Connersville Police Chief shoots himself in gun store. FOX 59 Investigates!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Had not seen this...The "DANGERS" of coon fingering a loaded handgun!
    You un-holster a loaded gun in a store and handle it carelessly bad things can result. Glad no body else was hurt.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    When you carry a Glock, you need to grow especially sensitive to "shoving" your pistol into the holster. This is such a common way to shoot yourself with a Glock or any other "safe action" pistol that I can't believe we're still discussing it. I especially loved the comment from Mayor Leonard Urban about Glocks having an insufficient trigger safety. Actually, idiot, the Glock has a splendid trigger safety. When you pull the trigger though, it's going bang. :rolleyes:

At least the chief seems to have a great attitude about shooting himself twice.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    We are constantly told we shouldn't have guns because they can hurt us or someone we love, and should leave them in the hands of experts like the police. Maybe police shouldn't have guns either.

I am not sure whether to apply purple or not. On one hand we have people whom I would not wish to disparage like Phylodog, Frank, Denny, et alia, but then again, we also have our share of Barney Fife doppelgangers in circulation.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    We are constantly told we shouldn't have guns because they can hurt us or someone we love, and should leave them in the hands of experts like the police. Maybe police shouldn't have guns either.

I am not sure whether to apply purple or not. On one hand we have people whom I would not wish to disparage like Phylodog, Frank, Denny, et alia, but then again, we also have our share of Barney Fife doppelgangers in circulation.

I'll be "that guy" and weigh in with the "There are no accidental discharges" angle. Glocks are no more dangerous than hammers or chainsaws and we all know it. Learn how to use them properly and they're all useful tools that serve no end of good. Pick one up and start futzing with it with limited or no training or let your guard down for a second and you're likely to win a trip to the emergency room or the morgue.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    That's those Glocks! This is a very common occurrence with Glocks on account of it's "superior" trigger action. You HAVE to learn your piece. There are guns that you almost have to pull-start like a lawnmower, maybe the Chief needs to look into one of those!

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    When you carry a Glock, you need to grow especially sensitive to "shoving" your pistol into the holster. This is such a common way to shoot yourself with a Glock or any other "safe action" pistol that I can't believe we're still discussing it. I especially loved the comment from Mayor Leonard Urban about Glocks having an insufficient trigger safety. Actually, idiot, the Glock has a splendid trigger safety. When you pull the trigger though, it's going bang. :rolleyes:

At least the chief seems to have a great attitude about shooting himself twice.

I must be doing it wrong. I've carried a Glock for 20 years and never had an ND.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I never understood the reason behind a safety on the trigger. Drop safe guns don't go off unless you pull the trigger anyway. Pulling the trigger deactivates the safety. Not pulling the trigger means no need for a safety What's gained?

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Channel 6 (wrtv) has a call 6 "investigation" on how you can be in danger, even if your not a gun owner! :scared: I fear for my life everytime I see a gun because it might go off by itself and magically shot me even though it's in a holster pointed at the ground! Add purple here and there…

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    something something booger hook something something bang-switch..................seriously how hard is it?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Channel 6 (wrtv) has a call 6 "investigation" on how you can be in danger, even if your not a gun owner! :scared: I fear for my life everytime I see a gun because it might go off by itself and magically shot me even though it's in a holster pointed at the ground! Add purple here and there…

Has that been on already? I thought it was advertised for this next Thursday?

Clothing in trigger guard or finger? Hmm.

Top Bottom