• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    The bullet fragmented and to remove it would risk serious nerve damage. Officer Morse was working outside of Club Level when a fight erupted down the block. He headed towards the disturbance to deal with it, and someone yelled gun. He then ran towards the guy with the gun who intended to shoot another person, and took that person's bullet. Of course no one saw anything. The same amount of district officers arrived that would arrive for any shooting, officer or otherwise. The extra folks that showed up were friends of Officer Morse that received a phone call from someone on the scene in the same way that if any of you get shot, your friends will show up. As a police officer you are a police officer 24 hours a day...ask any of them how often they get called out in the middle of the night, have neighbors beating on their doors at all hours of the day, getting flagged down everytime they go anywhere, get approached by people while eating who always say , "i don't mean to bother you but..." They're never off duty. My neighbor works at Arby's and i think i'm gonna stop by her house and ask her to make me a sandwich at 4am since that is apparently acceptable. Officer Morse whether he was working outside of a bar, jogging for his health, or whatever would have responded in the same fashion no matter what which makes him an asset to this city. The comments in the paper regarding his actions are nauseating. We can all pick the fly **** out of the pepper regarding what Sgt Thompson said, but that isn't how he meant it to come across. Being a cop must really suck, no matter what you're always wrong.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I like the way some one here come to their assessments...

I point out a questionable statement from an officer and that is somehow considered trashing or bashing?:rolleyes: Man, talk about some thin skin.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I like the way some one here come to their assessments...

I point out a questionable statement from an officer and that is somehow considered trashing or bashing?:rolleyes: Man, talk about some thin skin.

Yep, the term cop basher gets thrown around her like the left throws around the term racist.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    When the Left throws the race card it's usually unsubstantiated.
    The bashing posts speak for themselves.

Just like they left, you believe it when you make the claim. We questions the actions and motives of government on here every day but somehow the few have made questioning the actions and motives of LE a taboo subject. LE is government just like the rest of them. Yet if we don't worship the ground LE walks on, we're haters and bashers. The sgt from the news story opened this can of worms. How dare he be called on it?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Just like they left, you believe it when you make the claim. We questions the actions and motives of government on here every day but somehow the few have made questioning the actions and motives of LE a taboo subject. LE is government just like the rest of them. Yet if we don't worship the ground LE walks on, we're haters and bashers. The sgt from the news story opened this can of worms. How dare he be called on it?
    Thanks for the affirmative response. :laugh:
    I rest my case Your Honor.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Thanks for the affirmative response. :laugh:
    I rest my case Your Honor.

Yep, not worshipping LE is proof of hatred. I hope you didn't pull a hammy on this one. One of you screaming basher has posted far more vile things about LE than I ever have. Please post evidence of my bashing.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    What can or worms? We go above and beyond for a fallen officer. What is the problem? Non-LEO's are not getting slighted for crying out loud. We do a great job at responding to all person shot runs. It kinda sounds like whining.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    What can or worms? We go above and beyond for a fallen officer. What is the problem? Non-LEO's are not getting slighted for crying out loud. We do a great job at responding to all person shot runs. It kinda sounds like whining.
    Actually Denny, it is whining.
    I've heard it for over thirty seven years.
    Same crap.
    New people spreading it. :n00b:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

The only thing I've mentioned regarding the op is the sgt's comment. I understand the mentality of fellow officers responding to sn officer down call and I'm sure I'd do the same. I don't necessarily believe that this officer received any better treatment than a non Leo would. I've never said otherwise in this thread. But I do believe that the sgt's quote is crap. The reason I jumped into this thread is because simply questioning the sgt's quote was met with claims of bashing and hating.

I guess we need to post a link for any threads regarding LE and wait for the LE hive mind here to give the thumbs up or down to the story before we dare share our opinion on it lest we be called bashers or haters.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I think the real problem is a few of you folks are just pissed the cop didn't die. Only good cop is a dead cop, right?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Youngone67
    Top Bottom