• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Do I need to explain what a PAC is? Is this something that the Media or INGO uplifters or talk radio has turned into a boogeyman?

The purpose of a PAC is to raise money to advance political goals. It is not that complicated.

Exactly. They are asking for money to advance political goals while giving no indication of what those goals may be. It is very helpful to know the answer to that if one is going to be inclined to donate. "Give us money and trust us to find some worthwhile use" is a pretty hard concept to sell.

OK, I see that we posted at the same time. Please keep us advised when some decision is made as to what purpose the money may be applied.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Be careful with that assuming. You know what happens.:D

Raising money.

Our precatory plan is to advance the political interests of our members. How to most effectively do this shall be discussed in April at the BoD meeting in Greenwood.

I hear you and it is a valid concern.

Hmm....Sounds like there may be discussion needed on how to raise money then. :D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You must be misreading something. How could one have a legislative update before the General Assembly began?
    Beats me, but a look at ISRPA.org, on the right side, under "recent posts" shows the October Legislative update as item 3, an "october newsletter updated as item 2, and an update from the president as item 1. :dunno:
    Bill Dowden sent out an update in early January as to bills of interest which I shared with INGO the same day.

Now that you say that, I remember it. I was referring to what's on the site.

Perhaps they need a webmaster who keeps things more current? or if they already are, then easier to find. Just a thought.

ETA: Please don't anyone take this as me being critical of Bill Dowden. When I met him, it was in one of the Public Policy committee meetings, a couple of years ago. He is actively involved in the process, I'm just not sure how effective he is (which is not to disparage him, it's just me saying I don't know; I don't have the information.)

Last edited:

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    How about donating money to the candidate that has been out in front of this issue since he took office, Rep. Lucas.
    He has proven his dedication and he has a primary opponent that can be guaranteed to not share his 2nd Amendment views, much less be as big a leader on this issue.
    Rep. Dermody has said he is not coming back, which means the Public Policy Committee will need a new Chair.
    Rep. Lucas sits on that Committee.
    If you want to help, start where your money is going to help more than anything else and that is to donate to someone that is in the middle of it and needs help not just to stay in the fight, but angle for a leadership position.
    Friends of Jim Lucas
    P.O. Box 1149
    Seymour, IN 47274

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How about donating money to the candidate that has been out in front of this issue since he took office, Rep. Lucas.
    He has proven his dedication and he has a primary opponent that can be guaranteed to not share his 2nd Amendment views, much less be as big a leader on this issue.
    Rep. Dermody has said he is not coming back, which means the Public Policy Committee will need a new Chair.
    Rep. Lucas sits on that Committee.
    If you want to help, start where your money is going to help more than anything else and that is to donate to someone that is in the middle of it and needs help not just to stay in the fight, but angle for a leadership position.
    Friends of Jim Lucas
    P.O. Box 1149
    Seymour, IN 47274

Excellent suggestion.

Similarly, I intend to help whomever may be opposing Bosma. That turncoat needs to be selling used cars or something similarly suited to his character, or lack thereof.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Money is ammo. There is nothing dirty, shameful, underhanded about putting your money where your mouth is.

You have to shoot the ammo for it to be useful.

A bunker full of ammo or money does no one any good if it isn't used as a weapon.

I'll be watching to see if Dermondy's opponent gets a large donation from this PAC. Seems a good place to start advancing gun rights of Hoosiers.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    OK, now how about getting rid of Bosma?

INGO: we set our goals high.:D

I suggest a DeLorean and some stolen atomic matter. Go back to 1986 and distract him from sending in the paperwork for his first run.:D

88 cannot be a more solid Republican district and he has been there for 30 years.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    INGO: we set our goals high.:D

I suggest a DeLorean and some stolen atomic matter. Go back to 1986 and distract him from sending in the paperwork for his first run.:D

88 cannot be a more solid Republican district and he has been there for 30 years.

OK, then the obvious thing would be to undercut the supermajority and cut the hubris out from under him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    OK, then the obvious thing would be to undercut the supermajority and cut the hubris out from under him.

Dave, as much as I hate the situation, this is just what happens, even in a "Republic", when you're in the fringe. We just are. Hell, Indiana can't even get Sunday booze past Bosma. And the sentiment favoring that isn't even in the fringe!

But for guns, it is. People don't think people should be toting guns without permission from the government. I think the obvious thing would be to persuade more people of the folly of believing that gun control makes people safer. Maybe this group can help do that. Then the rest would take care of itself.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom