Connersville Police Chief shoots himself in gun store. FOX 59 Investigates!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    What a guy!! Willing to shoot himself in the butt just to be an example of what NOT to do! Being a Glock 40, he is lucky that it didnt explode too, lol.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Seems like a pretty humble guy to me. FWIW I noticed the draw string retainer potential problem a few years ago and did just what the reported showed...I cut it off. Interestingly enough a number of LEO type jackets and sweaters use the draw string setup. It could happen easily. As for the hand shot in 99 I duuno what to say about that.

I wonder how much gridging the news crew was doing during the chiefs demonstration for their report?:nono::lala:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Every training class I've attended, spoke clearly and continuously about ensuring that clothing is not interfering with the deployment/redeployment of the gun. Looking at the video, there was no reason to even take his gun out. Who takes a loaded gun out of the holster in a gun shop? He's shot himself​ twice? This is even more idiotic than Tex Grubner or the Fo'tay FBI-guy.

Marcinko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    He should issue himself a "Revolver" and keep the bullet in his shirt pocket! Problem Solved

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I think that the higher rank one achieves in law enforcement, the less firearm's training they receive. In this case, it seems as though basic rules of safety were broken.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    That's those Glocks! This is a very common occurrence with Glocks on account of it's "superior" trigger action. You HAVE to learn your piece. There are guns that you almost have to pull-start like a lawnmower, maybe the Chief needs to look into one of those!
    S&W "chiefs' special"

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    My only concern with Glocks is keeping a quality made, fitted to the gun, holster, with or without thumb break, (I own a few of each) . The clothing stuck in a trigger scenario is a really deadly one. Safe gun handling in gun stores is a given, but I have also seen guys doing all the pistol tricks. Twirling, muzzle pointing, dropping slides on "empty" guns, racking slides, etc. gets very old. Even removing long guns from racks, racking bolts, pumping shotguns, so on. When I am browsing, the noise of that action alerts me to "Knucklehead in Aisle 3". If the saleman is working with the customer, no issue with that. They are supervised. Hope the saleman is gun savvy enough not to introduce ammo till gun is boxed and papered.
    I have had good luck with Glock guns, using them since 1995. You do need to watch your garments, strings, key rings, not to be hurt in a ND.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I like how he said the ND in 1999 was his fault because he was clearing the weapon and didn't check the chamber. Not, I didn't check the chamber AND THEN, I pointed it at my hand and pulled the trigger. :ugh:
    Maybe on his 3rd ND, he'll actually hurt someone besides himself.

Top Bottom