• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Officer Kerry was not on duty at the time of this occurrence, he was at his civilian job. :dunno:

A Police Officer is NEVER off duty. His pay check was coming from a different source that night, however LE are never off duty, and their sworn abilities follow the badge as needed.

It's sad that is what your hanging onto.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    A Police Officer is NEVER off duty. His pay check was coming from a different source that night, however LE are never off duty, and their sworn abilities follow the badge as needed.

It's sad that is what your hanging onto.

Is that like "once a Marine, always a Marine?"

Now I'm hanging:):

I think that comment by the Sargent would be questioned by all LEOs. It is certainly painting the picture that there is preference when it comes to the victim.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    This thread certainly didn't take the path I was hoping, the point of the story to me was that it's a dangerous city and even a uniformed cop being on the scene will not stop criminals

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Jesus H Christ.

Cops can't even get shot good enough to satisfy the cop haters.

Some of you people are simply disgusting.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I suppose so...
    Not a tax dollar's difference will provide common citizens the same response that off duty cops get...we should get a discount.:yesway:

Show me an example, here in Indianapolis, where a person shot run failed to receive adequate response from IMPD.

SJ - Unfortunately your intent doesn't really matter. Any time you post something involving LE on this board someone is going to find a reason to ***** or cry about something.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I don't ever recall indicating or imply that I hate cops...I have no reason to hate them as individuals.
    Just because I point out issues I have doesn't make me a hater...Heck, I point out many issues with this board, but I certainly am not a hater...you are an opposing view hater!

Muddy_Ford

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Hartford City
    I can see how the SGT's comment could be taken out of context, but here is my take on it..........

I someone just shot a cop the chances are even higher that he/she would not have any hesitation to shoot/kill anyone else who they think gets in their way/has a means of getaway.

Just my :twocents:

Prayers sent for a speedy recovery and for the Officers family.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    This is spinning a bit out of control, I can honestly say that every shooting I have been on downtown, actually everywhere in Marion Co., by the time I have arrived on scene there was an overwhelming amount of LEO presents. City Block perimeters have been set up, the scene barricaded, and several officers with the pt and or witnesses. Some might call this a waste of tax payer money, I would have if not involved directly with the scene. But this is the way criminals get caught, and further escalation of the scene is controlled. And probably several other aspects of LEO work that I don't understand.

The only difference btwn most shootings and the officers was that every intersection was held for the ambulance to travel through from scene to Wishard. I blame no one, he is a public safety officer and I will allow him a bit more of "perks" than the avg joe gets, IMO.
    so nobody but leo deserve to get intersections cleared and thier life saved? if it can be done for leo why not everyone else?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've cleared hundreds of intersections for fire trucks and ambulances over the years. Never knew where they were going or who was in the back.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    I've cleared hundreds of intersections for fire trucks and ambulances over the years. Never knew where they were going or who was in the back.
    that is the right attitude phylodog and im sure every one involved appreciated it. a human life hanging in the balance deserves all the help they can get no matter what they do for a living.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Yeah, but I'll bet you would have cleared the intersection faster, and better, if you knew another LEO was in the ambulance!! :n00b:

Ya can't reason with the know it alls phylodog.
    They've never been there or done that.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Youngone67
    Top Bottom