• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Forget accuracy (doesn't matter at 10 feet.)
    Forget caliber (shouldn't matter at 10 feet.)

Uhm, yeah...

Exhibit A on why you're dead wrong about both accuracy and caliber. If that attourney were an armed assailant, the actual shooter would be long dead before he calmly walked away.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pie-ojbJWec[/ame]

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Forget accuracy (doesn't matter at 10 feet.)
    Forget caliber (shouldn't matter at 10 feet.)

Many people would strongly dispute these two points. Some very well respected people would suggest the opposite is true with respect to caliber.

I would be intetetested in the magic fairy dust that prevents anyone from threatening my life from outside 10ft.

Last edited:

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    Uhm, yeah...

Exhibit A on why you're dead wrong about both accuracy and caliber. If that attourney were an armed assailant, the actual shooter would be long dead before he calmly walked away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pie-ojbJWec

So you're saying with a different gun this lawyer would be dead?

I'm not talking about accuracy of the shooter, but inherent accuracy of the weapon. And I don't think caliber at this range matters much.

And my question was regarding defense, not murder.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

I'm not talking about accuracy of the shooter, but inherent accuracy of the weapon. And I don't think caliber at this range matters much.

He was hit multiple times and still walked away. I bet that wasn't a .45...just saying. Caliber does matter some when your not hitting center mass.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Simple answer to the OP original question:

1. Which ever handgun I own that I shoot the best and does not pull pants down around my knees.

2. Which ever handgun I own that I shoot the best.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le

Yes, I believe if Gerald Curry had taken the same 5 bullets to the neck, arm and upper torso in .40 or .45 instead of .22 he would be dead.

And I don't think caliber at this range matters much.

See above^^

You really don't sound like a man who's come to terms with what carrying a firearm really is.

If you're not ready to end someones life, you're not ready to carry a firearm.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I have several I COULD carry :D but the one I usually carry is my Keltec P11.

Compact, 9mm, 8 rounds, not a hiccup since I replaced the extractor claw.

I carry a P11 everyday as well...very dependable and inexpensive shooter. Its easy to conceal. On the day where Idon't carry, like church or somethinglike that, I take along my LCP.

But a P11, a 9mm in fact holds 10 rounds in the mag, plus one inthe chamber

Wingcollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Zionsville
    In regards to caliber, if your attacker is on meth, crack etc .45 or above. Gun; whatever fits your hand and doesn't pull your pants down ! On pot, rolled up newspaper :):. My current personal choice is my profile pic!

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    You really don't sound like a man who's come to terms with what carrying a firearm really is.

If you're not ready to end someones life, you're not ready to carry a firearm.

Well, I admit that I have only been a gun owner for a few months. Before that I never even considered it, so I am a total cherry to everything on this forum....which is why I am here reading every day and trying to start conversation about the things I ponder. I do appreciate your input as well as everyone else's here.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Well, I admit that I have only been a gun owner for a few months. Before that I never even considered it, so I am a total cherry to everything on this forum....which is why I am here reading every day and trying to start conversation about the things I ponder. I do appreciate your input as well as everyone else's here.

Fair enough but please remember, killing in self defense is killing just the same as murder in regards to the end result, just with different causes/purposes/justifications.

rcflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    S&W Mdl 60, .357 snub. Best overall carry gun. Always reliable, very lethal caliber. And practice, practice, practice.
    SW357Snubby002.jpg

Top Bottom