nah. :@ya:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I couldn't agree more. LEOs have been known to try and kick open carriers out of restaurants, or intimidate managers into forcing open firearms carriers to leave. I can't help but be amused at the irony here.

It wasn't that long ago, maybe six months or so, where some cops tried to intimidate the manager of a restaurant (was it a Denny's?) on the border between Gary and Merrillville to force an OCer to leave the restaurant.

Were the LEOs acting of their own accord or at the request of the staff?

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Were I a Sheriff/Police Chief anywhere, it would be a standing order that none of my officers are to patronize any local business establishment with anti-gun policies, even if those policies are not routinely enforced. If there's a gun buster on the front door anywhere, you do not go in there in uniform unless it's on official business. Picking up some food while on duty, or even stopping in on your way to/from your work shift is a no-go. If you're off-duty and out of uniform, what you are willing to tolerate in the businesses you patronize is your business.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some 'manager' is gonna be looking for new employment shortly.

Maybe gun owners everywhere should boycott Dennys, just to make a point. (Except criminals, of course.)

Let Diane F. and her ilk take up the slack in business.

More likely that the cops will give this manager a close inspection as to his driving skills. Lots of pullovers and tickets....

cmepp18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    :patriot:We have a new Denny's here in Bedford, have not eaten there, but I think 1 manager is hitting the street and finding another place to go. :ar15:

I haven't been there yet either. Maybe I'll OC and take the wife out for dinner tonight :):

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I must say, when I first heard about this last night a slight smile came to my face. Perhaps those officers won't be so zealous when they approach civilian OCers in similar situations.

Edit: Illinois :facepalm:. The cops will never run into OCers I guess.

Stupid da** policy.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I noticed that the Denny's in question is in Bellville IL. No gun carrying allowed in the state UNTIL the state complies with the Court of Appeals and passes legislation for carry permits. And if I read the article right, Denny's Corp. apologized and advised that they DO NOT have corp policy to refuse LEO's with guns. Only one azzhat manganer took upon himself to ask the LEO'S to leave. And REALLY, what was the insipid crusty tumor (customer) afraid of? From the article it was PLAINLY obvious that everyone at the table were LEO's. Some people just belong in the too stupid to survive category.

Top Bottom