• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You guys will have a ball with this insanity.....

They already did lol.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    IMO, a lot of people try to sell items for way more than they're worth. It's terribly common here, as well as on any other forum. Telling them isn't going to help anything. If I see something I want at a good price, I buy. If not a good price, I just look elsewhere.

It goes both ways. Some learn from their overpricing and adapt. Some just write off INGO classifieds and take their trading elsewhere, because INGOer's are...

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I'm noticing at least a couple of new INGOers in the classifieds requiring receipts and FFL transfers.

Don't know if this is a trend or what? Good to see their requirements stated up front rather than hear about this sort of thing springing up later though.
    Amen.

Many years ago I agreed to buy an item in the classifieds without those requirements stated. I showed up and dude had what amounted to a contract - which he was kind enough to make a copy of for me - for the sale. While pissed, it was an uncommon enough item for me to shut the **** up (for once) and do the deal. It was the proverbial "I didn't have anything to hide, I was a proper person" so I just rolled with it. Did not make me happy, however.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yup. That is what I was thinking. It seems like our site is more skewed to pistols and defensive type firearms.

Which is probably indicative of the market at large.

I would love to shoot shotgun sports but they are not very accessible to me.
    We used to have a lot more hunters on this board in the early days. Being sometimes a little more high spirited than average, they mostly got run off from here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Amen.

Many years ago I agreed to buy an item in the classifieds without those requirements stated. I showed up and dude had what amounted to a contract - which he was kind enough to make a copy of for me - for the sale. While pissed, it was an uncommon enough item for me to shut the **** up (for once) and do the deal. It was the proverbial "I didn't have anything to hide, I was a proper person" so I just rolled with it. Did not make me happy, however.
    Be open in the ad as to "ALL" requirements expected of both parties. "ALL" requirements.

I will pass on any sale with these stipulations period regardless of rarity etc. Just me.
    Ingo is set up to make all this easy peasy and the reason we want all members to be active in the open forum/. We come to know who we are dealing with and let's be honest, if you do not know me and how to reach me you are not an active forum member. The reason for the minimum post number etc etc.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We used to have a lot more hunters on this board in the early days. Being sometimes a little more high spirited than average, they mostly got run off from here.
    I know a lot of folks that are shotgun oriented competitors and they are a group unto themselves. No knock as a few are good friends.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Be open in the ad as to "AL" requirements expected of both parties. "AL" requirements.
    Does having "AL" requirements mean both parties have to dress like this guy to do the deal? :stickpoke:

images

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Actually I have had a good run on the classifieds. Of course, I price very reasonable and know how to handle flakes so therefore I don’t mind any questions. To me as a seller, it means I’m done with the said piece and it’s time to go by buy. I trade off dollars for speed in the transaction and do not look back. I always get a kick out of peeps with their book values and WIGI boards especially when their mind is trying to justify its heart.

You either want it or not. End of story.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I don't really see any advantage in offering pricing advice if it's not part of a negotiation to buy. I wouldn't bother and I know some people don't take advise even when it's good. I see guys here with over-priced stuff all the time and they just keep running it to the top. I just brought an item back to the top myself but it's an oddball thing and has been forgotten since listed in September. If it doesn't get a buyer it doesn't sell,......but when an item has been brought back to the top a dozen times and has over a thousand views,......somebody needs to get a clue. People are seeing it. They're just not buying it. Guess why.

I've sold a few guns here and it's always been a pleasant experience. Sometimes I've gotten my price. sometimes not but always at least close. Most of my selling has been on GB and I got started there twenty yrs ago. Nowadays I start with my rock bottom price,....a price so good I'd be a buyer at anything less. And I put a Buy Now price on it that's maybe 10-15% higher,.....still usually a very good price but a price I'd be very happy with as a seller. I ALWAYS get someone messaging me that my starting price is too high(and they're just trying to help me out)and I may try to explain to them why I'm where I am on it, but it's a waste. They never budge and place the minimum bid and the item 9 times in 10 gets snatched up at the higher Buy Now price anyway. It's never over-priced,....the right set of eyes just haven't seen it yet. Happened again just last week. An uncommon rifle parts kit with buildable receiver starting at $1900, BN $2250. Six days into the auction with no bids of course and I've got two guys beating me up through the messaging system trying 'to help a brother out',.......until the right guy comes along and hits the Buy Now. Whoops, it's gone.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    You guys will have a ball with this insanity.....

My son had a Ithaca model 37 for sale last year for $800

KARP

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    I bought my Ithaca model 37 20 gauge in 1972 for $129. I wonder what it's worth today? ( not that I would ever sell it )

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I bought my Ithaca model 37 20 gauge in 1972 for $129. I wonder what it's worth today? ( not that I would ever sell it )
    I got my first one (12 gauge) about that time for $75. Found it in the old Trader paper. It was later stolen but I was able to replace it a few years ago for under $400.

A-Aron88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I say you let them go.

I had a Tac 13 listed on here about a month ago and got a few people laughing at my ad because of how "high" I had it listed.
    I had it priced under what they're consistently selling for on Gunbroker and you can't just walk into any store and grab one.

I sold it easily and the buyer got it much cheaper than the 2300 I likely would've got on Gunbroker.

If you don't like the price, you move on. It'll either sit until someone does like it or they'll drop it until it sells.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I got my first one (12 gauge) about that time for $75. Found it in the old Trader paper. It was later stolen but I was able to replace it a few years ago for under $400.
    I can't remember the vintage of my M37. 1957 or something close. I paid around $300 for it about 5 years ago. It's had the barrel cut down to 18" and it is the smoothest action I think I have felt in a pump action shotgun. It has the corn cob fore grip, wood's in decent shape too.

Love the slam fire. :) I call it my warden's gun.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I recently PM'd a seller, not about price, and after sending the inmail found that their inbox was full. If you're gonna post an item, please clean up your inbox so potential buyers can communicate.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom