• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The 7th Congressional District of Indiana had a population of about 675,000 people in the year 2000.

Andre Carson won the congressional election in 2010 by a margin of only 31,000 votes. From 2008 to 2010 Carson LOST 86,000 voters.

In the 2010 election only 146,000 registered voters even bothered going to the polls in this district.

Carson was originally elected in a special election in 2008 after his grandmother died and leaving the congressional seat opened. In 2008 the district had 265,000 registered voters showing up to vote, with 172,000 of them voting for Carson and 92,000 voting for Gabrielle Campo.

So in just two years, where did the other 119,000 voters go? 86,000 democrats changed their minds about Carson or just decided it wasn't worth the gas to go vote. 36,000 republicans either switched or decided it wasn't worth the gas.

Carson is most likely history in the 2012 election as republicans will be sweeping out many reps on the coat tails of the massive defeat seen by the democrats in the White House and the Senate.

Democrats will pack the Center Township voting rolls with enough votes to counter any losses in the outlying districts. They have been doing this since Julia was Congresswoman of the District; they've been blatant about it, and no one, apparently cares.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Democrats will pack the Center Township voting rolls with enough votes to counter any losses in the outlying districts. They have been doing this since Julia was Congresswoman of the District; they've been blatant about it, and no one, apparently cares.

Interesting, the Chicago way. Does the need for voter ID help stop this?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Interesting, the Chicago way. Does the need for voter ID help stop this?
    No. They get a huge turnout of residents from their district. It helps that their district is drawn "correctly". The conservative folks just don't care to vote. They will still moan and complain, but not actually care.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    No. They get a huge turnout of residents from their district. It helps that their district is drawn "correctly". The conservative folks just don't care to vote. They will still moan and complain, but not actually care.
    If that doesn't look like it's going to work they can always bring in the "Dead peoples" votes. :n00b:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Blacks Call for Democrat Carson to Resign Over Tea Party 'Hanging' Slam

Some great quotes in this article, like:

And Timothy F. Johnson, founder of the Frederick Douglass Foundation, said : “When some Democrats can’t win a political disagreement, they normally resort to race-baiting, which is in itself racist.”
    ---

The Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, founder and president of the South Central L.A. Tea Party, demanded that both Carson and Waters apologize immediately. “Carson and the CBC want black Americans to forget about the racist legacy of the Democratic Party by falsely portraying the tea party as 'racist,'”

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    How could they be dead? They're Welfare accounts are active and their SSI checks are being cashed? ;)
    That's one of the strong points about the Democrats.
    Their party members are so loyal that they continue to vote for the Party Candidates even after they've died. ;)
    And the checks are being deposited in the "War Chests" of the Dem Candidates as they believe this would be the wishes of the departed. :n00b:

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    A friend of mine sent this letter to Mr. Carson as well as the Indy Star. I thought it was awesome...
    --------------------
    Dear Mr. Carson:

It was with disappointment, but not surprise, that I learned of your recent comments at a Congressional Black Caucus event.

To refresh your memory, speaking at the event you said, “Some of these folks in Congress would love to see us as second class citizens.” You also said, “Some of them in Congress right now of this Tea Party movement would love to see you and me hanging on a tree”.

As a voter in your district, I am requesting that you provide the names of the individuals who have claimed these positions you describe. I would like to review their positions for myself as it may have some impact on how I cast my vote.

Absent specific support for your statements, Mr. Carson, one might interpret them as nothing more than veiled racism. After all, it is a ploy you often take in effort to advance your agenda.

You demonstrated the same tactic the day the so called “health care bill” was signed. You claimed that on your way to the Capitol Building, you were spat upon and called racial slurs including “the 'N' word”. You have since repeated the story a number of times, including in interviews aired on Indianapolis radio station talk programs. Video evidence of the event contradicts your claims. Regardless, you continue to repeat the claims in effort to build racial division.

In my opinion, Mr. Carson, you are a racist. It is evidenced not only in the examples of your actions above but further by the fact that you are member to an organization that excludes people from its membership based on race; the Congressional Black Caucus.

Perhaps you will provide the names of the individuals and prove me wrong, but I seriously doubt it.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    But there may not have been a perfect Republican Candidate so it is better to have Carson in there and feel morally superior to everyone else.:rockwoot:
    Dr. Marvin Scott was the republican candidate in 2010. Too many blacks saw him as an Uncle Tom and too many whites saw him as just another black man. So they stayed home by the thousands.....letting apathy and Carson win again.

Scott was more than qualified for the job. Had he been white, I am confident he would have won.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Racism in America

I am thoroughly and completely fed up with the rampant racism in America today. I refer expressly to Rep. Andrea Carson, 7th district of Indiana. Recently in a Congressional Black Caucus, Town Hall Meeting in Florida Mr. Carson stated regarding the Tea Party that the would like to see “us as second class citizens” and worse that they would like to see us “ hanging on trees”.

This is at very least an outlandish exaggeration and at worse pure hate speech. I support the Tea Party and unlike the Congressional Black Caucus the Tea party is inclusive not limited to persons of one race.

I watched news coverage of this on local television stations this evening and saw no outrage, however, I did not that no Black reporters chose to be in front of the camera.
    Yes there is plenty of blatant racism in America today and the primary offenders are Andrea Carson, Maxine Waters, Rev Jesse Jackson Jr, Rev Al Sharpton and the list goes on and on.

Someone in congress should grow his manhood to the point of standing up and calling for this racist’s resignation but in our world any conservative, republican or tea partier would​
    Probably himself be censured for raising the valid point. So Andrea and his ilk will suffer no penalty for their racist rants it won’t be further discussed on the news tomorrow only on talk shows and we will all go one with increased resentment for one another caused by the very persons who are in a position to ease that tension.

Please call or write your congressman or senator and tell them that this racism has no place in the “land of the Free and the Home of the Brave”.
    :twocents:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The 7th Congressional District of Indiana had a population of about 675,000 people in the year 2000.

Andre Carson won the congressional election in 2010 by a margin of only 31,000 votes. From 2008 to 2010 Carson LOST 86,000 voters.

In the 2010 election only 146,000 registered voters even bothered going to the polls in this district.

Carson was originally elected in a special election in 2008 after his grandmother died and leaving the congressional seat opened. In 2008 the district had 265,000 registered voters showing up to vote, with 172,000 of them voting for Carson and 92,000 voting for Gabrielle Campo.

So in just two years, where did the other 119,000 voters go? 86,000 democrats changed their minds about Carson or just decided it wasn't worth the gas to go vote. 36,000 republicans either switched or decided it wasn't worth the gas.

Carson is most likely history in the 2012 election as republicans will be sweeping out many reps on the coat tails of the massive defeat seen by the democrats in the White House and the Senate.

Do you have any idea how many Republican voters are in the 7th District today, or did you pull the 36,000 number out of your fundament? I can pretty much guarantee that there are not as many Republicans in the 7th as there were when we moved here in 1994; there aren't even as many as lived here in 2000. And, yeah, it can be tough voting election cycle after election cycle knowing your vote isn't going to help, but some of us do it anyway.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Andre Carson is a racist, like his grandmother was. Children learn by watching...he learned to hate America and anyone not black or Muslim.

This is why identifying him as Muslim is relevant. Ignoring his choice of religious practice and all that it entails doesn't make it go away. Talking about it isn't bigotry. Facts is facts.

The difference in Democrat voters is essentially explained in the decrease in black voters who no longer felt compelled to turn off Jerry Springer or leave the comfortable confines of their air conditioned subsidized housing. Obama was already in the White House. And Carson wasn't going to lose.

Top Bottom