• Do you display the confederate flag?

• Total voters

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    What about the African flag that people fly? Doesn't the represent pride in ones heritage. But yet means nothing to the other races. And what about the Indiana Africa license plates. And don't get me started on the people flying Ireland and German flags.
    If we **** on one mans heritage, i think we need to **** on them all.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What about the African flag people fly? Doesn't the represent pride in ones heritage. But yet means nothing to the other races. And what about the Indiana Africa license plates. And don't get me started on the people flying Ireland and German flags. If we are against one mans heritage, we need to be against them all.

That's even dumber than the Confederate flag.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That is precisely what I mean. The South, over a rather short period of time nation/region-wise, joined the North and other areas of the world in largely giving up their long standing racial divide and hatred. It took a long time as we measure human lives, and plenty of pointless and vile actions were committed throughout the intermediary period, but the South of today has grown as a unique and somewhat united cultural region that has turned from prejudice against any race. Their flag, which was never abandoned any more than their pride as Southerners, has thus grown with them. To consider a flag that marks pride as a Southerner to be a mere symbol of racism effectively denies the South the ability to turn and repent without utterly rejecting their uniqueness as a culture.

As for owning up to their crimes...that was largely forced upon them during Reconstruction and the economic and cultural privation that followed. To take people that (ironically) greatly valued their own freedom and independence and subject them to military control until they were forced to capitulate to those they deemed animals was deeply humiliating, though not unjustified. Add to that the devastation that happened as their economy was forced to switch gears in a major way, and I would argue that the South did indeed suffer for its sins.

Uh, not ALL Southerners, only a particular group of Southerners.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    What about the African flag that people fly? Doesn't the represent pride in ones heritage. But yet means nothing to the other races. And what about the Indiana Africa license plates. And don't get me started on the people flying Ireland and German flags.
    If we **** on one mans heritage, i think we need to **** on them all.

Africa is a continent consisting of many countries many of whose names and flags have changed numerous times over the last century. So what is an African flag?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Africa is a continent consisting of many countries many of whose names and flags have changed numerous times over the last century. So what is an African flag?

The flag with the vertical, red, green, and black stripes. Quite popular in the late 80s and early 90s, though I've never actually seen one on a flag pole.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The flag with the vertical, red, green, and black stripes. Quite popular in the late 80s and early 90s, though I've never actually seen one on a flag pole.

Okay, thank you. I have seen those around. I didn't know that continents had flags. What is North America's flag?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    It's a free country, and people should be able to display a confederate flag if they please. I'm also free to have the opinion that anyone flying that flag is not a friend of mine and not someone that I'd ever associate with.

I've got too many black friends and am in an interracial marriage. That flag has racial connotations that go against everything I believe. Even if people argue that that flag isn't intended to have racial connotations and that it's just to display their heritage and pride for their family that fought in the civil war, it doesn't matter to me. That flag, like it or not, has racial connotations.

Not only that, the South lost that war. You don't see the Nazi flag being flown in Germany by people wanting to display their heritage. When you lose, your flag should be abolished.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    With the flag as the latest flavor of the month.....I feel fortunate living in a free country that we can " CELEBRATE DIVERSITY ." I see that it only works if I agree with YOU. This S#@T has started to reach a FEVER PITCH. This morning,I read of 6 states that had CW Mems. that were spraypainted. Farrakan wants the American flag changed.Now there is talk of changing the military bases named after CW generals.The National Cathederal is talking of taking a couple of stained glass windows out that have that evil flag on it.Well it looks as if some people will get what they wished for.Remember what Granny always said"be careful what you wish for.......". This is starting to get out of control...........oh yea..and do what the Libtard Alphabet Media says and "CELEBRATE DIVERSITY"..................Also don't forget that the Democrats were the slave owning south. THEY OWN IT.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, that didn't turn out like Roof planned.

Lol, yeah not so much. I'm actually kinda sad the flag has been completely vilified. That's not something I wished to happen. It is still a big part of the heritage of a number of Americans.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Over the years, many a crazed racist has thought they'd do something "majestic" to light off the "race war" they've been hoping for all these years.

Then the people they expect to take up their cause have a tendency to sit back and say something like: "I'm just here to talk ****, not to actually do​ anything. That guy's a nut."

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Lol, yeah not so much. I'm actually kinda sad the flag has been completely vilified. That's not something I wished to happen. It is still a big part of the heritage of a number of Americans.

I totally agree, but it appears some of the very same people who want their heritage honored are the very one's who always complain about others'. I wish to get to the place where we realize this country is an experiment unlike anywhere in the world or at any time in history. We will never get to the point where "we" cannot see the benefit of allowing "them" to be included and have equity.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom