• ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    My car and contents

Like Denny, I like to keep my car clutter-free. In this first pic you can see what it looks like from the drivers side. The passenger seat contains my patrol bag which keeps my PBT, Clipboard, one trauma kit, mags, ticket books, gloves, hand sanitizer and a few other odds and ends.
    20130422_210225_zps35922762.jpg

Next is a pic from the passenger side. you can see a little better what sits in the passenger seat when there is not a passenger (most of the time). All the stuff in the bag is stuff I use on a regular basis. If it doesn't get used regularly then it can live in the trunk.
    20130422_210325_zps860e4c94.jpg

Next a couple views from the back seat. One serious blowout/trauma kit hanging on the back of the passenger seat (tan bag) in case I need it for myself or one of my co-workers. The camo bag is a boo-boo kit and contacts, solution, aspirin, and stuff that it is sometimes nice to have around. There is a trash can on the floor so that I don't accumulate junk, and the file organizer is charging affidavits and DUI forms and warrants. It's easy to grab and go from where it hangs there behind the seat, but makes putting more than one person in the back impossible without rearranging. There is also a shotgun hanging from the ceiling.
    20130422_210336_zps57ea7619.jpg

20130422_210247_zps858a56a9.jpg

Lastly is the trunk. CBRNE kit, Mobile Field Force gear, raincoats and jackets, toys for kiddos, flares, emergency rations and water, stop sticks, extra clothes and boots, inkjet printer (that I bought and installed), and a few other odds and ends that I can't realistically be without. In the winter there is also sand, salt and a shovel in there.
    20130422_210418_zps67cf817b.jpg

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Rear wheel drives are easy in the winter.

easier to wreck maybe. Ive never owned a fwd vehicle but plenty of friends have them and they seem to do really well in the snow. I currently have a 4x4, but back when i had to drive my rwds in the winter i had to pick specific routes that didnt have hills or else id get stuck.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Like Denny, I like to keep my car clutter-free. In this first pic you can see what it looks like from the drivers side. The passenger seat contains my patrol bag which keeps my PBT, Clipboard, one trauma kit, mags, ticket books, gloves, hand sanitizer and a few other odds and ends.

Next is a pic from the passenger side. you can see a little better what sits in the passenger seat when there is not a passenger (most of the time). All the stuff in the bag is stuff I use on a regular basis. If it doesn't get used regularly then it can live in the trunk.

Next a couple views from the back seat. One serious blowout/trauma kit hanging on the back of the passenger seat (tan bag) in case I need it for myself or one of my co-workers. The camo bag is a boo-boo kit and contacts, solution, aspirin, and stuff that it is sometimes nice to have around. There is a trash can on the floor so that I don't accumulate junk, and the file organizer is charging affidavits and DUI forms and warrants. It's easy to grab and go from where it hangs there behind the seat, but makes putting more than one person in the back impossible without rearranging. There is also a shotgun hanging from the ceiling.

Lastly is the trunk. CBRNE kit, Mobile Field Force gear, raincoats and jackets, toys for kiddos, flares, emergency rations and water, stop sticks, extra clothes and boots, inkjet printer (that I bought and installed), and a few other odds and ends that I can't realistically be without. In the winter there is also sand, salt and a shovel in there.
    is that a taurus ?

edit: nm, i am an idiot :n00b:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    easier to wreck maybe. Ive never owned a fwd vehicle but plenty of friends have them and they seem to do really well in the snow. I currently have a 4x4, but back when i had to drive my rwds in the winter i had to pick specific routes that didnt have hills or else id get stuck.

Just as easy to wreck a front wheel as it is a rear wheel. Lot to do with the driver.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Again, it has never been an issue for me. Of course I learned to drive in a rwd and have only had 2 front wheel drive cars but they weren't any easier really.

Alot of winter driving has to do with the driver and the right equipment ie tires. Also not going to fast or making dumb moves in the elements.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    VUPDBLUE that car is shamwow!! Very nice setup. I was impressed with the printer in the trunk!!! I wonder how many of your backseat passengers have seen the INGO patch and are now members? LOL

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN

Wheres your rifle? :D

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have freakishly long fingers so I can rest my arm and palm on the console and press all the keys with my fingers with the thing angled like this. I often get that comment from others who can't fathom why I keep it at this angle....

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Rear wheel drives are easy in the winter.

I have found that while a FWD may launch a little easier on snow/ice, the RWD will have better manners overall. A little extra weight in the trunk will largely negate any advantage that fwd may have.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Its like the argument about AR-15s and machine guns. If the police can have them, so should the average citizen. If the average citizen can have Camaros, Chargers, Mustangs, Tahoes, etc - so should the police.

I would consider this a very reasonable point. I would further argue (through the lens of a professional driver) that a working vehicle is a work space. It must offer an environment conducive to its user being able to work efficiently. Just like anything else, there is no such thing as a one size fits all solution. I do not feel that the police should be under-equipped in this regard so far as dimensions and performance are concerned. If I were called upon to find a good solution, my answer would be to have three or four different vehicles at a similar price point from which the individual officer could choose based on suitability for specific application and a good, comfortable fit between man/woman and machine. A good fit takes in adequate room for necessary equipment to be placed in a manner conducive to function, adequate fit to the driver (both in terms of not putting a 6 foot plus tall man in a subcompact or a 5 foot or so woman in a vehicle that requires her to put a stack of books on the seat in order to see over the dash), and adequate space for anticipated voluntary or involuntary passengers. As previously addressed, it is also necessary that the vehicle be able to perform adequately and be able to stand up to the abuse of occasional hard use when called upon to do so.

I would like to again reinforce the idea that Frank is absolutely right. Most of us consider it unacceptable that equipment available to law enforcement is unavailable to the rest of us, often in flagrant violation of the Second Amendment. That said, it is a two-way street. I don't accept the argument that the police should be more equal, but at the same time, there is no justification for the notion that they should be less equal. While visiting this general point, I will also point out that being a public servant (as properly defined) is indicative that one is paid to (and expected to) serve the public within the confines of a job description, which does not include functioning as a serf. By extension, while I expect frugal use of resources, that means purchasing equipment which is adequate for the job but not extravagant. It does not mean buying the cheapest thing you can find on four tires (with the consideration a lord would have for a serf). Besides, the machine under consideration is a $20K +/- Tahoe, not a $60K Escalade.

This brings me back to the solution of having each officer able to choose the vehicle that works best from among different choices rather than having that decision made by someone else who doesn't have to live with it.

Top Bottom