• ...and so much more!
  • Do you display the confederate flag?

• Total voters

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Did as in fought for the south in the war of northern aggression. I also had ancestors who fought for the north. Not ashamed of either side. They fought for what they believed in for their day and age.
    owned as in yes I had slave owner ancestors. I'm not ashamed of them. They did what was legal and normal for their time period. I won't be guilted into anything.
    i think the ancestors of the slaves should feel greatful that they're here in America because of it. They've had opportunities they never would have had otherwise.
    i believe slavery is wrong in the modern world. I don't believe anyone should be treated different due to race only judged on ability and output.

Well you certainly have an interesting outlook. I think I'd have a different outlook on my morally corrupt ancestors. And I'd doubt I'd attempt to justify their crimes against humanity by trying to illustrate that their victims were better off because of it. It's actually a ridiculous notion.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Agreed.

I look on Rebel Flags on vehicles with the same level of disdain as 13.1 stickers.

Great you like Southern culture. Great you like to run and brag about it. Either way, we probably won't be hanging out together as buds.

Had to think about that one a little. But yes, that's about the long and short of it.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Agreed.

I look on Rebel Flags on vehicles with the same level of disdain as 13.1 stickers.

Great you like Southern culture. Great you like to run and brag about it. Either way, we probably won't be hanging out together as buds.

Man, you are a misguided dude. In Bloomington, when I see a 13.1 sticker on a car, I look to see how cute the girl driving it is (almost all the cars in Bloomington with 13.1 stickers on them seem to be driven by cute chicks). You should put your thinking cap on before initiating a frenzy of hate.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    I will admit limited exposure to people flying the Confederate flag. I have lived in WV and IN the majority of my life. If my experience with people flying the flag had been one of hearing them recounting the glories of their ancestors, then I might have a positive reaction to it. My experience has been, from the time I was a youth, that the people I knew flying it, we're the same ones that I would hear, when there were no black folks around, uses racist terminology and telling racial jokes. Enough so that I have associated the flag with an increased possiblity of racism. I don't assume that everyone flying it is racist, but there is a link. It's very similar to locking your cars when driving through the bad part of town. If the bad part of town is mostly black but I lock my doors because of statistically higher crime rate then, I don't think makes you a racist, but if you utter a racial slur while doing so, I would begin to wonder where your heart lies.

your saying that bad parts of town are mostly black and statistically higher crime rate. RACIST. BAH

sbu sailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    South of Center...
    Were the members of Lynyrd Skynyrd racists? Were they promoting white supremacy? If so, why do you still have that shirt/album?

Lynard Skynard racist? urban legend

Lynyrd Skynyrd and Neil Young

Years ago, I had a flag from one of their concerts hung in my truck's back window... until I moved to Hammond. Though I never viewed it as racist, my neighbors surely did! I took it down when they (very nicely) explained that viewpoint. Haven't displayed it since.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I think they should be able to sell it. Walmart is caving into PC pressure that will probably just fizzle away next week. Not much of a Walmart fan anyway. I don't see this a positive for Walmart, I see it as a negative, because they're caving in to pressure.

Do you agree with them caving in to continue selling guns? Anything can be had if there is a market. The big stores and Internet sites are not the only players in the retail game.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Do you agree with them caving in to continue selling guns? Anything can be had if there is a market. The big stores and Internet sites are not the only players in the retail game.

I quit following Wally World long ago. Don't shop there. But one of my friends says it's one of the best places to buy groceries. I'll keep an open mind.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Nope I don't display the flag anymore, while in H.S. I had a belt buckle with the flag on it. It was given to me by my best friend as a birthday gift. I wish I hadn't lost it.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    A fellow attorney just back from Indianapolis told me that a Confederate flag was burned at our Statehouse? What the heck?

I think this is un-American. What is this country coming to? The flag represents history and history must never be forgotten.

Maybe another civil war?

Top Bottom