• ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Pancakes? Eggs n bacon? Child's play

Heck, I can do up a nice frittata with bacon, ricotta and spinach, and a side of scratch made home fries..

Oh, wait, I'm married. Dang it!

:cool:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Pancakes? Eggs n bacon? Child's play

Heck, I can do up a nice frittata with bacon, ricotta and spinach, and a side of scratch made home fries..

Oh, wait, I'm married. Dang it!

:cool:

That sounds like a great breakfast, can't you mod someone into making it as a fill in or something?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I see you're still up. Ironically I just woke up...lol!

I'm in a similar situation and it does suck, so I sympathize. I was only married 11 years, but that was almost 4 years ago and I have gotten used to just being alone. I figure at this point if I meet someone I meet someone and if I don't, I don't. My ex-wife and I didn't have enough in common and I won't make that mistake again.

Anyway, you have a lot of great advice here, I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone and to wish you luck!

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Here is a simple rule that seems obvious but isn't.

If you meet someone in a bar, then they probably hang out in bars.
    If you meet someone at a dog show, then they probably like dogs.
    Do the things you like and you will meet someone that likes those same things.

Best advice. As a musician, I meet most people in bars, at concerts, festivals, etc. I meet a lot of people very interested in me as a performer, but I always found them shallow and interested in a caricature, not in the real me as a person. After tiring of the same thing over and over, I swallowed my manly pride, and prayed to meet a gal that would enjoy me for me, not just because I played guitar in bands. 15 years ago I married a woman that not only loves music, but also movies, dogs, guns, etc. She was the answer to my prayers, and I've never been happier. We created an incredible kid that is a combination of all our best traits. All it took was a little faith, and the courage to step outside and look around the places I enjoyed, and the activities that I loved doing. Follow the above advice, and start doing things that you enjoy doing. When we stop looking for love, it barrels around the corner and slams headlong into us.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    10838822_752870281468385_1857955682_a.jpg.cf.jpg

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    I've been single for several years and it always seems when I least expect it, I run into someone who could be for me. The few times I "looked" it ended up badly, so I've decided to just be me and enjoy life. I've met several good ladies this way, formed relationships with some, and 1 friend to this day None of the relationships ended badly. However they did approach me first, but it was usually for directions or a ride home, never for a date. I'm surprised at how far something can go when it started so small.

"A truly good man is not aware of his goodness and is therefore good. A foolish man tries to be good and therefore is not good. The master follows his own nature and not the trappings of life." Excerpted from the Tao Te Ching I believe this applies to men and women and most things in life dating included. Good people aren't aware of how good they are, while the more foolish are always trying to let others know how good they think they are. Follow your heart and don't let the trappings of life get in the way.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Hey GunGirl, if I could give you some advice beyond what most have said, it would be to try and not limit yourself to online dating. Try and find places to meet people your age. Doesn't matter if it's a dart league or church groups, try and be open to that sort of thing too. I know you said that it's hard working second shift and things, but I have a friend than can't seem to meet anyone but she also never gets out to meet anyone... Ever and that seems to be the biggest problem.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    What I've learned from this thread:
    1) I must work harder on furthering my 24 years of marriage, maybe her anooyances aren't so bad.
    2) Dating again would be terrifying.
    3) Sylvain is a French Model, but only does so online.
    4) Bunnykid doesn't like blueberries on his pancakes.

Seriously, pray for the best, I can't even imagine dating again. The relationships that work the best (my experience, YMMV), are the ones that the lovers are also best friends.

Best of luck GG, everybody deserves to be happy, @ least the good ones anyway.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I met my wife online.

Be smart, be safe and meet all of the people you can. You will find someone.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I always tell my single friends, "Go and do things that you like. If you meet someone doing the same things, you may have a chance to be happy with them. If you don't meet anyone, at least you are still doing things you like to do!"

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Upthread someone mentioned always present a good appearance when you leave the house. Good advice. In my situation I was kind of wallowing. The love of my life dumped me. I was on vacation, hanging out when my boss asked me if I would go to Wisconsin to fill in for a few weeks. Not having anything going on I went. Had never been there and of course my future wife was working there. No way was I looking, it just happened. You just never know. Had I been dating the one who dumped me, I'd have left Wisconsin and never gone back after my assignment.

Top Bottom